ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIer4 Application sent on Visa Expiry Date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajamahmood85

TIer4 Application sent on Visa Expiry Date

Post by rajamahmood85 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Dear Friends,
I sent my application on 31/12/2009 with recorded delivery and my current student expires on 31/12/2009 same day.
Will it be a problem or not?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: TIer4 Application sent on Visa Expiry Date

Post by ElenaW » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:Dear Friends,
I sent my application on 31/12/2009 with recorded delivery and my current student expires on 31/12/2009 same day.
application for what?
I tell it like it is.

rajamahmood85

Re: TIer4 Application sent on Visa Expiry Date

Post by rajamahmood85 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:05 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:Dear Friends,
application for what?
Tier4 application for student visa extension.
I was on student visa and now applied for extension. I sent extension application today and my visa expires today as well.
Will it be problem or not?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 pm

If they recieve it today, then you will still be in status and not an overstayer. I don't think it will be much of a big deal if they recieve it on say monday but technically you're considered to be out of status.
I tell it like it is.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:14 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:If they recieve it today, then you will still be in status and not an overstayer. I don't think it will be much of a big deal if they recieve it on say monday but technically you're considered to be out of status.
Thanks for ur reply. Someone said as u sent the application while u have visa and if u keep the postal proof it will be ok.
they wont receive it today,they might recieve saturday but surely on monday. it is special recorded delivery.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:16 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:If they recieve it today, then you will still be in status and not an overstayer. I don't think it will be much of a big deal if they recieve it on say monday but technically you're considered to be out of status.
Thanks for ur reply. Someone said as u sent the application while u have visa and if u keep the postal proof it will be ok.
they wont receive it today,they might recieve saturday but surely on monday. it is special recorded delivery.
Yeah i don't think this should be something that worries you. Definitely keep that postal reciept though.
I tell it like it is.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:18 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
Yeah i don't think this should be something that worries you. Definitely keep that postal reciept though.
I will keep the postal receipt.
I just got late while covering my gaps and arranging admission with college.
So I was wondering if i could some definite answer about this as it is very important for me.