ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence question - deputation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fisher

Absence question - deputation

Post by fisher » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:01 am

Hi

I have read several posts but am unclear on this rule. I am on Tier2 (Intra company transfer). I had 43 days of continous gap when i left UK and was not paid in UK rather i was paid in home country. I was not paid anything and i did not even maintain my residence in UK. I was employed with the same employer though as is with all Tier 2(ICT)?

Is this considered a break?
If no, do i need to show a letter from my company for this absence (its less than 90 days!!!)?

-fisher

fisher

Post by fisher » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Any help please? This is driving me nuts.

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 am

I dont think you need to worry here, as the length of stay outside UK is less than 90 days.
If you can get a employer letter explaining that you were sent on a company assignment - knowledge transfer,trng, etc, and show this letter ONLY if asked for. (I don't believe HO would bother to ask.)

Also is your total length of stay outside UK for 5 years, less than 180 days ?

Also when did this 43 days gap occur? in respect to your complete 5 yr timeline? If its not in the last 6 months, then that wont show up on your bank stmt/sal. slips... so no worries...