ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consequences of bogus eec residence card...please advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

c155bury
Newly Registered

Consequences of bogus eec residence card...please advice

Post by c155bury » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi, right quite simply a friend of mine is "pretending" to be the girlfriend of another friend who is from outside the eu, the reason for this is to obtain him a eea residence card so he can stay here and work, i think he has been in the uk for a few years, i think they have applied for a eea residence card together ? possibly. they do not live together at all and are not patners etc etc , could anyone advice on the possible outcome for the girl who is from the eu in helping him bogusly as to be honest i think its pretty bad and she ought to know what could happen if they get caught out, least if i give her some idea she may stop this course as it seems to me that it would be pretty illegal and she could end up in some pretty big trouble.

many thanks

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:46 pm

I think the best thing is for you to mind your own personal problems.
If you have any grudges with them try to call them and sort it out.Stop poke nosing.

noodles

Post by noodles » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 am

:lol: :D

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 am

She is obviously committing a crime and they get caught out, they are both going to be in trouble specially the non-EU whose residence card can be cancelled and he can be thrown out of the country.

Let your friend know she is commiting a crime and if she doesn't stop, get the police involved. She is not just doing a crime, she is contributing to making the life of genuine couples difficult, who have to go through a lot because of such scammers. Don't let her do that !
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

troubled

Re: Consequences of bogus eec residence card...please advice

Post by troubled » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 am

c155bury wrote:Hi, right quite simply a friend of mine is "pretending" to be the girlfriend of another friend who is from outside the eu, the reason for this is to obtain him a eea residence card so he can stay here and work, i think he has been in the uk for a few years, i think they have applied for a eea residence card together ? possibly. they do not live together at all and are not patners etc etc , could anyone advice on the possible outcome for the girl who is from the eu in helping him bogusly as to be honest i think its pretty bad and she ought to know what could happen if they get caught out, least if i give her some idea she may stop this course as it seems to me that it would be pretty illegal and she could end up in some pretty big trouble.

many thanks
Have you got any prove that what they are doing is illegal?You may be assuming that but when it comes to proving such things they are difficult. This forum is for those who need immigration advice but not to report something you cannot prove. If you got a prove then go ahead to report them but mind if you fail there is counter accusation so mind your business.

c155bury
Newly Registered

Post by c155bury » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 pm

ok thanks to the people with actual advice, to the others... i dont have a problem with them at all, not her and not him! i just dont want to see my friend get into trouble. thats all.

c155bury
Newly Registered

Re: Consequences of bogus eec residence card...please advice

Post by c155bury » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:50 pm

troubled wrote:
c155bury wrote:Hi, right quite simply a friend of mine is "pretending" to be the girlfriend of another friend who is from outside the eu, the reason for this is to obtain him a eea residence card so he can stay here and work, i think he has been in the uk for a few years, i think they have applied for a eea residence card together ? possibly. they do not live together at all and are not patners etc etc , could anyone advice on the possible outcome for the girl who is from the eu in helping him bogusly as to be honest i think its pretty bad and she ought to know what could happen if they get caught out, least if i give her some idea she may stop this course as it seems to me that it would be pretty illegal and she could end up in some pretty big trouble.

many thanks
Have you got any prove that what they are doing is illegal?You may be assuming that but when it comes to proving such things they are difficult. This forum is for those who need immigration advice but not to report something you cannot prove. If you got a prove then go ahead to report them but mind if you fail there is counter accusation so mind your business.
um try the fact that they live about 100 miles apart while claiming to live in the same house... im not willing to report them at all i just want to stop her from doing something that could end up bad and also as someone else [pointed out, it does not help real claims at all...

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

BS I don't have to be requested additional proof due to frau

Post by eldane » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Report an illegal immigrant or other offence
If you know someone is breaking immigration laws, for example by being in the United Kingdom illegally or by employing an illegal immigrant, you can email us to give us information about it. We may not be able to acknowledge your email but we will pass it on to the local immigration team in the appropriate part of the country. Where appropriate, they will investigate and take action.

To enable us to send your information quickly to the local immigration team closest to the offence you are reporting, please help us by putting the specific place (for example Croydon) or the specific postcode (for example CR0) in the subject line (title) of your email. Please also try to give us as much information as possible about the immigration offence (for example names and addresses), to help our investigation.

We treat all personal information as confidential. This means we will not tell the person involved that you contacted us. It also means that we will not be able to tell you what was done as a result of your information.

Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where anonymity can be assured.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..