ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sabah

Post by sabah » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:45 pm

R1z wrote:Salaam to all

Just that all know - if you text or phone from mobile to mobile from england to pakistan to your spouse - you can register (orange pay as you go members only) your mobile online and get call/text history as proof that you have been in contact with your spouse. Just a suggestion as its difficult to prove with calling cards - and if your mobile isn't on contract its not possible to provide this proof.

All you do is visit the site register your number and the site allows you to access call history.

An update on my husbands visa progress: we sent the appeal on the 3rd of OCT and got a reply today that a pending hearing date will be sent after 26th FEB 2010! Very heart breaking to have to wait until after this date so....

Wish the rest all the best.

Salaam
also suggestion if your huB/wIFE has zong go to zong input the number a pin number will be sent to you husband or wife enter that oin number and you can download the last 30 days calls and sms GREAT OR WHAT GOOD PROOF THERE FOR YOU ALL :D

osmananwar1
Newly Registered

Post by osmananwar1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Salam, I have been following this forum for some time now.
My wife submitted her Settlement application on the 22nd June in Islamabad and we are still waiting. I have emailed every person possible regarding my wife’s visa and it’s not worth it if you ask me, you just have to wait.
I have been in touch with my MP and we were told my wife’s visa was accepted and stamped on the 1st October but she still has not received her passport back yet. I’ve been told by my MP to wait till end of this month and Insha’Allah she will have received her passport back.(very much doubt it though)
Processing time are 3 months min and that’s in working days and if you look on Gerry’s website they are processing for last month compleated application and returned were, 96% of settlement application were processed within 90 working days and 99% of apps in 120 working days, according to my calculating I've been waiting 85 working day so there is still time...
REVOLUTION
The UKBA processing times are for if you’ve applied from the UK so that doesn’t apply to us as we have applies from Pakistan.
Hope this helps everyone.

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:08 am

My wife's Visa was approved in September according to my MP and she forwarded me an email from the UKBA as proof and we are NOW ON ... (Drum Roll folks) ... 95 working days and yet to receive the passport.

But if you take into account I think 5 Holidays in this time (i.e. Bank Holidays & Eid Holidays) ... then I guess we're maybe 90 Days today (Thursday).

She went to the Visa App Centre in Lahore and "apparently" they searched for it and said its probly still in ISB, but to wait for the "legendary mystical call" from them once it arrives.

I hope it comes by New Years now!

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:21 am

Today I called to Gerys int n asked my status and i am shocked cos they said ur app is in process so call us in 2-3 days lol
my 12 weeks r gna end on 13th November and he didnt say any thng like wait till 12 weeks ends lol
the main purpuse ov my call was m woried for my TB certificte which is gna end on november so he said wait for 2-3 days well i am sure he just gave me Tasali nothing else is there any body in this forum whos TB certificte gna end during process ?
May Allah give sucsess to all ov us Ameen

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:07 am

[quote="bazzy_1"]Hi Was,

That was Hilarious.
BTW have you heard anything new about your wifes visa or you still waiting.
My wifes application is approaching 17 weeks and still no news.

Batley Khan - In your opinion is it worth contacting my MP, or can this have a negative effect on my wifes visa application. As people on the forum have contacted there MP but it hasnt really seemed to speed up the process

Praying to Allah SWT that things get better soon for all of us[/quote]

Bazzy - no news yet still waiting patiently !!
The only information your MP may be able to get is a current "true" status update if the application is still being processed or if it has been approved etc...

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am

kayaniii wrote:Today I called to Gerys int n asked my status and i am shocked cos they said ur app is in process so call us in 2-3 days lol
my 12 weeks r gna end on 13th November and he didnt say any thng like wait till 12 weeks ends lol
the main purpuse ov my call was m woried for my TB certificte which is gna end on november so he said wait for 2-3 days well i am sure he just gave me Tasali nothing else is there any body in this forum whos TB certificte gna end during process ?
Hi Kayani,

My wifes TB test expired in early october, but we have not been contacted about it, neither has the status changed on the website. I am hoping a decision was made before it expired as she can renew the tb test without her passport.

All we can do is pray to Allah SWT for the best
Regards,

Baz

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 am

bazzy_1 wrote:
kayaniii wrote:Today I called to Gerys int n asked my status and i am shocked cos they said ur app is in process so call us in 2-3 days lol
Hi Kayani,

My wifes TB test expired in early october, but we have not been contacted about it, neither has the status changed on the website. I am hoping a decision was made before it expired as she can renew the tb test without her passport.

Even the TB test expires during the process, it dose not effect the process or the decision, the only thing u need to do is to get the new TB test report before flying

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 pm

go2khurram wrote:
bazzy_1 wrote:
Hi Kayani,

Even the TB test expires during the process, it dose not effect the process or the decision, the only thing u need to do is to get the new TB test report before flying
Hi,

Have you actually experienced this or had any contact from BHC advising of this?
Regards,

Baz

saika
Newly Registered

Post by saika » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 pm

na same boat were floating i am same postion in now i submitted myn in march 2009 no reply yet same message like this can any one help me to trck cuz i cant trck it sys invaild search i submitted myn in islambad : allha help cara shock: i want to know does this shring message charges?
bazzy_1 wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry. This is to inform you that to monitor the progress on your visa application/passport, please keep visiting our website www.ukvacpk.com and wait to be contacted by VAC/Gerry's when they have your passport and documents with them for delivery.

Yours truly
:oops: :cr[lis[/list]
Last edited by saika on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 pm

saika march 2009!! have you made any further enquiries with whats happening with your visa through your local MP
MM

saika
Newly Registered

Post by saika » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:11 pm

2036789 wrote:saika march 2009!! have you made any further enquiries with whats happening with your visa through your local MP
can i ask you question about this message sharing cuz i am new 2 this service . does it cost???????????

o ya its 7 months by the end of this month october . wht is happing with urs is ur wife or g=hasbands ? :? :evil: :shock:

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Saika - this website is free - feel free to send and read as many messages as you like !!!

Sorry ot go of topic but its a funny one !!!

Mr. Singh and Mr. Singh, two friends not noted for their depth of intellectual aptitude, were applying for a visa to visit their relatives in the town of London Transport, England. The first Mr. Singh was interviewed by the officer in charge.

"Well, Mr. Singh, all we need to know is whether you have the mental resources to survive your trip to London", he said, demonstrating his cultural understanding of the applicant. "Let's see, now - if I poke you with this pencil in your left eye, what will happen?

"I'll be blinded in my left eye, sir".

"Very good, Mr. Singh. Now, if I poke you with the pencil in your right eye, what will happen?"

"I'll be blinded in my right eye, sir, and I won't be able to see anything at all."

"Well, Mr. Singh, you've passed with flying colors. Enjoy your trip."

Mr. Singh then rejoined Mr. Singh in the waiting room, and described his experience. "It was being very easy, Mr. Singh. That very nice officer Sahib ask you two questions, and you are answering only "I'll be blinded in my left, eye, sir", and then "I'll be blinded in my right eye, sir, and I won't be able to see anything at all", and then you are getting the visa straight away."

So the second, and slightly more comprehension-impaired Mr. Singh, went into the interview room. The officer took the same approach: "What would happen if I took these scissors and cut off your left ear?"

"I'll be blinded in my left, eye, sir".

"Hmmm. What would happen if I cut off your your right ear?"

"I'll be blinded in my right eye, sir, and I won't be able to see anything at all."

The officer was a little perplexed by these answers. "Now Mr. Singh, I find your answers very difficult to understand. How could it be that cutting off your ears would have anything to do with your eyesight?"

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - I should be explaining myself. If you cut off my left ear, my turban will fall down on the left side and cover my left eye and I'll be blinded in one eye. And then if you cut off my right ear, my turban will also be falling down on the right side and I'll be blinded in my right eye and I won't be able to be seeing anything at all!"

Mr. Singh got his visa.

LOL :D

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 pm

go2khurram wrote:
bazzy_1 wrote:
Hi Kayani,

This is what happened with one of the applicants on the other forum.

"
Application Date : 11 April 2008
Refusal Date : 6 July 2008
Appeal Filed : 22 July 2008
Document submission Date : 15 Feb 2009
Hearing Date : 6 March 2009
Decision Received : 19th March 2009 (Appeal allowed)
Call Letter Received : 20 April 2009
Passport submission : 12th May 2009 (Submitted new TB test as requested)
Call received: 16 Oct 2009 to collect passpot
Passport returned 16 Oct 2009 with A LETTER SAYING SUBMIT NEW TB TEST"

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:24 am

TOPGUN wrote:
go2khurram wrote:
bazzy_1 wrote:
Hi Kayani,

"
OOO meray Allah pura aik saal :(

wot hapend then? Did he/she got visa after submiting new TB cer? Or still a victum ov lazy BHC?

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 am

kayaniii wrote:
TOPGUN wrote:
go2khurram wrote:
bazzy_1 wrote:
Hi Kayani,

"
OOO meray Allah pura aik saal :(

wot hapend then? Did he/she got visa after submiting new TB cer? Or still a victum ov lazy BHC?
It was an appeal case, so BHC have asked them to submit new TB Certificate with passport again.

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 am

Hello Hi its me...same old boring D_W with nothing new to tell... :(

im so upset. after staying with me passionately for a whole month, my dear hubby left last week for UK with out me....becuase still the merciless cruel visa people hav not bothered at all to update my status on gerrys or give a call to me.

im still waiting. my hubby says that let 120 working days pass then he will contact his MP....otherwise we will get the same standard reply.

sabah dear sister i read ur PM...thanks for that ... soryy i repled so late....but i was in heaven with my dear sweet hubby...i can still taste his smell from his clothes he left behind....i went back to my mums place (since i start crying in his room where we stayed) and brought his kurta he used to wear....i cant believe i used to sleep with him over the past whole month and every nite was soo blissfully romantic.....and now it seems like a dream....as if u could only wisper it and it would vanish in thin air. we spent most of out time in karachi and could not go to beautiful northen areas in pakistan due to the terrible situation happening there.

my hubby also misses me...vry vry much....we planned to hav a baby during our 1 month but my hubby insisted that it will be more trouble to get the visa for two people as well and lets see whether or not my visa is granted ....

it looks as though we can not do any thing.....i can only wait till 5th Nov when 6 months completely would have passed or full 120 working days.
i hav emailed to high commission and gerrys but as usual u get the same riduclous merciless standard reply.

Im desperate_wife desperate for me husband... and i miss him :cry: :cry:

PEACE!

D_W

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:38 am

Hi D_W,

I thought you may have been booted of a the forum again or you finally got your visa, but good to hear from you. It's a shame to hear that you are still waiting for your visa.

Inshallah you will get a response soon. My wife is still waiting for her visa aswell and she also applied from Karachi.

Inshallah Allah will to do best
Regards,

Baz

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:47 am

got a call from MPs office...hes emailed ISLAMABAD..

AND theyve issued the visa !!!!!

now the wait 4 the passport !!!

thats after foning every other day,seeing the mp 2 times...

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 am

REVOLUTION wrote:got a call from MPs office...hes emailed ISLAMABAD..

AND theyve issued the visa !!!!!

now the wait 4 the passport !!!

thats after foning every other day,seeing the mp 2 times...
When did you apply?
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:25 am

hey revoloution and Usman waqar

when did ur mp contact the BHC, my mp wrote 3 weeks ago but as of yet had no reply. Iam wandering how long it takes for MPs to get responses to their queries.

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:59 am

applied 22 june....

my mp wrote to BHC 10 weeks ago..an i have been ringing his office every other day for a response...

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 am

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iam sooooooooooooo happpyyyyyyyyyyyyy

my mp just mailed me to tell me that my hubbys visa has been approved

yahoooooooooooo

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

sahdi - congratulations !!! - just gonna have to wait for the phone call from gerries - at least you know its been approved.... :D

same boat as me..!!

learner007

Congratulations

Post by learner007 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Sahdi

Congratulations

Thats very very good news. I am so happy for you.
after a long wait..............Finally You got it.....

Hoooray

Wish u all the best in future.

Please remember us in ur prayers too.

Adriana@UKRES

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:49 am

[quote="desperate__wife"]Hello Hi its me...same old boring D_W with nothing new to tell... :(

im so upset. after staying with me passionately for a whole month, my dear hubby left last week for UK with out me....becuase still the merciless cruel visa people hav not bothered at all to update my status on gerrys or give a call to me.

im still waiting. my hubby says that let 120 working days pass then he will contact his MP....otherwise we will get the same standard reply.

sabah dear sister i read ur PM...thanks for that ... soryy i repled so late....but i was in heaven with my dear sweet hubby...i can still taste his smell from his clothes he left behind....i went back to my mums place (since i start crying in his room where we stayed) and brought his kurta he used to wear....i cant believe i used to sleep with him over the past whole month and every nite was soo blissfully romantic.....and now it seems like a dream....as if u could only wisper it and it would vanish in thin air. we spent most of out time in karachi and could not go to beautiful northen areas in pakistan due to the terrible situation happening there.

my hubby also misses me...vry vry much....we planned to hav a baby during our 1 month but my hubby insisted that it will be more trouble to get the visa for two people as well and lets see whether or not my visa is granted ....

it looks as though we can not do any thing.....i can only wait till 5th Nov when 6 months completely would have passed or full 120 working days.
i hav emailed to high commission and gerrys but as usual u get the same riduclous merciless standard reply.

Im desperate_wife desperate for me husband... and i miss him :cry: :cry:

PEACE!

D_W[/quote]

D_W - so romantic a real life love story.... :D