ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WORK PERMIT EXTENSION DECLINED

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wesleyjohnpeterson
Newly Registered

WORK PERMIT EXTENSION DECLINED

Post by wesleyjohnpeterson » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

MY JOB TITLE IS A MECHANICAL ENGINEER BUT MY JOB IS WORKING AS MANTAINCE PLUMBER. MY WORK PERMIT WAS DECLINED BECAUSE MY EMPLOYER BUT ME DOWN AS A 2122 MECHANICAL ENGINEER AS JOB TYPE BUT I ONLY GET PAYED £24000 THEY SHOULD HAVE BUT ME DOWN AS 5314 PLUMBER,HEATING AND VENTILATION ENGINEER WHAT CAN I DO

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 am

Slap you employer around the face and them tell them to re-submit it with the correct in formation and a very polite covering letter explaining what has happend.

Then fix your sticky capps lock key.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm

This just goes to show what a crazy system this is. Most people will do a job which could be described in more than 1 way. Looking through a list of thousands of job titles it is very easy to choose one which is correct but maybe has implications. And half the jobs in the entertainment industry aren't listed at all. The number of technical refusals for reasons like the one you relate have rocketed since the PBS was introduced.