ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question in Filling British Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ngkumar
Newly Registered

Question in Filling British Passport Application

Post by ngkumar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi,

I am from india and my parents got indian passport. I am about to apply for the British Passport and got a question.

As my parents are still indians should I give my grand parents details as well

Cheers

krimith

Re: Question in Filling British Passport Application

Post by krimith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 pm

ngkumar wrote:Hi,

I am from india and my parents got indian passport. I am about to apply for the British Passport and got a question.

Cheers
why you dont want to give your parents detail ?,So what your parents got indian passport, in form they ask where your parents born and now which nationality also your born time which nationality got your parents

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Cheers
You are asked to fill the details of your parents not your grand parents. This information is required to check whether you are already british through your parents. Your parents could be any nationality and it doesn't matter.

krimith

Post by krimith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:37 pm

senthil78 wrote:

Cheers
You are asked to fill the details of your parents not your grand parents. This information is required to check whether you are already british through your parents. Your parents could be any nationality and it doesn't matter.
By the way how you get british citizen or ILR for example workpermit or hsmp, this kind of anything so you can fill detail what i advise you other wise you give some more detail how you get ILR and BC
Yes any nationality parents detail you can write,just write name which country,city birth and parents birthdate and your born time parents nationality thats it no problem if your parents are indian nationality, I am sure about this bec i got two children and birthtime our nationality was indian now we are BC so no problem