ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Technical changes of employment - Covering letter / docs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IanK

Technical changes of employment - Covering letter / docs

Post by IanK » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi All

Going for my ILR on the 27th @ Croydon , however i need to submit a Technical changes of employment , due to the fact that the company i work for was purchased in Dec/Jan.

Now , from reading all the details on the forums a TCE taken 4 weeks minimum , so it wont get done in time.

so i am going to submit it anyway , but i woudl like to take as much info as possible with me to the ILR appointment.

can anyone recommend , docs / covering letters that would assist in this matter

Currently on my list:
*covering letter explaining details of acquisition
*letter from old and new employer (note we will still be trading as old company and actually nothing changes apart from new company is now paying my salary)
*news articles of the acquisition

anything else ?

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 am

I waited for the approval letter from HO. During the interview for ILR I was asked about this change in employment fortunately I had the approval letter and I immediately produced that letter.

IanK

Post by IanK » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 am

I cant wait my Work-permit runs out on 4th April , ;-(

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:16 am

IanK wrote:I cant wait my Work-permit runs out on 4th April , ;-(
If asked was this "Technical change of Employment" approved by HO, how will you prove it?
You should have got this done earlier.

Follow up with HO and maybe tell them its approved but no letter recd yet.