ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR successful PEO Glasgow. Work Permit+Tier2.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

king_kong

ILR successful PEO Glasgow. Work Permit+Tier2.

Post by king_kong » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am

Dear all,

I learnt a lot from this forum. The moderators of this forum and the members of this forum are doing a great job and thanks to them.
I would like to share my experience.
My case:
Arrived UK 2nd October 2005.
Arrived in the UK on Work permit.
Got 3 extensions, all on time and valid.
Switched to Tier 2 when I changed employment.
Appointment:
Booked family appointment in Glasgow PEO. I booked online about 6 weeks in advance.
Arrival:
I came to glasgow the night before as I wanted to avoid traffic/breakdown of bus, train, road, rail, signal, runway etc etc.
Home office:
It was just me and I did not take any dependents. The security and the screening person did ask about them. I said its just me and they have not come.
I arrived an hour before the appointment and it was a gusty day. Wanted to go to the science center, but the wind put me off. So went straight to the home office. The security guard said I am a wee bit early, but can go in and my ticket will not be issued atleast half an hour before.
The security staff were very professional. It was a thorogh check. Cellphone, toiletries were tagged and retained.
Ticketing:
The gentlemen who does the ticketing asked the purpose of visit and ticked against the family appointment in the sheet he had and issued ticket half an hour before the appointment.
Preliminary checks:
I was called to a counter 5 minutes before the appointment, and was asked to submit the documents. I submitted the passports, life in the UK certificates, employer letter, all original bank statements, all payslips, all P60s, original work permit etc. He just took 3 of the bank statements, 3 payslips- did not go deep into P60.
He read the employer letter very carefully- think this is very important for them.
Then he said he will call me once he verifies all documents. Another 15 minutes, he called me again, said all is OK and I can pay the fees and comeback to him.
I took a banker's draft as I wanted to avoid the network outage, antifraud or whatever is likely to go wrong with an electronic transaction.
Came back to the officer. He said he is going to send the documents to the caseworker, and all looks OK and fine and my passport should be ready in half and hour and said I can go for tea if I wanted.
I thought its just gonna be half an hour and was sitting in the waiting area, reading the magazines, at the same time wondering how beautiful Katy Price is in all the magazines ( dont throw bricks at me).
:D :!:
Waiting time:
When things are supposed to go wrong, it will go wrong, and will happen, when they are needed most.
What was supposed to be a half an hour wait, went by, another hour went by, another hour. So at the end of what looked like eternity, I went to the ticketing officer ( as he was extremely friendly), and asked him whats happening to my case.
He was kind enough to go inside the office and check out. He came back and said that my case has been sorted, but he cant give the outcome, but I should relax as everything is fine, and the delay was due to printer problems. He also told me that the case worker should be calling me any time.
Case worker:
She called me, apologised for the delay ( none needed actually)told me the decision, showed the stamping from behind the window so that I can check my name and details, handed all the original documents back. Told me what I am entitled to etc etc.
I collected my documents, thanked the ticketing officer and was off.

Over all, I would say the service in Glasgow was extremely professional and friendly.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 am

congrats!!..hopefully it will be the same for me. I've got my appointment on sat the 18th sep.

king_kong

Hope it goes well for you too.

Post by king_kong » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:52 am

PG1983 wrote:congrats!!..hopefully it will be the same for me. I've got my appointment on sat the 18th sep.
The process is actually simple. I got stressed too much, but found it was unwarranted. As long as you have all the original documents, well organised, its just a matter of submitting them.