ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa - Running out...

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lipiden
Newly Registered

Visa - Running out...

Post by lipiden » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 am

Dear Sir,

I am on student visa which is expiring 5th of September 2009. I have selected for a job and the company already applied for SPL 10 weeks before. Now my company received a letter from HO saying that the fee is not correct amount and now my company paid the correct fee. Which was last week. (17/08). HO promised to prioritise our sponsorship application. However, once we received we need to apply for COS. And then i have to apply for WP.

But the problem is i do not have enough time for all this as my visa expiring 5th september. I can not apply for Tier 1. And can only get wp thru tier 2.

What should i do now? Can i still send my application to HO to hold my application till i get COS?
Your help is appreicated.

Regards

ash786
BANNED

Re: Visa - Running out...

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 pm

lipiden wrote:Dear Sir,

I am on student visa which is expiring 5th of September 2009. I have selected for a job and the company already applied for SPL 10 weeks before. Now my company received a letter from HO saying that the fee is not correct amount and now my company paid the correct fee. Which was last week. (17/08). HO promised to prioritise our sponsorship application. However, once we received we need to apply for COS. And then i have to apply for WP.

But the problem is i do not have enough time for all this as my visa expiring 5th september. I can not apply for Tier 1. And can only get wp thru tier 2.

What should i do now? Can i still send my application to HO to hold my application till i get COS?
Your help is appreicated.

Regards
1. No u can not do that as if u do u application will be refused without any doubts.
2. If u graduated then think about PSW visa and once u got that switch to Tier 2 after 6 months.