ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Earnings while on a business visit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ankurh
Newly Registered

Regarding Earnings while on a business visit

Post by Ankurh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 pm

I am planning to apply tier1 visa in the second week of July.The issue is that I was in UK on a Business visa during the following period:

- 21st March till 10th April 2010

As i was on a business visa i was not earning any money only i was paid subsistence allowance for that period. No Reciepts/Proof for this allowance.

My question is that Can i uplift the earnings for the above mentioned period and multiply by 5.3 as i was still earning in Indian INR and was paid in Indian Salary account although i was physically in UK for these 20 days.

I will not be claiming the subsistence allowance at all and i will include these details in my Cover letter.

Is such an arrangement fine or am i ineligible to uplift my earnings for March 2010 and April 2010 ?

Can somebody please help me out as i want to apply before the new rules come into place before 19th july.

A quick response will be highly appreciated.

Ankurh
Newly Registered

Post by Ankurh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 am

Hi ,

Can somebody please response on this query.

I need to apply by second week of July and need clarity on this ASAP.

Thanks.

[iD]

Re: Regarding Earnings while on a business visit

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:46 am

Ankurh wrote:I am planning to apply tier1 visa in the second week of July.The issue is that I was in UK on a Business visa during the following period:

As i was on a business visa i was not earning any money only i was paid subsistence allowance for that period. No Reciepts/Proof for this allowance.

My question is that Can i uplift the earnings for the above mentioned period and multiply by 5.3 as i was still earning in Indian INR and was paid in Indian Salary account although i was physically in UK for these 20 days.

I will not be claiming the subsistence allowance at all and i will include these details in my Cover letter.

Is such an arrangement fine or am i ineligible to uplift my earnings for March 2010 and April 2010 ?

Can somebody please help me out as i want to apply before the new rules come into place before 19th july.

No, you can not use uplift ratio on anything while you were in the UK
Goodluck.

rupeshmg
India

Re: Regarding Earnings while on a business visit

Post by rupeshmg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:11 am

[iD] wrote:
Ankurh wrote:I am planning to apply tier1 visa in the second week of July.The issue is that I was in UK on a Business visa during the following period:

No, you can not use uplift ratio on anything while you were in the UK

From my personal experience, I believe you can apply uplift ratio for 20 days.
Check -
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57304

Hope this helps