ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 maintenance funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

architect
Newly Registered

Tier 2 maintenance funds

Post by architect » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:21 am

Hello All,

I'm currently working in the UK, and I have an extended leave to remain under the Transistional Tier 2 arrangement. I have recently been offered a new job in a different company. They have obtained the Certificate of Sponsorship for me. So, I believe I now have to submit a new application under the Tier 2 points system - please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have enough points in all categories, except for the maintenance funds crtieria. As most people I have a healthy bank account and a good credit rating, but I do go below a positive balance of £800 towards the end of every month. And, as I have been repaying my student loan I only have about £500 in savings at the moment.

Is there any way I can get around this? Some other questions/ considerations.

- My new salary is over £30,000
- My partner has a savings account, so we could turn that into a joint account?
- Or can my employee agree to look after my maintenance in the COS?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I will greatly appreciate any help/ advise on this matter.

Many thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 maintenance funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 am

architect wrote:Hello All,

I'm currently working in the UK, and I have an extended leave to remain under the Transistional Tier 2 arrangement. I have recently been offered a new job in a different company. They have obtained the Certificate of Sponsorship for me. So, I believe I now have to submit a new application under the Tier 2 points system - please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes separate application and process...
I have enough points in all categories, except for the maintenance funds crtieria. As most people I have a healthy bank account and a good credit rating, but I do go below a positive balance of £800 towards the end of every month. And, as I have been repaying my student loan I only have about £500 in savings at the moment.

Please check Page 34 Section5;
Section 5 – Maintenance and English language
L. Maintenance (funds)
The applicant must have a minimum level of funds, and score 10 points, or the application
will be refused. Applicants should refer to Appendix C paragraphs 4 and 5 of the Immigration
Rules and the Tier 2 of the points based system - Policy Guidance.
Please tick one box below to indicate under which area of the maintenance requirement the
applicant is applying:
Access to £800 available funds to support himself/herself - go to question L1

Maintenance certified by A-rated sponsor – go to question L2
Evidence sent in an earlier application - go to question L3

And Question L2 of application form... which says
Maintenance certified by the sponsor
L2. Tick to confirm that the applicant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain
and accommodate the applicant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.
Now go to question L4

If your new employer is A-rated SL and if you can request the above.. you would be good to go...

ash786
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 maintenance funds

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 pm

architect wrote:Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I will greatly appreciate any help/ advise on this matter.

Many thanks.
1. If employer is A rated then they can confirm that and u do not have to worry about that.
2. U also need to make sure that u job is paid according to the " Code of Practice" List otherwise application will be refused.
3. U can also show overseas bank account to cover that period as long as the account is under u name or joint account.