ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying on 18 Feb (Requesting to check my Cover Letter)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sivaprasad_ece

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 pm

DATE 18 Feb 2010

Kundurthi Siva Prasad
Email: xxxxx
Phone: xxxx

To,
The British Deputy High Commission
Chennai, India

Dear Sir/Madam:

Subject: Application for Tier 1 Higher skilled workers category (General) Migrant.

Please find enclosed overleaf my application for Tier 1 (General) migrant along with all the relevant specified evidence and documentation to support this application. I request the British Deputy High Commission to process my application, and permit me to enter UK with effect from 01-May 2010.

Enclosures: -
1. Banker’s cheque for Indian Rupees (INR) 54000
2. PBS FORM (VAF9 MAR 2009) - PERSONAL DETAILS
3. PBS FORM (VAF9 APR 2009) - APPENDIX 1: TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT - SELF- ASSESSMENT
4. Two recent Photographs with my name written on the back of the photographs.
5. Original passport’s:- Previous Passport (xxxx), Current Passport (xxx)
6. Self-assessment summary from the points based calculator available on the website of the Home Office, UK Border Agency.
7. Qualifications: Original certificate of award of Master’s Degree.
8. Previous Earnings: Pay Slips, Bank Statements, Letter of authenticity from Bank
9. English Language: Original certificate of award of Master’s Degree
10. Maintenance: Bank Statements used for Previous Earnings.

Notes:-

1.I am enclosing my previous passport (xxxx) as this has all the details of my previous applications to UK and also Past UK travel History.
2.Currently I am applying for my self only and I am not applying for my dependents, However I am planning to apply for them after 4 to 5 months. Hence I am not maintaining any funds for my dependents currently. I am maintaining the amount which is equivalent to GBP 2800 for my self in my salary savings account.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory. However if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Sincerely,

Kundurthi Siva Prasad

Please Let me know if i need to add any other documents.
I am also including the Notes mentioned in the cover letter in Part 7 of the VAF9 form.

Regards,
Siva

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Looks fine but it can be fine tuned a lot

Please see in the below link getkumars cover letter 3rd message; though this is application from uk but format will be useful for you...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24717

please use your cover letter as a media to explain ur application in different sections like

1. Category
2. Points claiming
3. Evidence submitted
4. Anything to explain

This is just an Example:

1. Earnings Proof
2. 40 points claimed
3. Letter from employer or 12 monthly payslips from xxx - yyy + Bank statements form xxx - yyyy
4. There is a discrepancy in the payslips and bankstatements because of fault by our accounts department which has been accepted n explained by the employer... etc..

BUT please understand that it is not mandatory to enclose cover letter with the application it is not in the guidelines.. it is just for our convenience and a media to explain our case to caseworker

please go through the link and make ur chages if you think so..

rsathish

Re: Applying on 18 Feb (Requesting to check my Cover Letter)

Post by rsathish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 pm

sivaprasad_ece wrote: 2.Currently I am applying for my self only and I am not applying for my dependents, However I am planning to apply for them after 4 to 5 months. Hence I am not maintaining any funds for my dependents currently. I am maintaining the amount which is equivalent to GBP 2800 for my self in my salary savings account.
I get this from the Tier 1 guidance notes.
"Important!
To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK."

So,
1) Shouldn't you show £2,800+£1600 minimum over 3 months as you're bringing them within 12 month period?
2) Or else, bring the dependant after 12 months after your arrival?

sivaprasad_ece

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi Rsathish,

I have already submitted the application today so i have to hope for the best now.
How ever i have clearly mentioned that i am applying for only myself and also said that will apply for dependents after 4 to 5 months and
did not mention their traveling plans within 12 months.

hope i will be okey!!

Regards,
Siva

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 pm

rsathish wrote:
sivaprasad_ece wrote: 2.Currently I am applying for my self only and I am not applying for my dependents, However I am planning to apply for them after 4 to 5 months. Hence I am not maintaining any funds for my dependents currently. I am maintaining the amount which is equivalent to GBP 2800 for my self in my salary savings account.
I get this from the Tier 1 guidance notes.
"Important!
To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK."

So,
1) Shouldn't you show £2,800+£1600 minimum over 3 months as you're bringing them within 12 month period?
2) Or else, bring the dependant after 12 months after your arrival?
No, do not have to show for the deps if they are not included in the current application. GBP 1600 for each dep has to be shown , when the dependent pplications are made. Now, OP is applying only for himself so he need not show for his deps.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

sivaprasad_ece wrote:Hi Rsathish,

I have already submitted the application today so i have to hope for the best now.
How ever i have clearly mentioned that i am applying for only myself and also said that will apply for dependents after 4 to 5 months and
did not mention their traveling plans within 12 months.

hope i will be okey!!

Regards,
Siva
You are fine.. You dont have to show at present for your deps maintenence as you are aplying only for yourself. However, you need to mention the details about your deps in your form. I hope you have done that..
good luck!!