ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2 before completing a UK degree

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dsid
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 2 before completing a UK degree

Post by dsid » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi all
I am just finishing my PhD in UK and I am going to apply for a Tier 2 visa soon. Since my employer needs me to start at the new position asap, I must apply for visa very very soon - I already have a certificate of sponsorship and everything. However, I am puzzled by the English Language requirement - which states that I have to have [b]completed[/b] a UK based University degree, which probably won't be the case, as I am still waiting for my PhD defence! Does that mean I have to take an English test since my previous degree was not in English? So frustrating! Does anybody have any idea if I can in any way avoid this pointless time-consuming nuisance of a test or can anybody give me some advice? Please help me!

Also any experience with Tier 2 waiting times when applying within UK?

Thanks!!!

ash786
BANNED

Re: Applying for Tier 2 before completing a UK degree

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 pm

dsid wrote:Hi all
I am just finishing my PhD in UK and I am going to apply for a Tier 2 visa soon. Since my employer needs me to start at the new position asap, I must apply for visa very very soon - I already have a certificate of sponsorship and everything. However, I am puzzled by the English Language requirement - which states that I have to have completed a UK based University degree, which probably won't be the case, as I am still waiting for my PhD defence! Does that mean I have to take an English test since my previous degree was not in English? So frustrating! Does anybody have any idea if I can in any way avoid this pointless time-consuming nuisance of a test or can anybody give me some advice? Please help me!

Also any experience with Tier 2 waiting times when applying within UK?

Thanks!!!
1. If u r still waiting for the results then yes u will have to do an english language test.
2. If u have a bachelors degree then u can use that as english language requirement.
3. If u only studying masters then u have no option but to take a test.

dsid
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for Tier 2 before completing a UK degree

Post by dsid » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:21 pm

[quote="ash786"]

1. If u r still waiting for the results then yes u will have to do an english language test.
2. If u have a bachelors degree then u can use that as english language requirement.
3. If u only studying masters then u have no option but to take a test.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how recent do the English test results have to be? I cannot find any info on this on the home office website.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Please find the link and the information is on the right hand side of the page (PDF File)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... e/#header4