ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed!!! Tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sara_it
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed!!! Tax issue

Post by sara_it » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:48 am

Hi,

I am due to appear at sheffield office for my ILR in 1 week. I have been with the same employer for past 5 years on a work permit, but my pay was reduced within first month of employment. I had all my documents ready and I showed them to a friend, she mentioned that according to the rule I should have paid tax on the pay that was decided on the work permit letter.

I have 4 p60s (5th yet to come this april).

2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008 (on all these p60s, total amount earned in the year is lower than the amount on work permit letter)

2008-2009 (shows the right amount since i got a raise that year)

I'm just wondering if its a serious issue and should I just take one p60 with me. Other documents I have prepared are

-last 12 months payslips
-last 12 months back statements
-Letter from employer
-Life in uk certificate

I have found this forum quite helpful and I'm hoping for some genuine suggestions/advice. Oh and I also had to have an extension on my WP after 1 year in 2006.

Thanks

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi,

I have similar sort of issue although not exactly the same. I'm myself on WP and have lesser amount showing on the first 3 of my P60s but not because my pay was reduced or anything but rather I took lot of unpaid leave in the first 2 years to sort out a few things which also includes travelling to India to get married etc. And in the 3rd year I was on maternity leave for a few months. 4th year i.e. 2008-09 is perfect...salary wise and this year will be fine too but I won't receive the last P60 until April. I am due to apply in March.

I have consulted a few people and everyone tells you different things but one of the lawyers said that they aren't actually bothered about the amount on P60 they only ask for them to check the continuity of your employment with the employer you got your WP for.

Although not completely satisfied but this thing has put my mind at ease to a certain extent but if you happen to hear something from someone of standing please do let me know too :)

sara_it
Newly Registered

Post by sara_it » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Vinseh,

Thats exactly what I have heard. The case worker only needs them to see the financial activity and to check that I have been paying taxes.

When is your appointment?

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 pm

hello,

They don't ask your tax details for the 5 years which means they don't care how much the tax was paid..
look at this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=48541
this guy just showed his work permit letters and got ILR and there are other examples in this forum where people did not show the p60..
so i think you should be fine..

Deep..

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:33 pm

sara_it wrote:Hi Vinseh,

Thats exactly what I have heard. The case worker only needs them to see the financial activity and to check that I have been paying taxes.

When is your appointment?
Hi again sara_it,

That's true but as I mentioned earlier different people have said different things about this, some members on this forum even suggested to enclose a cover letter explaining the situation but I would rather not do that because they might not even notice the discrepency in the amount, then why to touch the topic and invite unnecessary questioning.

But again that's my opinion, since you are going in one week have you considered professional opinion? from a legal advisor/lawyer?

Mine is due in mid of March, have yet to book an appointment for myself :)

I wish you all the luck for the D Day :) keep me posted :)

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:25 pm

as per me that should not be a problem.

all the best for that big day.

sara_it
Newly Registered

Post by sara_it » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm

any gurus on this please :)