ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

husband overstayed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babygirlx
Newly Registered

husband overstayed

Post by babygirlx » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 am

My husband is overstayed by 16 months on a residence permit from Namibia, but 6 months before it expired we were married but one thing after another has led 2 us not sorting out our marital visa. i have a 4 and a half year old son that he brings up as his own plus we have a 15 week old son together. any advice on what we can do to sort out our situation wud be greatly appreciated. thanx. :D

thsths

Re: husband overstayed

Post by thsths » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 am

babygirlx wrote:My husband is overstayed by 16 months on a residence permit from Namibia, but 6 months before it expired we were married but one thing after another has led 2 us not sorting out our marital visa. i have a 4 and a half year old son that he brings up as his own plus we have a 15 week old son together. any advice on what we can do to sort out our situation wud be greatly appreciated. thanx. :D
Sorry, but my crystal ball is at the cleaner. So you need to give a bit more information - the reason for the original visa, your nationality, how you got married etc.

babygirlx
Newly Registered

Post by babygirlx » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:50 am

sorry i was in a rush writing it, his original visa was a residence permit obtained following his 1st visa which was for being a dependant on his mother who came over to the uk to work. im a british citizen. we got married 2 years ago in a CofE church while his visa was still valid for another 6 months. we have 2 children one is 4 and a half the other is 15 weeks, im currently still on maternity leave. he has been in the uk for nearly 7 years now.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 am

There are two waysto sort this;

1. Ur hubby to return home and apply for spouse visa.

2. Apply under Human rights grounds.

I am a supporter of 1. since 2. is difficult, lengthy, and has less chance of succeeding.

Under 1. while it's a pain in the arse it's done and dusted in the quickest time, via normal routes that the whole system if familar with so no surprises.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thsths

Post by thsths » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 am

babygirlx wrote:im a british citizen
Wrong forum then - European/EEA law does not apply. And as Wanderer says, the chances of an in country application succeeding any time soon are slim.