ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help required

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sonya24

urgent help required

Post by sonya24 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 pm

i wanted to ask you a question regarding eu passport i know some1 who is from pakistan he was on igs visa previously but that has expired he got married to lativan girl now he wants to change his status and get an eu passport can u please explain me the procedure and wht documents does he need to support his application and what visa would he get at the moment will he get the passport straight away or hell have to wait hows long will it take for all this procedure please let me know as he is realy worried.
thanks

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Hahaha where is Wanderer ??? !!!
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: urgent help required

Post by dublin3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 pm

sonya24 wrote:i wanted to ask you a question regarding eu passport i know some1 who is from pakistan he was on igs visa previously but that has expired he got married to lativan girl now he wants to change his status and get an eu passport can u please explain me the procedure and wht documents does he need to support his application and what visa would he get at the moment will he get the passport straight away or hell have to wait hows long will it take for all this procedure please let me know as he is realy worried.
thanks
I don't think that he can get EU passport straight away.
First of all he will have to fill up an application form EEA2 and send it to UKBA and UKBA will decide in 6 months to 1 year time to grant a residence card.
If his application is approved he will be issued a residence card valid for 5 year and after that he will have to apply for a Permanent residence card.
One year after the confirmation of PR he can apply for Naturalization.
In case if he meets all the condition set by Directive.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:28 am

inwarsaw wrote:Hahaha where is Wanderer ??? !!!
I give up, honestly!

I detect a sense of urgency and therefore I officially stamp this as a marriage of convenience, and so will the HO hopefully.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 am

sonya24 wrote:i wanted to ask you a question regarding eu passport i know some1 who is from pakistan he was on igs visa previously but that has expired he got married to lativan girl now he wants to change his status and get an eu passport can u please explain me the procedure and wht documents does he need to support his application and what visa would he get at the moment will he get the passport straight away or hell have to wait hows long will it take for all this procedure please let me know as he is realy worried.
thanks
Give me strength! :roll:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

thanks
Please ask him to pop down to the local post office with his Latvian wife. The post office staff will issue an EU passport immediately, however proof of identity and relationship will be required, together with a promise from the Pakistani national that he will not divorce his wife after three years.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I don't see this person getting anywhere with his plans
we can all change our stars

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:42 pm

He will probably divorce his new wife now because she is of no use.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 am

thanks
hehehehe this is the funniest post I have ever seen... European passport straight away? :shock: You are a man with a great mission :lol: