ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Updated time line below, just have to wait until next week for the passport.

Interview was straight forward, questions just to ensure that am the one actually making the application: One scary bit is the guy said "we got to do some more checks and if everything is fine then you will receive passport in 3-5 days"

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years
Date of debit of Card : 21/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 25/01/2010 (Dated 21/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 05/02/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 08/02/2010

Date of passport application : 08/02/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 12/02/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

peter786

Post by peter786 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Got the approval atlast.

Date of application--NCS..16th Nov
Date of approval---12th Feb dated 5th feb
Date of ceremony---25th feb

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 pm

hi peter
what wa you CRETIRIA

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:44 pm

HI PETER

what was you CRETRIA

peter786

Post by peter786 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

HSMP 5 yrs JR

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi safwan, even though cases vary but i guess in general, time line for straight forward case vary in terms of different councils. as i said my council receiving certificae applicant who apllied between 20 nov to 5 jan and she also mention that this information might help with to get idea about my waiting time. but you already seen in the forum people applied late jan already got their approval.

So if you are in council who do not have very much applicant and not often ceremony its very likely to be slow down your time.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:06 am

Eskar wrote:Hi safwan, even though cases vary but i guess in general, time line for straight forward case vary in terms of different councils. as i said my council receiving certificae applicant who apllied between 20 nov to 5 jan and she also mention that this information might help with to get idea about my waiting time. but you already seen in the forum people applied late jan already got their approval.

So if you are in council who do not have very much applicant and not often ceremony its very likely to be slow down your time.
that sound useful ...i will keep an eye on ...i will try to find a busy council :)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 am

marvelous2062 wrote:Updated time line below, just have to wait until next week for the passport.

Interview was straight forward, questions just to ensure that am the one actually making the application: One scary bit is the guy said "we got to do some more checks and if everything is fine then you will receive passport in 3-5 days"

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years
Date of debit of Card : 21/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 25/01/2010 (Dated 21/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 05/02/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 08/02/2010

Date of passport application : 08/02/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 12/02/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending
Congrats! Wow that was quick, i take it you had a private ceremony. U know what if u do get your passport in the next few days it would mean u completed the whole process in a month. that must be record of some sort.

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 pm

f2k wrote:
Congrats! Wow that was quick, i take it you had a private ceremony. U know what if u do get your passport in the next few days it would mean u completed the whole process in a month. that must be record of some sort.
I did do a private ceremony, the guy at the interview told me that that this was the fastest application for passport he has seen.

voan
Newly Registered

Post by voan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey Safwan

:o You were right I received my approval letter on 11th Feb as you mentioned! :P The letter was with my neighbour and I received it yesterday. :lol:

I am sure you will hear yours soon. Keep positive as you say and thank you and Eskar for the support! :D You have a good vibe dude.
Peace...

:arrow: voan
titas wrote:on 22nd of Jan. I applied via NCS
safwan wrote:HI titas

Do you know the date the home office received your application

safwan

Post by safwan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 pm

hi voan

i am very happy for you brother

have a nice day

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Spartec, chaudhrei any news ? i suppose application processing time depnds on your council and region because my council received certificate for applicant who apllied 30 Nov to 5th Dec this week which is pretty slow compare to other council i guess. i would say do not stress if even its late.

Murad any more further news. did they post the letter.

Voan congratualtions.

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:54 pm

hi eskar no thing yet

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Eskar,

Nothing yet. Last I checked it was still under initial checks and yet to be assigned to a caseworker.

The time it takes for an application to be approved has nothing to do with the council as far as I know. The HO decides and informs the council and the applicant.

Regards - Spartac

London102

Re: !!!

Post by London102 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 am

Hello,

Can anyone advise the complete 0151 contact number that thiagofali has mentioned below.

Thanks

London102

thiagofali wrote:I've called the 0151 number and chose 3-2-1 options and got through.

I've called around 2pm...
hsmporwp wrote:Congratulations thiagofali!

which number did u call; i cant seem to get trhough t anywhere but recorded message about EEA natiplans which hangs up in the end from 0151 number + 3..1...2

any help?
thiagofali wrote:I've called the home office and the lady said that my decision has made today and the letter was sent! She impliedly said that I was approved (she couldn't tell me directly the decision). She just said that I have good news and that my decision was made today!!!!

ESKAR, I applied one day before you, so you might be able to call monday or tuesday and they might tell you if the decision was made or not... Depending on the attendant, he/she might also tell you if it was approved or not..

Don't worry if your case takes a bit longer. Each case is dealt differently.

You will get good news too! I'm sure.

As soon as I get the letter confirming, I'll post it here

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 am

Spartac wrote:Hi Eskar,

Nothing yet. Last I checked it was still under initial checks and yet to be assigned to a caseworker.

The time it takes for an application to be approved has nothing to do with the council as far as I know. The HO decides and informs the council and the applicant.

Regards - Spartac
I am in the impression HO just sends the approval letter to the applicant address. Why would the council be involved in this? and which council.. local or the one through whome we submitted the application

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi London102

This is the number 0151 6725626, please stick with the options 3,1,2 or else u will get the six month record time scale rubbish.

Marvin

London102

Post by London102 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi marvelous2062,

Thanks very much for this information. I appreciate.

Take Care,

london102
marvelous2062 wrote:
Hi London102

This is the number 0151 6725626, please stick with the options 3,1,2 or else u will get the six month record time scale rubbish.

Marvin

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Finally some progress to report, I think.

Called the HO and they say the application is now complete but the documents are yet to be sent out. No idea how long that will take. It was still under initial checks as of Wednesday last week, so the caseworker has obviously been very quick with it.

So now I wait for Postman Pat.......

Regards - Spartac

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 pm

i wish you good luck ...and all the best mate ...dont worry ...soon you will have your approval letter in the post ...give it about 1 week ...hope to hear from u soon ..and thanks for your Msg :)

Spartac wrote:Finally some progress to report, I think.

Called the HO and they say the application is now complete but the documents are yet to be sent out. No idea how long that will take. It was still under initial checks as of Wednesday last week, so the caseworker has obviously been very quick with it.

Regards - Spartac

safwan

Post by safwan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:39 pm

hi spartac
what documents they sent do you mean the approval letter?

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks joelondon,

I hope that this means they have approved it. The guy set it will be sent out shortly, within a few weeks. Hope that was an overstatement.

safwan - He didnt say which documents. I think we just get a letter of approval, hopefully. I used the NCS so didnt send them any documents other than the copies.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Spartec. good news now u can relax a bit. hoepfully you will get the approval letter by beginning of next week.

how come they told you or others that decision has been made or handle to case worker etc but when i call they do not tell me anything, just its not 6 month yet. i tried 2wice last week and week before. so i gave up, wont call anymore. for the record i did choose option 3,1,2
Spartac wrote:Finally some progress to report, I think.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 pm

hi gainvidya,

do not get confused. you will get your approval letter in ur address. but i was saying about your nationality certificate which you get when you for for the ceremony.

i contacted my local council just to check if the receive my certificate before i get my approval letters. and i was informed that they have not received anything in my name yet and they only received certificate for applicant who applied in 30 Nov to 5th Jan last week. she also mention it might give me idea of waiting time. besides, so it is quite weird how come they didnt receive certificate for any of the applicant who applied after 5 Jan where you saw here lot of people got approval applied after 5 jan, 2010.

so i think processing time vary from different council and if you even approved but you get the post late .
gainvidya wrote:

Regards - Spartac
I am in the impression HO just sends the approval letter to the applicant address. Why would the council be involved in this? and which council.. local or the one through whome we submitted the application

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Eskar wrote:hi gainvidya,

do not get confused. you will get your approval letter in ur address. but i was saying about your nationality certificate which you get when you for for the ceremony.

i contacted my local council just to check if the receive my certificate before i get my approval letters. and i was informed that they have not received anything in my name yet and they only received certificate for applicant who applied in 30 Nov to 5th Jan last week. she also mention it might give me idea of waiting time. besides, so it is quite weird how come they didnt receive certificate for any of the applicant who applied after 5 Jan where you saw here lot of people got approval applied after 5 jan, 2010.

so i think processing time vary from different council and if you even approved but you get the post late .
gainvidya wrote:

Regards - Spartac
so this raises the question about point 1.21 in AN form which I left it blank
1.21 If your application is approved, you will need to take part in a citizenship ceremony. The venue will normally be
within a local authority area near where you live. If you want to have your ceremony in another area you should give us
details of the local authority location below.

Once I get my approval where will they send my certificate?
>Local council
>council where I submitted my application
>OR whereever I choose to attend my ceremony

How will this be co ordinated?