ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Harpz wrote:Ok, Here goes:

You have applied for an entry clearance to join your sponsor in the united kingdom for settlement. I have considered your application under paragraph 281 of the united kingdom immigration rules. Furthermore the circumstances your application has led me to consider your application under paragraph 320 (11) of the rules.

"As evidence of your marriage to the sponsor you have provided a marriage certificate. This certificate shows that you both were previously unmarried. However, as stated in your visa application form and an additional endorsement on your marriage certificate shows that you were both previously married and divorced. I am aware in India, marriage certificates differ in format from state to state. The documents and any additional endorsements cannot be easily verified. Therefore we mostly rely on supporting documents such as divorce certificates. I note that you both have not provided any divorce certificates. I am therefore not satisfied that you have contracted a legal marriage. I am therfore not satisfied that you are not married to a person who is present and settled in the united kingdom. (Paragraph 281 (i) of HC 395 as amended)

On 27th April 2005 you were granted entry clearance as a visitor valid until 27th October 2005. You travelled to the UK with your previous spouse on 7th May 2005. I note that you have returned to India only on 15th January 2010. You were in breach of your previous leave granted to you . I am satisfied that this conduct is consistent with that described in entry clearance guidance chapter 26. 18 (link to chapter that does not work) as having contrived in a significant way to frustrate the itentions of immigration rules.

Your application therfore one that, according to paragraph 320 (11) of the immigration rules, should normally be refused. I have considered the circumstances of your application as a person as a person who is present and settled in the UK. However, on balance I am not satisfied that your particular circumstances are of a sufficently compelling nature to justify my granting your application, having regard to the fact that it should normally be refused.

I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you meet all the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the immigration rules.

Ok, Batleykhan. When we registered the marriage we stupidly ticked we were unmarried at the time of marriage instead of divorced. When we showed our solicitor he said no you have to get that amended to that you were both divorced so we went back to the court and had to give statements and get them attested and get the certificate amended. We got the marriage certificate endorsed and signed by the Judge. We then waited a week so their systems were updated with the amendment. Once it was and were given 100% guarantee from the court that system has been updated we then submitted our application so if they needed to verify the endorsement they could.

We DID submit both our divorce certificates.

This is why I think they wanted to refuse because of his past immigration history and used an excuse to do so.

What do you think Batleykhan?
OK having read your comments, your matter is a complicated one.

The complication is a result of your naeivity not to give the correct information on the application.

Had you done this you would have only been refused under S: 281, which with a bit of help can be rectified easily .

However the ECO did not look at this way. He is of the opinion that you have not only blatantly lied about your divorce, but having dug deep into your husbands past applications, he has noticed that whilst ona visitors visa, your husband absconded and thus illegally overstayed 4-5 years.

He has combined both these factors and thuus refused your husband under S:320 (11)therefore making it very very difficult for your husband to get any visa at all.
This is what S:20 (11) states

(11) where the applicant has previously contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of these Rules. Guidance will be published giving examples of circumstances in which an applicant who has previously overstayed, breached a condition attached to his leave, been an Illegal Entrant or used Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not) is likely to be considered as having contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of these Rules.
In a way you can say that ,yes the ECO has solely refused your husband on his past record of overstaying and not telling the truth.

You can still appeal against the decision and yes there is a possibility that on appeal the decision maybe overturned and your husband will eventually get a visa, but just like he has frustrated the ECO, the boot is now on the other foot.

You need to seek proper and profesional advice from a good solicitor on this because of its complexity.

The only way to overturnthe decsion is to appeal and pary and hope the judge agreed with you.

Good luck as you will certainly need it.

Harpz

Post by Harpz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:16 pm

But he should be exempt from this rule due to him being married to a uk citizen but the ECO just fobbed that off and said he has not married a uk citizen.

Also we did not lie as we wrote in the application form that we r both divorced and the marriage certificate states this so how have we lied...

Its all there in black and white. The ECO said you have not submitted your divorce papers. He just wanted to refuse n even my solicitor has stated that the ECO has refused it on a very stupid point - no divorce certificates.

Hey Jdhuphar, any news?
17/03/10: Application Submitted (Delhi)
12/06/10: Application Delivered and Refused
09/07/10: Appeal & Review Lodged
23/07/10: Pending Appeal Notice Received dated 02/12/10
06/01/11: Appeal Hearing and allowed on 17/1/11

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Harpz

No news yet. hopefully soon. will be 10 weeks tmr.

have you spoken to your sol.

As you say you submitted the docs regardless of the error initially on the marriage cert if you provided the divorce papers this shows that you did not lie as the eco is assuming.

I had a similar situation on a visit visa for family member. the eco refused to accept a affidavit completed in india and said these were cheaply and readily available in india so could not be taken as evidence. but on appeal we won and the judge stated that the eco should have accepted the affidavit. so don't take what is said in the refusal as gospal.
Application submitted - 13/04/10
Under process at BHC - New Delhi - 19/04/10
Medical Envelope inTransit - 25/06/10
Medical Envelope Collected on - 28/06/10
Visa App Under Process At BHC - 07/07/10
Visa received - 08/07/10

Harpz

Post by Harpz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Hey,

Good Luck, Fingers Crossed for ya.

I know, I do not believe that we lied everything was written on paper. The judge also signed and stated both parties are divorced so I still stand by my intial reaction that they only refused due to his past history. Even when we gave proof of divorce certficates he just blindly ignored them.

My solicitor is working on the appeal and to be honest he is kinda pissed with them and his words were "What a stupid point to refuse a visa on"

He has told me not to worry. I am not worried.

Im gna get my hubby here and thats final.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Harpz wrote:Hey,

Good Luck, Fingers Crossed for ya.

I know, I do not believe that we lied everything was written on paper. The judge also signed and stated both parties are divorced so I still stand by my intial reaction that they only refused due to his past history. Even when we gave proof of divorce certficates he just blindly ignored them.

My solicitor is working on the appeal and to be honest he is kinda pissed with them and his words were "What a stupid point to refuse a visa on"

He has told me not to worry. I am not worried.

Im gna get my hubby here and thats final.
Keep believing i'm sure one way or another you will manage to get your hubby over.

Your solicitor sounds confident and capable so im sure he knows what he is doing.

good luck and keep me updated how thing go.
Visa received - 08/07/10

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Your passport is ready for collection please visa the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same does this mean we have got visa

ahibas
Newly Registered

Post by ahibas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm

I am the happiest girl in the world today, my husband got his visa :)

We applied in Mumbai North on 20th April 2010 and he got the text yesterday that his passport was ready. The worst bit was the waiting, because they don't actually say if the visa has been granted or not! He went to pick it up today and the visa had been granted.

I haven't posted much but all the discussions and advice on this site have been helpful so thanks!

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:38 pm

ahibas Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the happiest girl in the world today, my husband got his visa

We applied in Mumbai North on 20th April 2010 and he got the text yesterday that his passport was ready. The worst bit was the waiting, because they don't actually say if the visa has been granted or not! He went to pick it up today and the visa had been granted.

I haven't posted much but all the discussions and advice on this site have been helpful so thanks!

congratulations ! .. good to see some of these applications filtering through now .. i applied before you and still waiting :(

ahibas
Newly Registered

Post by ahibas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 pm

jatinderw wrote:
ahibas Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the happiest girl in the world today, my husband got his visa

congratulations ! .. good to see some of these applications filtering through now .. i applied before you and still waiting :(
I hope you get good news soon!
The waiting is so hard, I can imagine how much harder it is for people when it takes even more months or years. It just feels like a weight has been lifted.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

ahibas wrote:I am the happiest girl in the world today, my husband got his visa :)

congrats

i keep asking this question but just wanted to know if your husband did a medical or did he get visa without need to do one.

my wife applied on the 13 april in jalandhar and waiting to hear
Visa received - 08/07/10

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:01 pm

has152 wrote:Your passport is ready for collection please visa the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same does this mean we have got visa
good luck mate hope its good news.

not sure what it will say. did you have a medical? normally if you do then it almost means you have got it.

but recently apps in mumbai have not had medicals according to this forum and still bee sucessful, so fingers crossed.
Visa received - 08/07/10

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:44 pm

jdhuphar wrote:
has152 wrote:Your passport is ready for collection please visa the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same does this mean we have got visa
good luck mate hope its good news.

not sure what it will say. did you have a medical? normally if you do then it almost means you have got it.

but recently apps in mumbai have not had medicals according to this forum and still bee sucessful, so fingers crossed.

she did not had a medical done

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:38 pm

has152 wrote:

she did not had a medical done
ok. i have noticed that in mumbai they are not having medical. good luck im sure she will get it
Visa received - 08/07/10

ahibas
Newly Registered

Post by ahibas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 pm

jdhuphar wrote:
ahibas wrote:I am the happiest girl in the world today, my husband got his visa :)

congrats

i keep asking this question but just wanted to know if your husband did a medical or did he get visa without need to do one.

Nope, no medical or anything.

highhorse

waiting at new delhi bhc

Post by highhorse » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:10 am

hi jdhuphar

have you heard anything yet? we applied on 27th april, 8 weeks gone now. was your casecomplicated or simple?

the wait goes on. what im worried about is if they make you wait 12 weeks, then refuse, seems cruel. :?

:shock:

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:13 am

ahibas wrote:
jdhuphar wrote:

congrats

Nope, no medical or anything.

hi, congratulations on getting visa!!!!! was your case straightforward or complicated?

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:14 am

Hi Highhorse im the same as you

i applied on the 14th of april in jalandar and still waiting

my case was completely straight forward .. never been married/divorced either of us ... all paperwork i belive was correct

Still waiting myself :( ... i think reading posts on this forum are scaring me a bit for some reason :s

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

Hi jatinderw and highhorse

It is taking about 10-12 weeks to process the applications. don't stress yourself about this it simply the time it takes. my case i hope is straight forward, i supplied all the paperwork but i am divorced however i did give my original decree absolute and new marriage cert confrimed that i was a divorcee, so that doesnlt mean my case is anymore complex that people who have not been married.

Jatinerw i applied on 13/04/10 at jalandhar too so we should hear around same time.

good luck guys and keep updating
Visa received - 08/07/10

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:32 pm

just to let u know wife got visa today applied on 15/04/2010

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:43 pm

has152 wrote:just to let u know wife got visa today applied on 15/04/2010
congrats :D

great to hear that the applications are finally coming through and without medicals. :lol:
Visa received - 08/07/10

Harpz

Post by Harpz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi All,

Been reading ur comments and noticed how "i'm not divorced, never been married, original decree absolute submitted" are being mentioned.

All I can say that every case is different and the ECO just wanted to refuse my hubby's application due to his past immigration history although we did not lie, gave all the documents and stated we were both divorced.

I would not worry about all your applications to be honest, it also does not matter if your divorced or not, what matters is if anyone in the application has overstayed, entered illegally or gained entry by deception etc.

You guys should be fine.

Good Luck Everyone....Hope you all get the outcome you wish for.

dsds
Newly Registered

Post by dsds » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:54 am

jdhuphar wrote:
dsds wrote: Hi All this is good news for me and my family i got a spouse settlement visa with out MED, i am thank full to god . :lol: :lol:
Hi congrats

where did you apply. what was your timeline like?

thank you ,

i applied at chennai -india :idea:

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi guys

just to keep you all updated as we applied at the same time

the status on the VFS website for our application has changed to

"medical envelope in transit" .. so it looks like applications at Delhi are being sent for medicals.

I can only guess tat this is good news if going for a medical ? .. not sure how long this process takes though ? (anyone have any ideas)

good luck to you all and hope you hear something as well soon.

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:42 pm

jatinderw wrote:Hi guys

"medical envelope in transit" .. so it looks like applications at Delhi are being sent for medicals.

I can only guess tat this is good news if going for a medical ? .. not sure how long this process takes though ? (anyone have any ideas)

hope ur partner get the visa i know how it feels waiting

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:57 pm

jatinderw wrote:Hi guys

Sounds like good news.

it takes about 10-12 days after the medical to get the visa.

they only would send for medical if they are going to grant the visa.

getting nervous now. I submitted on the 13/04/10 but only got the under process message on 19/04/10 where as you got it on the 15/04/10
Visa received - 08/07/10