ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statements.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Duvvuri

Online bank statements.

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi,

We are waiting for bank statements and we still dint get.
Can we send an online bank statement with attestation from the bank.

Once we get the original bank statmenet can we send them later.

Do HO accept online bank statements??

please confirm

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Well the HO does accept online bank statements stamped and signed by the bank. But if using for maintenance purpose I would also suggest getting a letter from the bank stating that in the maintenance period your minimum balance was so and so amount.

I was facing the same issue before I sent my application. I decided to wait for my original bank statement as all my other statements were proper bank statements received by post, and I did not want the latest one to look any different from the others, and so look tampered/forged.

The decision is with you, if you can wait for the statement that would be the best. However you think 1-2 weeks delay might spoil something more important for you, go for stamped and signed bank statements and a maintenance letter from the bank, on the official letterhead and again signed and stamped.

Also many other members of this forum have had a hard time getting their banks to stamp and sign the statements, and issuing the maintenance letter. Which bank do you bank with?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

it is natwest i have actually ordered the statement and i shud be getting tmorrow or day after.

My wife has to go to India by nov 20th is there any chance if we apply by 1st nov that we can get our documents back by tht time.
On average how many days ll it take.

thanks

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi Duvvuri,

If you are getting the statement by today/tomorrow, I would suggest wait for it and keep the rest of the your application ready. Thats what I did, and the day I got my statement and put my appication into the post.

About your other question. Although people have been getting approval within 20 days there are 2 stumbling blocks there:

1) Payment, which may take longer if you pay by cheque/banker's draft. Although you can use postal order and get past this one easily. Or use a credit card and hope the payment wont fail, which it doesnt in most cases.
2) The way they send it back to you, if they do not use your self-addressed special delivery evnelope it may take 4-5 days to arrive. There have been cases where they havent used the attached SAE.

Looking at these factors, I wont suggest you bet on gettting the documents back by the 10th November.

if you want to be really safe, then maybe you should get your extension and then apply for your wife's dependant visa once she is back.

When is your current leave expiring?

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:38 am

my current leave is expiring on 1st dec 2009 and can my wife apply later i mean after she return from India.

In tht case i have to pay the whole fees instead of doing all tht we both will apply same time and lets hope for best.

there are cases where ppl get their extension and passport back in jsut 10-15days even if we apply on 2nd nov and we get by 17 or max by 19 nov she can go to India as her brothers engagement is on 21st.

We are waiting for our bank statmenet ordered on monday bt still waiting :(

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Duvvuri,
my current leave is expiring on 1st dec 2009 and can my wife apply later i mean after she return from India.
In that case I do not think she will be able to enter the UK after the 1st December, as her visa would have expired by that time.
In tht case i have to pay the whole fees instead of doing all tht we both will apply same time and lets hope for best.
Yes more than making sense, it seems to be your only option at the moment.
there are cases where ppl get their extension and passport back in jsut 10-15days even if we apply on 2nd nov and we get by 17 or max by 19 nov she can go to India as her brothers engagement is on 21st.
Hmm, although it varies from case to case maybe you might be lucky in this case. Anyways make sure you use the fastest mode of getting your documents back. Maybe same day delivery self-addressed envelope, or some courier which guarantees getting the docs to you on the same day.
We are waiting for our bank statmenet ordered on monday bt still waiting Sad
Yeah I have been there, you have everything ready to go and the bank statement just wont come on time. My app was delayed by 10 days for this reason.

Anyways good luck with this, keep the forum in the loop.

Regards

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Easy option is pay the OISC registered agent around £500 (same day service) and get it done next week once you have your bank statement.
rather loosing sleep over this one. as added bonus.You will have plenty of time to plan things.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Can i take online bank statments with bank signature just for the current month and send them again once i get the orginals.

I am more worried coz all my 1 year statements are on paper and just this month if i take online with bank signature will tht reject my application.

In tht case i can wait for 1 or 2 more days.

But my wife is loosing her patience

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey Duvvuri,

Busybee did the same thing, and got his approval today. Maybe you should go for it after all.

Maybe Busybee can comment on how he did his best to make sure it didnt get rejected?

Regards

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Busybee waiting for ur reply. I know ur very happy with ur visa extension bt please there are ppl here who are waiting for ur reply.

So please reply asap.

thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Duvvuri wrote:Busybee waiting for ur reply. I know ur very happy with ur visa extension bt please there are ppl here who are waiting for ur reply.

So please reply asap.

thanks
Send busybee a PM or post ur request at the link..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 019#304019

how will he/she know u r waiting for the reply... come on Duvvuri garu..

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 pm

thanks ramesh bt m so desperate and dnt knw wht to do so thts y.

Anyways I called bank people they are saying they posted yesterday and day before also.

So shud b getting may b tmorrow or day after.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Duvvuri wrote:thanks ramesh bt m so desperate and dnt knw wht to do so thts y.

Anyways I called bank people they are saying they posted yesterday and day before also.

So shud b getting may b tmorrow or day after.
i understand ur situation as u are loosing time day by day and ur travel date is nearing..

anyways goodluck

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:28 pm

yup ramesh more than me my wife is almost like crying :cry: so thts d reason m posting so many qs lets see we decided to send our documents max by monday which 2nd and all documents r pretty straight forward so lets wait and see

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Duvvuri wrote:yup ramesh more than me my wife is almost like crying :cry: so thts d reason m posting so many qs lets see we decided to send our documents max by monday which 2nd and all documents r pretty straight forward so lets wait and see
If everything is ready at your end and you are just waiting for the bankstatements..

i would say send the RM SD or courier whatever you decided to use.. ASAP (as soon as you receive the statements..) why monday.. you are loosing 2days in between.. hope ur statements comes tomorrow or even dayafter.. send it even on friday evening.. time is valuable for you..

Goodluck

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:44 pm

yeab thts wht even m thinking to send m read to post it on friday n saturday and if on monday then i ll send it thru same day delivery royal mail.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Thats an amazing idea Ramesh. Anyways he will lose around 2 days while the application waits for payment and gets to the actual case-worker.

It would be good to try start parallel processing while he awaits the bank statement. I am assuming he would be sending a signed and stamped copy anyways, just in case his case starts getting processed before he gets the bank statement!!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:53 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thats an amazing idea Ramesh. Anyways he will lose around 2 days while the application waits for payment and gets to the actual case-worker.

It would be good to try start parallel processing while he awaits the bank statement. I am assuming he would be sending a signed and stamped copy anyways, just in case his case starts getting processed before he gets the bank statement!!
Yes Bankstatements with sign and stamp are good enough to be sent..

i asked him to send it tomorow or even on friday becos.. as soon as HO receives the applications.. they dont waste time to deduct the fees and this way your application sent date would start as 29th or 30th oct is agood start.. becos after fee deduction.. they need to wait for those 2-3weeks anyway..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:04 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thats an amazing idea Ramesh. Anyways he will lose around 2 days while the application waits for payment and gets to the actual case-worker.

Minor Correction: Online bank statements should be only stamped by bank (signatures are not required as per guidance), while online payslips should be signed and stamped. So, if your bank manager just gives you a stamp without signatures, it should be fine.

i asked him to send it tomorow or even on friday becos.. as soon as HO receives the applications.. they dont waste time to deduct the fees and this way your application sent date would start as 29th or 30th oct is agood start.. becos after fee deduction.. they need to wait for those 2-3weeks anyway..

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm

thanks everyone tmorrow i ll go and ask in the bank whether they are ready to give online bank statment with stamp on it or.

I am with natwest and im sure they shud b ready to give it.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:53 pm

mvent00 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Minor Correction: Online bank statements should be only stamped by bank (signatures are not required as per guidance), while online payslips should be signed and stamped. So, if your bank manager just gives you a stamp without signatures, it should be fine.

Completely Agreed Mvent00..

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:07 pm

hi,

I read somewhere tht natwest bank doesnt stamp and sign.
Anybody with natwest bank and who got online statements stamped and signed.

Please reply

I just read tmorrow is also postal strike so i dnt hv any hope tht i can get my statement tmorrow by post.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hey Duvvuri,

Busybee did the same thing, and got his approval today. Maybe you should go for it after all.

Maybe Busybee can comment on how he did his best to make sure it didnt get rejected?

Regards
I have account with HSBC & Barclays Bank.

I received all the previous 11 mths statements via the post except for the 12 month (Sept) bank statement which i kept calling the 2 banks for. I went to the banks and Sept bank statment was printed at the banks respectively which was stamped and signed easily but they refused to issue me a cover letter.

I sent my application with the statements received via post (11 months) and the 12 month (was printed at the bank) since my visa was expiring soon and it worked! 8) 8) :D I eventually got the last statement via the post 8 working days after i sent my application to HO :lol:

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm

ru sure HO accept online signed and stamped statement r u the exception?

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:32 am

Duvvuri wrote:ru sure HO accept online signed and stamped statement r u the exception?
You can try to get a cover letter as well to make your proof stronger.

All the best