ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Same Day visa got done :) - My Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

saisundeep

Tier 1 Same Day visa got done :) - My Experience

Post by saisundeep » Mon May 17, 2010 9:22 am

Firstly I would to say many many thanks to everyone especially to SushdMehta for helping me out for every single litter query.

Now I will share my experience which could be useful for anyone who is going to use the same day service or appearing in person.

Appointment date: 14/05/2010
Time: 09:00 am
Center: Sheffield

- I reached there about 8:00 am, door opened at 8.30 am.
- I went through Security Check where I had to remove my belt, watch and everything I had in my pocket, also they asked me to remove mobile battery.
- After security check I went to the reception where I showed appointment booking and collected a token
- Waited until my token number called by Visa officer.
- Visa officer asked for all the supporting document along with the Tier1 forms, he did a quick check and then directed me to the payment desk counter.
- Payment Desk officer asked for the documents along with token number and then I made the payment, he kept all the documents and instructed me to wait until i called.
- I Waited around 30-35 mins then Visa officer called my name and told me he is considering my case and everything looks ok to him, he asked me to wait for another 30 mins.
- Visa officer called my name again after 30 mins and asked couple of questions then he said he is ok issuing my tier 1 visa and returned all the supporting docs to me.
- After 15-20 mins reception called my token number and handed me passports
- I was out of the visa center at 11:00 am :)

All the officers were extremely good and very polite and very friendly.
Complete procedure took around 2 hours.

My wife she didn't join me but I submitted form on behalf of her (I just took her authorization letter)

If anyone has any question please let me know.
This forum rocks i will recommend it to my friends as well.

Thanks again.
Sai

Devanshi
Newly Registered

Same day Visa

Post by Devanshi » Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 am

Sai,

Thanks for informative post. I have few queires

1. How long does it take to get the appointment for same day visa. Can we get appointment in a week's time if we don't go through solicitor?

2. If I show indian salary slips & bank statements, is it likely that they will delay the decision for requirement of verification?

Awaiting your response.

saisundeep

Re: Same day Visa

Post by saisundeep » Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 am

Devanshi wrote:Sai,

Thanks for informative post. I have few queires

1. How long does it take to get the appointment for same day visa. Can we get appointment in a week's time if we don't go through solicitor?

2. If I show indian salary slips & bank statements, is it likely that they will delay the decision for requirement of verification?

Awaiting your response.
1. Honestly speaking it really depends, you can book it online you just need to keep looking for free dates in all the centers or else you can ring them directly and ask for the next available dates ( ring exactly at 9.00 am in the morning)
2. doesn't matter if you have indian salary or bank statements as long as you are scoring the points and all the documents are valid they can't reject your application.

once you have booked the dates let me know i can help you with documentation etc...

AP_Tier1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Same Day visa got done :) - My Experience

Post by AP_Tier1 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

Congrats!

Could you please share what kind of question Visa officer asked and how
many.
saisundeep wrote:Firstly I would to say many many thanks to everyone especially to SushdMehta for helping me out for every single litter query.

Now I will share my experience which could be useful for anyone who is going to use the same day service or appearing in person.

- I went through Security Check where I had to remove my belt, watch and everything I had in my pocket, also they asked me to remove mobile battery.
- After security check I went to the reception where I showed appointment booking and collected a token
- Visa officer asked for all the supporting document along with the Tier1 forms, he did a quick check and then directed me to the payment desk counter.
- Payment Desk officer asked for the documents along with token number and then I made the payment, he kept all the documents and instructed me to wait until i called.
- I Waited around 30-35 mins then Visa officer called my name and told me he is considering my case and everything looks ok to him, he asked me to wait for another 30 mins.
- Visa officer called my name again after 30 mins and asked couple of questions then he said he is ok issuing my tier 1 visa and returned all the supporting docs to me.

My wife she didn't join me but I submitted form on behalf of her (I just took her authorization letter)

Thanks again.
Sai

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Mon May 17, 2010 11:45 am

AP_Tier1 wrote:Congrats!

Could you please share what kind of question Visa officer asked and how
many.
saisundeep wrote:Firstly I would to say many many thanks to everyone especially to SushdMehta for helping me out for every single litter query.

Thanks again.
Sai
Here is the conversation :
VO: why i am applying for Tier1 when i am on Tier2 and my visa is valid until 2012 if i apply for tier 1 then i will be short of 6 months.
Me: I would like to be an independent and want to switch to contracting job,anyway tier1 is better then tier2
VO: will my company have any objection if i leave my job while remaining in uk
Me: no they won't, unless i handover everything to the new person.
VO: why i am not applying for my baby's visa at the same time.
Me: my baby is new born and will apply for his visa from India, moreover when i booked this appointment until then we didn't receive his passport so couldn't book him with us.

greakgn
Newly Registered

I am unable to find information on same day service??

Post by greakgn » Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 pm

I am a dependent on tier4( study visa) and applying around mid of June.
Can you tell me if you went through any agent or if you can direct me to the link on ukborder website.

I see the option to apply in person (fee around 11oo GBP) but it does not explain if you get visa the same day.

There is a super premium service for 15000 that was something else like biometric at home and appointment when you want.

please advice
thanks
gaurav

ashvar123

Need help

Post by ashvar123 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Sai Sundeep,

Thanks for the informative post..I believe I share the same case as yours..

I am on Tier 2 valid till 2012 Feb, and also wanted to apply for Tier 1 personally, can you please let me know what should be the content on the authorization letter from wife if she cannot accompany me for Visa interview..?

Also do we need to give the biometrics for T1..?

Regards,
Ashok

saisundeep

Re: Need help

Post by saisundeep » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:41 am

ashvar123 wrote:Hi Sai Sundeep,

Thanks for the informative post..I believe I share the same case as yours..

I am on Tier 2 valid till 2012 Feb, and also wanted to apply for Tier 1 personally, can you please let me know what should be the content on the authorization letter from wife if she cannot accompany me for Visa interview..?

Also do we need to give the biometrics for T1..?

Regards,
Ashok
Hi Ashok,

Sorry for late reply actually i was on holiday.
Well you just need an authorisation letter from your wife here is a sample:

Dated: XX-May-2010

To,

The Immigration Officer
UK Boarder Agency Tier1
Sheffield

Sub: Authorization letter to submit Tier1 Dependent Application and Passport.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, XXXXX (Please note my maiden name has been changed to married name, please see observation on my passport at page 3), hearby authorize my spouse XXXXX, Passport# XXXXX to submit my Tier1 (General) – dependent application form along with my passport # XXXXX to UK home office -Sheffield on my behalf. I would like to apologize for not appearing in person due to my small baby. Should you have any query please contact me on: XXXXX or XXXXX
Email: XXXXX

Thanks and Regards,

XXXXX

* You need not to be appeared for biomatric tests at all.

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 am

Hi Sai,

I have a few questions reg the bank statement and pay slips

1) Did you get your paysli;ps signed and stamped form ur employer? were they uk payslips and if so do employers in uk stamp the payslips?

2) Did you also get your banks statements stamped and signed?

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 am

maheshrvce wrote:Hi Sai,

I have a few questions reg the bank statement and pay slips

1) Did you get your paysli;ps signed and stamped form ur employer? were they uk payslips and if so do employers in uk stamp the payslips?
2) Did you also get your banks statements stamped and signed?
1) If salary slips are not original in that case you need to get it signed and stamped, in my case i do get salary slips online so i got them stamped and signed

2) it really depends on your bank, my bank is hsbc and they don't stamp or sign on any of the bank statement its their global policy so i just asked them to print on their letter head but try to get oringal bank statement which you can order

advain
Newly Registered

Post by advain » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Sai,

How many years visa you received as part of Tier1 ? ( 2 yrs or 3 yrs ?)

- Venkat

Thanks again.
Sai

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 am

advain wrote:Hi Sai,

How many years visa you received as part of Tier1 ? ( 2 yrs or 3 yrs ?)

- Venkat

Thanks again.
Sai
2 yrs

ashvar123

Need cover letter formars you have used

Post by ashvar123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 am

Hai Sai,

I got a slot booked on June 24 for morning slot for applying in person for myself and my wife as dependant.

Not sure how to send a private message, but can I ask the letter formats and the order in which you have submitted(including the dependants VISA application and required document proofs).

THis will be very helpful to me..
- Ashvar

saisundeep

Re: Need cover letter formars you have used

Post by saisundeep » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:36 am

ashvar123 wrote:Hai Sai,

I got a slot booked on June 24 for morning slot for applying in person for myself and my wife as dependant.

Not sure how to send a private message, but can I ask the letter formats and the order in which you have submitted(including the dependants VISA application and required document proofs).

THis will be very helpful to me..
Hi Ashok,
cover letter format you can get from this forum just search for 'Tier 1 cover letter' and dependant authorization letter i have copied below, you can put your docs in any order,if they have any query they will call and ask you, for denpendant proofs docs are pretty straight forward:-
1. Marrige Certificate
2. dependant passport
3. photographs ( name at the back)
4. dependant autho letter in case if she is not joining you.

let me know if you any questions.

Dated: 13-May-2010

To,

The Immigration Officer
UK Boarder Agency Tier1
Sheffield

Sub: Authorization letter to submit Tier1 Dependent Application and Passport.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, XXXXX (Please note my maiden name has been changed to married name, please see observation on my passport at page 3), hearby authorize my spouse Mr XXXXX, Passport# XXXXX to submit my Tier1 (General) – dependent application form along with my passport # XXXXX to UK home office -Sheffield on my behalf. I would like to apologize for not appearing in person due to my small baby. Should you have any query please contact me on: XXXXX or XXXXX Email: XXXXX @yahoo.com

Thanks and Regards,

XXXXX

ashvar123

Thank You Sai

Post by ashvar123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi Sai,

Thanks for that, I saw some cover letters but most them are not appropriate, I am check the for most latest letters, preferbly applications with dependant application as well.

If you can share the main cover letter, thta would be great, my id is ashvar123@yahoo.com
- Ashvar

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Please advice the list of documents required in interview.

Post by ankushtyagi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi,
I have an appointment scheduled for 19th July at the same place. Could you let me know the documents required besides the ones listed below

1. Passport
2. Bank statement for Maintenance Funds (3 months)
3. Payslips and Bank statements for Previous earnings
4. IELTS certificate for english laugauge
5. Graduation degree and Marksheet for qualifications
6. Cover letter
7. Appointment printout.

Any other documents required. I am only applying for myself.

Thanks,
Ankush

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience Sundeep, I also have a face to face appointment next week and could only get the minimal documentation ready, may I request you to have a look at my case and suggest if this looks fine to you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58476

Would be a great help.

Many Thanks,
Ashwin

sam_tier1
Newly Registered

few queries

Post by sam_tier1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi Sundeep,
Thanks for the informative post.
I am having my Tier-1 same day application date on July 14th at the Sheffield Office, so found it very helpful.
However have a few queries on filling up my application form, for which I could find no definitive answers on any of the threads. Since your case seemed pretty similar to mine (switching from Tier-2 ICT to Tier-1), thought if you could resolve some of them.

1. page 11; B10: Home Office Reference Number
2. Page 11; B11: Worker Reference Number under work permit arrangement
3. Page 11; B13: PBS Migrant Reference Number

Can you please let me know which numbers to use for these and where can I find them on my Visa page/ Sponsorship Letter.

Many Thanks,
Sam

saisundeep

Re: few queries

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:18 am

sam_tier1 wrote:Hi Sundeep,
Thanks for the informative post.
I am having my Tier-1 same day application date on July 14th at the Sheffield Office, so found it very helpful.
However have a few queries on filling up my application form, for which I could find no definitive answers on any of the threads. Since your case seemed pretty similar to mine (switching from Tier-2 ICT to Tier-1), thought if you could resolve some of them.

1. page 11; B10: Home Office Reference Number
2. Page 11; B11: Worker Reference Number under work permit arrangement
3. Page 11; B13: PBS Migrant Reference Number

Can you please let me know which numbers to use for these and where can I find them on my Visa page/ Sponsorship Letter.

Many Thanks,
Sam
1. This should be in your passport on latest visa page (upper right) starting from UK12.....
2. This should be in your work permit document ( Upper right), if not just leave it blank
3. PBS number - if your tier2 visa was done on point based system
it should be in your passport where it states (T2SW Intra Com Tran) Migrant C2I.....
let me know if you have any more questions

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 am

Ashwin G wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience Sundeep, I also have a face to face appointment next week and could only get the minimal documentation ready, may I request you to have a look at my case and suggest if this looks fine to you.

Would be a great help.

Many Thanks,
Ashwin
1. According to me employer letter is must doc,just get a To Whomsoever letter stating that you are employed there since when and whats your disignation.. that's it... so you dont have to tell them you need letter for hsmp
2. attested salary slips are fine
3. NARIC certificate is not imp since your university is listed down in pbs cal and you have letter from my college director

saisundeep

Re: Please advice the list of documents required in intervie

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 am

ankushtyagi wrote:Hi,
I have an appointment scheduled for 19th July at the same place. Could you let me know the documents required besides the ones listed below

1. Passport
6. Cover letter
7. Appointment printout.

Thanks,
Ankush
1. Payslips and bank stat for prev earnings should be for last 1 yr ( bank stat should be original if not then get stat on bank letter head get a stamp)
2. Employer letter?? you need one employer letter as well, just stating your designation and when you have joined the company

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 am

1. Passport
6. Cover letter
7. Appointment printout.

Thanks,
Ankush
1. Payslips and bank stat for prev earnings should be for last 1 yr ( bank stat should be original if not then get stat on bank letter head get a stamp)
2. Employer letter?? you need one employer letter as well, just stating your designation and when you have joined the company

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 am

saisundeep wrote:

1. Passport
6. Cover letter
7. Appointment printout.

Thanks,
Ankush
Employer letter is not mandatory. Although having one will be good.

saisundeep

Re: Thank You Sai

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:32 am

ashvar123 wrote:Hi Sai,

Thanks for that, I saw some cover letters but most them are not appropriate, I am check the for most latest letters, preferbly applications with dependant application as well.

If you can share the main cover letter, thta would be great, my id is ashvar123@yahoo.com
I can email you cover letter but i don't have filled dep application form.
you can ask me if you have any doubts when you fill form.

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 am

saisundeep wrote:
Ashwin G wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience Sundeep, I also have a face to face appointment next week and could only get the minimal documentation ready, may I request you to have a look at my case and suggest if this looks fine to you.

Would be a great help.

Many Thanks,
Ashwin
1. According to me employer letter is must doc,just get a To Whomsoever letter stating that you are employed there since when and whats your disignation.. that's it... so you dont have to tell them you need letter for hsmp
2. attested salary slips are fine
3. NARIC certificate is not imp since your university is listed down in pbs cal and you have letter from my college director

Many Thanks Sundeep,
My problem is that my company issues the generic "whomsoever it may concern" letters as e-letters only for the actual letter head letters They are asking for counsulate name and the moment I tell them UKBA, I could be in trouble. (I can only say some European consulate or UK Counsulate in India) and the letter would be addressed to them

but is being employed really a requirement for tier 1.

Bit confused so would really value your advice.

Regards,
Ashwin
Last edited by Ashwin G on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.