ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

date of application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cooltt_18

date of application

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying on 6th april under the new rules.

As per BHC statement "Migrants who want to apply in person should note that the date of their application is the date when they go to the public enquiry office. Applicants should consider this when they book an appointment."

Does this mean that i cannot pay the fees before 6th april?

I will be applying from India, and here we have the option of paying the fees to Standard Chartered bank in return for a demand draft which can be submitted along with the application.

cooltt_18

Re: date of application

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm

cooltt_18 wrote:Hi All,

I will be applying on 6th april under the new rules.

As per BHC statement "Migrants who want to apply in person should note that the date of their application is the date when they go to the public enquiry office. Applicants should consider this when they book an appointment."

Does this mean that i cannot pay the fees before 6th april?

I will be applying from India, and here we have the option of paying the fees to Standard Chartered bank in return for a demand draft which can be submitted along with the application.
Seniors??

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Guidance gives the following (I have a old guidance, I am sure it would not have changed)

For applications made outside the UK:
The date that the fee associated with the • application is paid and the applicant’s biometric details taken."
This should clear the doubt regarding the issue.

Thanks
Raghavendran G

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm

raghava39@rediffmail.com wrote:Guidance gives the following (I have a old guidance, I am sure it would not have changed)

For applications made outside the UK:
The date that the fee associated with the • application is paid and the applicant’s biometric details taken."
This should clear the doubt regarding the issue.

Thanks
Raghavendran G
Thanks Raghavendran.

If i were to pay the fees on eg. 25th May and submit all the documents on 6th April (so as to fall under the new rules), wouldn't my date of application be considered as 25th May?

If yes, thn will my application be considered under old rules?

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Is it 25th March or 25th May? If it 25th March, it is a tough question to answer. I do not have an answer to this. But the guidance says the date fee is Paid and biometric details taken. "and" confuses the matters. Only Seniors may be able to throw light on this

Thanks
Raghavendran G

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:40 pm

raghava39@rediffmail.com wrote:Is it 25th March or 25th May? If it 25th March, it is a tough question to answer. I do not have an answer to this. But the guidance says the date fee is Paid and biometric details taken. "and" confuses the matters. Only Seniors may be able to throw light on this

Thanks
Raghavendran G
As i mentioned earlier, we have the option of paying the fees to Standard Chartered bank (at an earlier date) in return for a demand draft which can then be submitted along with the application.

So assuming i paid the fees on 25th March, this date will be my date of application, right? And if it so, will my application (i intend to file on 6th april to take advantage of new rules) be considered under the new or old rules?

Seniors??

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm

You will have to pay the fee which holds good for the date of application. If not VFS will not accept your application. If you want to pay before the application date, contact VFS and ask for the updated fee.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 pm

cooltt_18 wrote:
raghava39@rediffmail.com wrote:Is it 25th March or 25th May? If it 25th March, it is a tough question to answer. I do not have an answer to this. But the guidance says the date fee is Paid and biometric details taken. "and" confuses the matters. Only Seniors may be able to throw light on this

Thanks
Raghavendran G
As i mentioned earlier, we have the option of paying the fees to Standard Chartered bank (at an earlier date) in return for a demand draft which can then be submitted along with the application.

So assuming i paid the fees on 25th March, this date will be my date of application, right? And if it so, will my application (i intend to file on 6th april to take advantage of new rules) be considered under the new or old rules?

This date will not be the date of application. The date of application would be the date where you paid fee and your biometrics taken. By getting the draft from standard chartered is not paying fee, submitting that draft to the VFS is the payment received date and thus, the date of application.

Seniors??

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 pm

aruni4470 wrote:You will have to pay the fee which holds good for the date of application. If not VFS will not accept your application. If you want to pay before the application date, contact VFS and ask for the updated fee.
Thanks aruni.

This means I can only pay the fees on 6th April and it wont be possible for me to apply on 6th April. Coz i will then have to use the exchange rate on 6th April to convert the maintenance funds in GBP.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
cooltt_18 wrote:

Thanks
Raghavendran G

This date will not be the date of application. The date of application would be the date where you paid fee and your biometrics taken. By getting the draft from standard chartered is not paying fee, submitting that draft to the VFS is the payment received date and thus, the date of application.

Seniors??
Great thanks. Got it now. But as i mention above, i will still not be able to apply on 6th april as i will have to wait for the exchange rate on oanda to come up. Right?

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 pm

cooltt_18 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
cooltt_18 wrote:

Thanks
Raghavendran G

Seniors??
Great thanks. Got it now. But as i mention above, i will still not be able to apply on 6th april as i will have to wait for the exchange rate on oanda to come up. Right?
Are we sure that the date of application is the one we submit our docs?

The maintenance funds calculation requires us to use the exchange rate "as on the date of application". Does this mean we have to use the exchange rate as of the day we submit our docs?

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:30 pm

cooltt_18 wrote:
cooltt_18 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
cooltt_18 wrote:

Seniors??
Are we sure that the date of application is the one we submit our docs?

The maintenance funds calculation requires us to use the exchange rate "as on the date of application". Does this mean we have to use the exchange rate as of the day we submit our docs?
Seniors??

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:34 pm

From Guidance

"Only the most recent statement must be dated within seven days of the application, for out of country applications, and one month for in-country applications."
Seven days within the date of application. (Of course my copy of Guidance is old). Please check the new guidance

Thanks
Raghavendran G

Tom1000
Newly Registered

Post by Tom1000 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:57 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... y/#header2
"For applications made outside the United Kingdom
The date of the application is the date that the fee associated with the application is paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online."

"Applicants outside the United Kingdom • seeking entry clearance must have at least £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application."
".... i) statements covering three full consecutive months: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application".

Hope that helps.