ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel before applying for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tribalboy

Travel before applying for British Passport

Post by tribalboy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am

I have taken the Citizenship oath recently and have not applied for the British Passport yet. I still have my Indian passport, can I travel using the Indian passport at all. Is there a way to fast track my application for the British Passport, has anyone done this before. My wife is ill and we could do with some family help, maybe I can get the doctor to give us a letter. Would this help

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

There is no fast track option for first adult passports but the process takes a little less than 3 weeks in my experience, once you send the application off, you normally get an invitation to book an interview after a week or two, if you are willing to go to any available interview office, you could get a next day interview and provided everythings OK with the interview, you should have your passport 4 days later.
'In everything give thanks'

tribalboy

Post by tribalboy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Thank you so much OfCharity, much appreciated.