ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plice registration certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fpvt2

Plice registration certificate

Post by fpvt2 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:03 pm

On the form FLR(O) under documentary evidence that needs to be submitted, it mentioned police registration certificate (if you have been asked to register with the police).
My questions are:
1. How do you know if you are required to submit this police registration certificate?
2. How can you get this police registration certificate?
Thank you.

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:21 am

You dont need to get registered with the police if you are a commonwealth citizen, else you do.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:43 pm

Thank you for the reply. This is for my friend who is from a non commonwealth country who is going to switch from UK work permit visa to permit free training visa. So, my friend is already in the UK. Last year when they needed to extend their Visit visa class C (PLAB) to take the PLAB test, they were not required to bring a police registration certificate. If they need it this time, will the Home Office tell them about it when they make the appointment with the Home Office ? And, how do they get this police registration certificate if it is needed? Thank you.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:27 pm

Not all nationalities are required to obtain police registration. In fact most aren't.

The full list is given here: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/defaul ... ageId=3931

Furthermore, if the individual is required to register, the passport stamp/sticker will have a sentence requiring them to do so.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:33 pm

Thank you, kawaski1. You are absolutely correct. The Home Office told them that upon entering the UK, if the person needed to register with the police, they would have been told already at that time. If they were not informed about it, then they do not need to register with the police.

How about my question last time regarding switching from work permit visa to permit free training visa, there should not be a problem doing that, should it? (given they submit all the documents needed for the permit free training visa)

Thank you.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:01 pm

As far as the police registration goes, no there should not be an issue (since your friend appears not to have needed one).

I know from my and friend's personal experience that upon filling an in-country FLR form (for WP though) we never supplied police registration certificates (since they were from the countries that did not need it) and never had any trouble because of it.

I don't know about other aspects of the permit free training visa though.

Hope it helps.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:05 pm

Thank you very much.
In terms of switching from a 6 months work permit visa to permit free training visa, there should not be a problem switching, is there ? (provided all documents needed for permit free training are submitted) Thanks.