ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dee74
Newly Registered

Post by dee74 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I couldn't stop myself from giving them a call. A lovely girls said that decision was made on the 14th, letter was dispatched to me (she mentioned about curier!?!) and I should expect it either today or tomorrow.
Here I am so far:

NCS or Postal: NCS Hendon
Date of submission: 19/05/10
Home office received application: 20/05/10
Criteria: 6 Years EEA
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 21/05/10
Date of receipt of approval: waiting for Mr Postman

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:00 pm

londonman88 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Ealing (by appointment)
Date of submission or posting : 14/05/2010
CRITERIA - : 5 years on WP + 1 yr ILR (self, wife and daughter)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 19/05/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 24/05/10
Date of receipt of approval : 18/06/10 approval dated 14/06/10
Date of receipt of invitations : pending
Date of Ceremony : pending
Date of appln. for passport : pending
Method used : pending
Date of Receipt : pending

Thank God, God is faithful, we got our approval today. I have lived in the UK for 10yrs and i have finally got the approval, all my workmates got theirs 4yrs ago. But God always has a plan, so if you are still waiting for your approval keep trusting in Him who sees and knows what goes on in the HO office in Liverpool.
Thanks for all the the advice and encouragement given on this forum. WOW!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

congratulation mate all the best ...we have the same time line ..i applied the 14th and HO received it the 17th ... so Incha Allah i will receive it tomorrow or next week mine ...wish for me ...good luck with the rest

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:01 pm

dee74 wrote:I couldn't stop myself from giving them a call. A lovely girls said that decision was made on the 14th, letter was dispatched to me (she mentioned about curier!?!) and I should expect it either today or tomorrow.
Here I am so far:

NCS or Postal: NCS Hendon
Date of submission: 19/05/10
Home office received application: 20/05/10
Criteria: 6 Years EEA
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 21/05/10
Date of receipt of approval: waiting for Mr Postman
hope u gona get it soon mate ..all the best ...i applied the 14th ..well 17th with the weekend in between ...i hope m gona get good news tomorrow inchalah

albanian
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by albanian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:11 pm

[quote="albanian"]Date of submission : 19 April 2010 (solicitor)
Received at HO: 20 April 2010
CRITERIA - 9 years residence + 1 year ILR (legacy case)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 21 April 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 27 April 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 18 June 2010 (dated 15 June)
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. for passport: pending

I received a call from my solicitor today and I collected the aproval letter and the original documents I sent with my application.

Good luck to all of you waiting an hope you hear the great new soon

londonman88
Newly Registered

Post by londonman88 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:14 pm

joelondon wrote:
londonman88 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Ealing (by appointment)
Date of submission or posting : 14/05/2010
CRITERIA - : 5 years on WP + 1 yr ILR (self, wife and daughter)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 19/05/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 24/05/10
Date of receipt of approval : 18/06/10 approval dated 14/06/10
Date of receipt of invitations : pending
Date of Ceremony : pending
Date of appln. for passport : pending
Method used : pending
Date of Receipt : pending

Thank God, God is faithful, we got our approval today. I have lived in the UK for 10yrs and i have finally got the approval, all my workmates got theirs 4yrs ago. But God always has a plan, so if you are still waiting for your approval keep trusting in Him who sees and knows what goes on in the HO office in Liverpool.
Thanks for all the the advice and encouragement given on this forum. WOW!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

congratulation mate all the best ...we have the same time line ..i applied the 14th and HO received it the 17th ... so Incha Allah i will receive it tomorrow or next week mine ...wish for me ...good luck with the rest
@joelondon,
thanks man, just have faith, I did not call HO at all, cause I have learnt in life that God's time is always best, so no worries :)

joelondon
Member of Standing

D

Post by joelondon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Deleted
Last edited by joelondon on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edinburgh

Post by edinburgh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:05 pm

deleted
Last edited by edinburgh on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:11 pm

edinburgh wrote:
joelondon wrote:
londonman88 wrote:
joelondon wrote:

@joelondon,
thanks man, just have faith, I did not call HO at all, cause I have learnt in life that God's time is always best, so no worries :)

by the way how does the envelope looks like ...??? and what colour is plz ...
oh joelondon, come on! you'll be fine. patience, man!

it's a b5 white envelope with a window. there's a pre-printed 2nd class postage paid stamp on it. at the back, po box 306, l2 0qn written on it.
haha ;) thanks mate ...you know the feelings ....i cant wait to get this letter soner or later ...with of course god wills ....i wish i will receive it tomorrow ..as there is post tomorrow ...lets hope and see !!!

fearless2711

Re: hi

Post by fearless2711 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:29 pm

albanian wrote:
albanian wrote:Date of submission : 19 April 2010 (solicitor)
Received at HO: 20 April 2010
CRITERIA - 9 years residence + 1 year ILR (legacy case)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 21 April 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 27 April 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 18 June 2010 (dated 15 June)
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. for passport: pending

I received a call from my solicitor today and I collected the aproval letter and the original documents I sent with my application.

Good luck to all of you waiting an hope you hear the great new soon
Congrats man :) enjoy. I have submitted on same date but via NCS, I am still w8, hope is there, all will be good inshallahtala.

ziqbal_2000

Re: timeline

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 am

shekel wrote:NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission : 19/3/2010
Received at HO: 22/03/10
CRITERIA - 6 YR HSMP + 1 YR ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 24/3/2010
Payment refused, and resubmitted: 7/4/2010
Requested more documents, submitted more documents: 1/6/2010
Date of receipt of approval by DX-secure: 17/6/2010 (decision made 14/6/2010)
Congratulation Shekel, happy for u

shekel

Post by shekel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:28 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
ziqbal thanks man! how is it going with your passport application? if you submit via check and send, do u need a referee to sign for you?

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 am

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
ziqbal thanks man! how is it going with your passport application? if you submit via check and send, do u need a referee to sign for you?
If you apply via check and send... you will still need a referee to sign your form.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:43 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 04/05/10
Home office received application: 10/05/10 (Due to admin error at NCS) :roll:
Criteria: LR + 22 months ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 13/05/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15/05/10 dated 13/05/10
Date of receipt of approval: 18/06/10. Approval letter (Dated 09/06/10)

Date of receipt of invitation letter for ceremony: Yet to make an appointment
Date of Ceremony:
Date of app for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

All the best to you guys all waiting and hang in there it will arrive.
Praise The Lord!!!!

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:12 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
Yes Shekel, you need a referee even you apply through check and send. I applied passports on Wednesday and also naturalisation of my wife as well.

Another wait starts now ..........

We have a plan to visit Italy by the end of August ..... so figures crossed to get everything sorted before that

shekel

Post by shekel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:44 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
Yes Shekel, you need a referee even you apply through check and send. I applied passports on Wednesday and also naturalisation of my wife as well.

We have a plan to visit Italy by the end of August ..... so figures crossed to get everything sorted before that
You have a lot of time till end of August, you will surely get your wife's passport by then!

As for check&send - what is the process? You go to the post, get the forms, get is signed and then check & send it? Do you need to send your current original passport, or driving license will do?

Cheers!
Last edited by shekel on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Any news anyone !!!!

fearless2711

No

Post by fearless2711 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:47 am

joelondon wrote:Any news anyone !!!!
No News mate, still w8 :?:

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 am

shekel wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:

You have a lot of time till end of August, you will surely get your wife's passport by then!

As for check&send - what is the process? You go to the post, get the forms, get is signed and then check & send it? Do you need to send your current original passport, or driving license will do?

Cheers!
You need to send your passports. Another thing you will need detail of your grand parents (birthday, marriage date) from both sides (father and mother)

Just fill in the form and take naturalisation certificate and passports to post office and they will do the rest

shekel

Post by shekel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:

Cheers!
You need to send your passports. Another thing you will need detail of your grand parents (birthday, marriage date) from both sides (father and mother)

Just fill in the form and take naturalisation certificate and passports to post office and they will do the rest
But how can i make the referee sign? I go to postoffice, take the form, go to referee to sign, then go back? Also if I send my passports i cant travel... Copies will not do I guess?

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:06 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
shekel wrote:

Cheers!

But how can i make the referee sign? I go to postoffice, take the form, go to referee to sign, then go back? Also if I send my passports i cant travel... Copies will not do I guess?
First take the passport form from the post office and fill it. Then give it to your referee to sign. Send it back to the post office with your naturalisation certificate, original passport and fees of course. You will need 2 photographs; only one should be endorsed by the referee. At the post office you can pay for secure delivery so that your items are returned to you quickly and securely. They do not accept photocopies of passport and naturalisation certificate. It only takes about 2weeks for them to return your original documents.

haych10

Post by haych10 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi guys,

hope someone can help me.

My husband just got his ILR and we will be applying for his British passport in 1 yrs time. Does he have to be working in order to apply for citizenship.

Do the home office assess your income too before the british passport is issued.

shekel

Post by shekel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:03 pm

haych10 wrote:Hi guys,

My husband just got his ILR and we will be applying for his British passport in 1 yrs time. Does he have to be working in order to apply for citizenship.

Do the home office assess your income too before the british passport is issued.
Working is not part of the requirements for naturalization. He has though to comply with rest of the requirements:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

shekel

Post by shekel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:04 pm

nyameye wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:

Cheers!

First take the passport form from the post office and fill it. Then give it to your referee to sign. Send it back to the post office with your naturalisation certificate, original passport and fees of course. You will need 2 photographs; only one should be endorsed by the referee. At the post office you can pay for secure delivery so that your items are returned to you quickly and securely. They do not accept photocopies of passport and naturalisation certificate. It only takes about 2weeks for them to return your original documents.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:15 am

haych10 wrote:Hi guys,

As Shekel said, working is not requirement for naturalisation. I applied naturalisation for my wife last week, she never worked.

fearless2711

Any News

Post by fearless2711 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 am

Hi All,

Any news today.

9 weeks passed no news yet, Trying not to call HO. :(

Regards,