ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can student dependent visa holder apply for hsmp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aabh24
Newly Registered

can student dependent visa holder apply for hsmp

Post by aabh24 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi Every one
I m new to this site and need some urgent help.
I m in uk from last four year.Right now i m on student dependent visa.
I want to know about tier 1 general visa application.
Can i apply within uk on tier 1 or i must have to go back to india for applying for same?
I had all relevant points and the score comes to 75.
Cheers

narulade

Post by narulade » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:10 am

HI

you can apply from here but for stamping you need to go to india.. but i think better you should call HO and check with any good laywer .. they can give this answer for free .. hope soo

goodssb

Re: can student dependent visa holder apply for hsmp

Post by goodssb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 pm

As a HSMP dependent visa holder, I confirmed with the Home Office twice that I will have to apply for Tier 1 in my own country. So I guess you might have to go back to your own country to apply for tier 1

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:10 pm

aabh24 wrote:Hi Every one
Can i apply within uk on tier 1 or i must have to go back to india for applying for same?
Cheers
hi there my wife is on student visa and i m on dependent visa from last two year and before two days we had baby boy. Now my worries is apply for indian passport.Or just wondering can i apply for him british passport.
Thanks...

NO BRITISH passport, he is born to visa national parents so child status is same of his parents

aabh24
Newly Registered

thanks a lot

Post by aabh24 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

thanks for the reply
now my worries is how much the balance i have to show.
I m beet confuse as i have 2800 for my self but confuse about my wife and my baby.
so please let me know asap so i can arrange the money to show.
regards
akash

camcan

Post by camcan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi I applied in the same situation i was dependant of a student. I applied in country and got stamping done back home. I believe the rules are now diffrent as you get the stamping done in one stage. So i would suggest checking with the HO. My personal feeling is they might ask you to go back.

The reason is that they want you to attain "entry clearence" which than re-triggers your path to citizenship. Meaning you previous 4 years that you have worked on a dependant visa will be null and void. If it is was not for this entry clearence once you get you Tier1 a year after you may say you have completed continuous 5 year period of stay in which you were leagally working full time.

Clever they are. I dont think they would allow that.

Cheers

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 pm

confirmed with UKBA that time spending as a dependent does not count toward the period leading to ILR, i.e., no matter how long you have stayed as a dependent, you can not apply for ILR yourself.
camcan wrote:Hi I applied in the same situation i was dependant of a student. I applied in country and got stamping done back home. I believe the rules are now diffrent as you get the stamping done in one stage. So i would suggest checking with the HO. My personal feeling is they might ask you to go back.

The reason is that they want you to attain "entry clearence" which than re-triggers your path to citizenship. Meaning you previous 4 years that you have worked on a dependant visa will be null and void. If it is was not for this entry clearence once you get you Tier1 a year after you may say you have completed continuous 5 year period of stay in which you were leagally working full time.

Clever they are. I dont think they would allow that.

Cheers