ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri May 14, 2010 7:04 pm

mad wrote: Congratulations 9jerian my friend. How long did it take ya ta get ur passport mate?
Took 5 weeks. Lost 1+ week as I had to send in another set of photographs.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

mad

Post by mad » Fri May 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Good lord 9gerian my mate. That's awfully long time. How long did they take before telling you that your photo was not right.

SureSir
Newly Registered

Long Wait

Post by SureSir » Mon May 17, 2010 9:25 am

Hi All,

This forum is useful and it is actually my first time posting. I have come to Ireland on an IT Work Permit in June 2001.

Still waiting after 3 years and 9 months.

My Timeline:
Applied: August 2006 based on 5 years residency and work permit.
Acknowledgement received: October 2006.
Further below documents requested: September 2009
1. A copy of your Notice of Assessment for last yr 2008.
2. A copy of your current Tax Clearance Certificate.
3. A copy of your current Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card.
Further documents submitted: October 2009

I have been contracting as an IT consultant since 2006 though but cannot see how that will make a difference in my waiting period. All my friends who arrived with me in 2001 and worked in the IT field have their citizenship already.

I have been phoning about every week and they just told me my application is still in processing, with the Garda, or with the Minister for approval or etc. etc. Every time it is some inconsistent reason.

Could anyone advise me how I can find out the real status of my application, if there is anything I can do to get an answer as soon as possible as the wait is killing me!

Don't panic, and just hang in there. As they say, no news is good news.
All the best.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Mon May 17, 2010 1:38 pm

mad wrote:Good lord 9gerian my mate. That's awfully long time. How long did they take before telling you that your photo was not right.
Hi Mad, i applied for passport 0n 07/05/2010 and still my application has not progressed beyond registration.Is this usual?.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Gandhai wrote:
mad wrote:Good lord 9gerian my mate. That's awfully long time. How long did they take before telling you that your photo was not right.
Hi Mad, i applied for passport 0n 07/05/2010 and still my application has not progressed beyond registration.Is this usual?.
That would appear to be the norm these days. Mine certainly took 3+ weeks before it changed to "your application is now being checked" whatever that means :roll: . Even that took another 1 week. It is the sign of the time mate. a bit like Centra - "for the way we live today" :lol: :lol:

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Gandhai wrote:
That would appear to be the norm these days. Mine certainly took 3+ weeks before it changed to "your application is now being checked" whatever that means :roll: . Even that took another 1 week. It is the sign of the time mate. a bit like Centra - "for the way we live today" :lol: :lol:
Thanks

dagga
Newly Registered

Final Stages??

Post by dagga » Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Folks

I sent a letter to DOJ to get a status update on my application last week. Yesterday I received a letter stating “application is in the Final Stages of Processing" and I was wondering if anyone has received a letter with this status.

If so does anyone know how long it takes until approval letter once at "final stages?â€

AShawna

Re: Final Stages??

Post by AShawna » Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 am

[quote="dagga"]Hi Folks

I sent a letter to DOJ to get a status update on my application last week. Yesterday I received a letter stating “application is in the Final Stages of Processing" and I was wondering if anyone has received a letter with this status.

If so does anyone know how long it takes until approval letter once at "final stages?â€
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Tue May 18, 2010 11:05 am

[quote="dagga"]Hi Folks

dagga
Newly Registered

Post by dagga » Tue May 18, 2010 11:24 am

[quote="AShawna"][quote="dagga"]Hi Folks

dagga
Newly Registered

Post by dagga » Tue May 18, 2010 11:30 am

[quote="asrpb"][quote="dagga"]Hi Folks

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Fri May 21, 2010 2:23 pm

[quote="dagga"][quote="asrpb"][quote="dagga"]Hi Folks

mad

Post by mad » Fri May 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi! Gandhai,

Any movement on the passport front? Any news? What is the status of your application? Has your status moved beyond the registration phase?

Kind regards,

Mad

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri May 21, 2010 8:29 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Gandhai wrote:
Hi 9J did it said approved after 4 weeks? then another question, can I collect it myself. I applied through passport express.

thanks buddy
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

mad

Post by mad » Fri May 21, 2010 10:25 pm

smalltime wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
Gandhai wrote:
Hi 9J did it said approved after 4 weeks? then another question, can I collect it myself. I applied through passport express.

Hi! Smalltime,

when did you apply for the passport and what is your status my
mate? Where is your application at?

Kind regards,

mad

thanks buddy

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

smalltime wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
Gandhai wrote:

thanks buddy
Took 5 weeks mate would prob'ly have taken 4 weeks but for the photograph issue. Not sure you can collect it personally if you send it in by passport express but you can ring them up and make inquiry.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Sat May 22, 2010 7:04 am

9jeirean wrote:
smalltime wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
Gandhai wrote:

thanks buddy
Took 5 weeks mate would prob'ly have taken 4 weeks but for the photograph issue. Not sure you can collect it personally if you send it in by passport express but you can ring them up and make inquiry.
Hi 9J I mean on the tracking on the website when you check it did it say " application approved" after you sent the correct picture.
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

mad

Post by mad » Thu May 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Got my passport today. I had applied on the 17th so received it within 17 days of applying.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm

mad wrote:Got my passport today. I had applied on the 17th so received it within 17 days of applying.
congratulations, but it is 10 days.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm

mad wrote:Got my passport today. I had applied on the 17th so received it within 17 days of applying.
Mad, you are really mad. this should be 10 days....now move to the UK.

This is probably, the only document you'll be seeing for a month, everyday...it is like a desease....:)-

You have probably looked at your passport 100 times today...am I wrong ?

Nana

mad

Post by mad » Thu May 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Gandhai and Nana,

I am sorry I use this website on my idiot-phone and the tiny screen hampers typing :) I meant I applied for a passport on the 10th of may and received it today on the 27th.

@ Nanette. Yes I checked it atleast 10 times :). I have been waiting for it for 12 years :). I am going to put it to use immediately. Will be flying to Manchester tomorrow to present my credentials to my registration body. Once they approve Ill be able to start work on 1st of July, 2010. I already have a job sorted by now. Just needed this last bit sorted. Wish me luck guys.

By the way ye all are simply amazing. Good luck
ye all. Gandhai did you get your passport yet?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 27, 2010 9:53 pm

mad wrote:Gandhai and Nana,

I am sorry I use this website on my idiot-phone and the tiny screen hampers typing :) I meant I applied for a passport on the 10th of may and received it today on the 27th.

@ Nanette. Yes I checked it atleast 10 times :). I have been waiting for it for 12 years :). I am going to put it to use immediately. Will be flying to Manchester tomorrow to present my credentials to my registration body. Once they approve Ill be able to start work on 1st of July, 2010. I already have a job sorted by now. Just needed this last bit sorted. Wish me luck guys.

Not so fast mad. Where's my pint of Guinness? :wink: I am happy for you mate. Glad to see you have your job sorted out. Am sure all your Irish experience will come in handy and hey......good luck with the board registration. As i said, we'll be looking forward to your return back to the Emerald Isle as soon as situation improves. It's been nice knowing you mate.

Stay blessed.

9j

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 pm

9jeirean wrote:

Not so fast mad. Where's my pint of Guinness? :wink: I am happy for you mate. Glad to see you have your job sorted out. Am sure all your Irish experience will come in handy and hey......good luck with the board registration. As i said, we'll be looking forward to your return back to the Emerald Isle as soon as situation improves. It's been nice knowing you mate.

Stay blessed.

9j

@9jeirean,
How was the UK ? have you gone already ? tell us more.
@mad, please update us how you get on in Manchester.

Nana

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri May 28, 2010 1:49 pm

nanette wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

Stay blessed.

9j

@9jeirean,
How was the UK ? have you gone already ? tell us more.
@mad, please update us how you get on in Manchester.

Nana
Will send you a pm Nanette. Cheers

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Folks,

Does anyway know what is timeframe for getting naturalisation approval for spouses of Irish citizens (naturalised). I applied for my wife last year (Sept.09) and wondering whether her application will be in the same queue of regular applications and will it be fasttracked.

Also, what documents, I will be asked furnished once her application comes for review.

Regards