ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain & 6 PENALTY PTS + £120 FINE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DEVONIAN

Indefinite Leave to Remain & 6 PENALTY PTS + £120 FINE

Post by DEVONIAN » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Hello to everyone on this forum. I need to apply for ILR in the UK on the basis of Long Residence (10 years of unbroken, lawful residence). In November 2005, I was charged with driving without insurance (a friend bought a brand new car, and I gave it a ride on our way back from work, police stopped us and that was it :(). In March 2006, the matter came up at a magistrate court and I was fined £120. My licence was endorsed with 6 penalty points. Will this prevent the UKBA from granting me ILR?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:53 pm

for ILR probably not. Naturalisation might be an issue, but looking at the timeframe it wud probably have been 'spent' by the time you are eligible

Dr Logic
BANNED

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain & 6 PENALTY PTS + £120 F

Post by Dr Logic » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 pm

DEVONIAN wrote:Hello to everyone on this forum. I need to apply for ILR in the UK on the basis of Long Residence (10 years of unbroken, lawful residence). In November 2005, I was charged with driving without insurance (a friend bought a brand new car, and I gave it a ride on our way back from work, police stopped us and that was it :(). In March 2006, the matter came up at a magistrate court and I was fined £120. My licence was endorsed with 6 penalty points. Will this prevent the UKBA from granting me ILR?

Dont worry about ILR. You have to worry about citizenship. They dont borther for ILR BUT they must check this when you apply citizenship.