ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW query urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aobilor
Newly Registered

PSW query urgent

Post by Aobilor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi my student visa just expired end of december, I just wanted to know a few things.
1) I just had the £800 transferred into my account is it eligible or is it meant to be held for 3 months first?
2)If I have to leave for home how long do I have to wait till I can apply for the PSW visa?
3)If I leave for home how much must I have in my account and for how long must it be there?
4)I acquired a certificate of higher education for my 3 years of study is this eligible to get a PSW visa? (I believe on the Uk boarder website it is, just trying to confirm)
Thank you I eagerly await your reply.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

1) 3 months
2) Whenever you meet the criteria for applying from your home country
3) Check the UKBA website
4) See above.

Aobilor
Newly Registered

Post by Aobilor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:25 pm

My Family was paying for my schooling and I was on a student visa meaning I was only allowed to work 20hrs per week,is it possible to use my family's bank statement? And thanks for the quick reply.

Oh so if I go back and put in the £2800 pounds into an account am I already eligible and can apply immediately?

Someone advised me that its better to apply from here if I can get around the £800 for 3 months thing,could you please advise me on that.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Bearing in mind that your student visa has expired you can't apply from here and you would just be wasting your money.

No you can't use your family's bank statement unless your name is on it and you have access to it.

Aobilor
Newly Registered

Post by Aobilor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm

really silly if u ask me as people with student visa's arent allowed to work more than 20hrs a week. How do u save £800 over 3 months.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Aobilor wrote:really silly if u ask me as people with student visa's arent allowed to work more than 20hrs a week. How do u save £800 over 3 months.
You can work full time during the holidays.

The whole point of student visas was for the students to study here and then go home so that you're of benefit to your home country.

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Yes, but not any more for him ...... visa expired!
John

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:29 pm

John wrote:
Yes, but not any more for him ...... visa expired!
I meant whilst the visa was valid and he was studying.

Now he can go back home and put his studying here to use to the benefit of his home country as his visa was intended.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:58 pm

I concur with meat

1) I just had the £800 transferred into my account is it eligible or is it meant to be held for 3 months first?
*** This doesn't matter anymore, you will need to go back home and show minimum of £2800 as your bank balance (can be combination of different bank accounts in your name or joint) for 3 months. If you have money in your families account then I suggest you become a joint account holder when you go back.

2)If I have to leave for home how long do I have to wait till I can apply for the PSW visa?
*** Whenever you have the funds but must be within 12 months from the date you received your degree/certificate

3)If I leave for home how much must I have in my account and for how long must it be there?
*** Refer to 1)

4)I acquired a certificate of higher education for my 3 years of study is this eligible to get a PSW visa? (I believe on the Uk boarder website it is, just trying to confirm)
*** As long it's in the list of qualifications on the UKBA website.

Thank you I eagerly await your reply.