ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

successful ILR - SET(o) application at Croydon last week

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mo222
Newly Registered

successful ILR - SET(o) application at Croydon last week

Post by mo222 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi guys

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone in this forum as I found very usefull informtion while I was preparing to submit my ILR application.

I applied as a work permit holder (one employer and one work permit).

My appointment at Croydon office was on Thursdy at 2:30 PM. I arrived at 12:30 but they didn't let me in untill 30 mins before my time (I returned again 50 mins from the appointment but no way.. there is a shpping centre where you can spend your time).. No need to take your family with you, just the main applicant has to attend the appointment.

Your will need your booking reference number to start the procedures.

The security check was about just 2 mins.. but there was a queue for the reception (I had to wait about 30 mins). Then an officer took about 20 mins checking my documents and write some informations they have about me (it's basically the work permit details).

After that I was given a number and asked to go to the first floor to pay the fees.. Then I had to wait about one hour before I was called by an officer. She asked for the following documents:
- the passports of the family (current & previous)
- the employer letter
- 3 Pay slips
- 3 bank statements
- the birth certrificate of my baby (born in the UK and no any visa)
- the police registeration certificates (will be stamped to till that you no longer need to report any changes to the police but you still have to retain it).
- 2 photos for each one (they returned one photo for each)
- Life in the UK Pass certfiicates for me and my wife

The officer asked me if I had any P60 and I told her I had just one, then she said: it is ok, and she just took the pay slips and the bank statments. (I was carrying the work permit and some documents instead of p60s, like my work contracts and some bills just in case, but I didn't need any of them).

The officer took copies of my documents and checked the pay slips and bank statments carefully. This stage took about 45 mins, then was asked to wait untill I was called to take my passports with the residence permits and separates confirmation letters.

The whole proccess took about 3:15 hours.

Good luck for every :D one
Last edited by mo222 on Thu May 13, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derekldn
Newly Registered

Post by derekldn » Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 pm

congratulations!

>> No need to take your family with you, just the main applicant has to attend the appiontment

really?

mo222
Newly Registered

Post by mo222 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:20 pm

derekldn wrote:congratulations!

>> No need to take your family with you, just the main applicant has to attend the appointment

really?
Thank you

Yes. I asked the UKBA about this before booking the appointment.. Because no biometric record needed for this type of application (SET(o) - work permit).
Last edited by mo222 on Thu May 13, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Congratulations..

msdawood
Newly Registered

Post by msdawood » Tue May 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Many Congratulations.
I ahve a small query...I have lost a P60 for he year 2008..will that be a problem?

Please advice.Is there any alternative for that?

Thanks,
Sheik

mo222
Newly Registered

Post by mo222 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:20 am

Thank you Sheik
I asked the UKBA about this matter before, and they told me that if you still with the same emplyer through the five years, a letter from the employer confirming the starting date and the salary and saying that the employer is happy with your work should be fine, in addition to your current and previous passports.

From my own experience, I didn't attach any p60 with my application. The officer asked me if I had the P60s, but when I told her I had just one she took, only, the pay slips and the bank statements (3 months) with my employer's letter (one employer and one work permit). She even didn't asked for the work permit.

Good luck
Mo

mo222
Newly Registered

Post by mo222 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 am

Just I would like to publish the employer letter I used for my application.. Hope it would be useful

Date

Reference number (if the company use this)

UK Border Agency
(The Address)

Dear Sir/ Madame,
RE: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application by Mr........

This letter is to confirm that Mr.......... is currently employed in the UK as a full-time (your post).... at (company name).
Mr.... started working for our company on (date) after he was granted a work permit (if applicable.. and if you started working with the company in overseas stick the date and say when you moved to the UK).

We appreciate Mr.....'s contribution to our organisation and he is currently needed to continue working with us for the foreseeable future. His current salary is....
Should you require further information, please feel free to contract us.

Yours faithfully,

(Signature)
(Name and position)

mo222
Newly Registered

Post by mo222 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:32 pm

1664 wrote:Congratulations..
Thank you

Thetruthprevials

Post by Thetruthprevials » Mon May 17, 2010 12:55 pm

congrats well deserved

mo222