ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens at the end?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahadat9612
Newly Registered

What happens at the end?

Post by shahadat9612 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi,
I have been living in the UK with a PSW visa and this is my second year running.
I am fulltime employed and self employed. I earn more than 20K a year. I am also the Secretary of a Private LImited company that is growing day by day.

Unfortunately, I have never done a MSc course from anywhere. Due to that, I cannot apply for the Tier 1 General visa category at the end of my current visa validity period.

I don't know which way I should head at this point. I spoke to the Home Office regarding my circumstances and they said they could not give suggestions for my kind of specific situation.

Anybody here knows anything by any chance? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
--Shahadat

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:15 am

Normally, PSW is a just a step to find an employer, after that you should ask your employer to get you a work permit from home office and start working and residing as a skilled worker. You can change to student visa if you want to. The bottom line, find an employer and make sure they can get you a work permit as far as I know.
________
PENNY STOCK PICKS
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tall_funky
BANNED

Re: What happens at the end?

Post by tall_funky » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:56 pm

shahadat9612 wrote:Hi,
I have been living in the UK with a PSW visa and this is my second year running.
I am fulltime employed and self employed. I earn more than 20K a year. I am also the Secretary of a Private LImited company that is growing day by day.

Unfortunately, I have never done a MSc course from anywhere. Due to that, I cannot apply for the Tier 1 General visa category at the end of my current visa validity period.

I don't know which way I should head at this point. I spoke to the Home Office regarding my circumstances and they said they could not give suggestions for my kind of specific situation.

Thanks!
--Shahadat
Hi Shahadat,
Plz check your PM , you've got a Mail ;)

Thanks,
Kash

coolvirgo1986

Re: What happens at the end?

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:43 am

tall_funky wrote:
shahadat9612 wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
--Shahadat
Hi Shahadat,
Plz check your PM , you've got a Mail ;)

Thanks,
Kash

hello my psw visa going to be end May 2010 i dont have master degree of uk what shell i do

vinata

Post by vinata » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 am

You can switch to student visa and do your masters. However, it is not possible to obtain another psw after your complete studies.[/quote]

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:24 pm

you still have 8 months and you can do msc in that period, try to find a lower class legal college they may be able to help you like give you admission in back dates

hitenb
Newly Registered

Post by hitenb » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I find myself in the exact same situation as Shahadat. I work as self-employed and had not planned to do a Masters degree. Could someone please be kind enough to offer some suggestions. Feeling quite lost and confused at the moment as my PSW is running out next month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Regards,