ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport for a newborn of EU parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

editas01
Newly Registered

passport for a newborn of EU parents

Post by editas01 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:57 pm

I would like to ask for the advice how to obtain a British passport for a newborn born in the UK provided the parents are Czech and living in the UK for 5 years.
Also if there is a possibility to obtain the passport if they have lived here for a shorter period.
And the last - if they can also apply for Czech passport so the child will have 2 nationalities.

Thank you!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Czech Republic as far as I know doesn't allow dual citizenship so if you get a British passport for your kid, he/she won't be able to get Czech one.

And for British passport I think one of the parents needs to be a permanent resident. Having lived in UK for five years should automatically entitle you to permanent residence - again thats what I have read on this forum.

I would suggest you wait for the more informed ones to share their view.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€