ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR documents and other info

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ali541

ILR documents and other info

Post by ali541 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:39 am

Hi to all. I was wondering when is the right time to apply for ILR for my wife. is it 28 days before the Visa stamp in her passpoert or 28 days before the date she arrived in the UK.

Also what documents do i need to send with the application form so as to support her application.

Also i was reading about the new guidlineas to take place in 2011. is it true that if someone gets their ILR before that period they will be considred a permanent resident.

All positive help will be appreciated.

Riz

ali541

Post by ali541 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:41 am

23 September 2009

The UK Border Agency has announced transitional arrangements for migrants who will be on the journey to British citizenship when earned citizenship is introduced.

The Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act received Royal Assent on 21 July 2009. Sections 39-41 and 47-49 of Part 2 of the Act give effect to earned citizenship, which we plan to introduce in July 2011. We will announce the specific date of introduction closer to the time.

As the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill progressed through Parliament, the government listened to the views of both the House of Lords and the House of Commons. The government subsequently agreed the following transitional arrangements:

If a migrant has already been given indefinite leave to remain (also known as settlement) on the date when earned citizenship is introduced, they will automatically be considered to be a 'permanent resident'. They will not need to pay or apply for this to occur. They will be eligible to apply for British citizenship under the current rules during the first two years after earned citizenship is introduced.

If a migrant has applied for indefinite leave to remain before the date when earned citizenship is introduced, and is subsequently granted indefinite leave to remain, they will be eligible to apply for British citizenship under the current rules during the first two years after earned citizenship is introduced.

The government will continue to meet its obligations to migrants who entered the United Kingdom on the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and had a legitimate expectation that they would be able to apply for and be granted indefinite leave to remain, in accordance with the Immigration Rules that were in place when they applied to the HSMP.

The introduction of earned citizenship has been postponed by six months, to give people time to adjust to the new system and to allow more applicants who are already in the United Kingdom to apply under the current rules. Earned citizenship will now be introduced in July 2011.

All applications for indefinite leave to remain and British citizenship received before earned citizenship is introduced will be dealt with under the current system.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:41 am

it is 28days from the day she first arrived in UK

ali541

Post by ali541 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 am

Hi. Okay thats cool. What about supporting documents. whay should i include?

if possible could you give me a breakdown of what would look good and support her application for ILR.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:11 am

You need to download form SET(M) from the UKBA website, and you will see the list of required documents. This will include a minimum of 6 documents/letters showing joint address over the full 2 years, in joint names, or 6 each if in single names. These must cover at least 3 different categories.
Has your wife passed the Life in the UK test?

ali541

Post by ali541 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:24 am

Hi. Thanks for the heads up. Not yet but she will betaking it within the next month hopefully.......

pahini

Post by pahini » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:45 pm

i should say ,include all her p60, p45 and letter from hmrc for tax code for all years, letter from employer, housing tenancy agreement - if rented, copy of last 6 months bank statements, pay slips for 6 months, utility bills, council tax bills, credit card statements if any, a letter from bank with balance maintain by u in case u need it , passport size photographs 2 for all dependents included in the application, though not needed - u can include past employers details,

hope this helps,

buzz me if u hv any questions