ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TWES

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lizzy
Newly Registered

TWES

Post by Lizzy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:24 pm

Hi there,

Can anyone urgently please tell me how this scheme works?

I am on WHM visa and need to know if i can switch to a year on the TWES with my company when my visa expires..

Also, how long do you have to be on a student visa to actually be considered for ILR?

Thanks guys!!

Liz

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:40 pm

Liz,
Can anyone urgently please tell me how this scheme works?
Refer to the Home Office working in the UK site.
I am on WHM visa and need to know if i can switch to a year on the TWES with my company when my visa expires.
Yes you can. The switch to TWES including new TWES visa must be done before the WHM visa expires.
Also, how long do you have to be on a student visa to actually be considered for ILR?
10 Years. The period is shortened to 4 years where you hold a standard/ full work permit. There were posters on the old forum who had periods on TWES as well as a standard WP adding up to 4 years amalgamated to get ILR - this is on a discretionary basis as it is not covered in the immigration rules. It would be better for the employer to sponsor a standard WP rather than a TWES permit. If you meet the criteria you may also want to consider the HSMP scheme.