ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krig
Newly Registered

Post by krig » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 pm

news on INIS site-The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in early 2009.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Sent letter to DoJ requesting update on Monday.
Received reply today quoting exactly what they always do (cut-copy-paste) BUT also mentioning that
The average time from application to decision is now at 30 months

aya101

Post by aya101 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 pm

asrpb wrote:Sent letter to DoJ requesting update on Monday.
Received reply today quoting exactly what they always do (cut-copy-paste) BUT also mentioning that
but on the website it says 26 months?

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 pm

aya101 wrote:
asrpb wrote:Sent letter to DoJ requesting update on Monday.
but on the website it says 26 months?
Exactly
It’s like left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing.

Either their website need to be updated or someone needs to go and wake the staff up as they still seem to be using 1.5 yrs old templates.

What a useless bunch like their ministers.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Its just a facade. Changing it on their website but no concrete proof to show for....as it says in their letter all the time when yous receive it "from application to decision is now at 26 months, while straight forward cases take less time (aahh...remains to be seen) some may take longer (defo longer no doubt)".

Its just something to show for that they are definitely doing their jobs! :roll:

BTW it says on their site about 26 months and they are processing early 2009 now....that means they're ahead of themselves!!!! :shock: Yeah right!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm

BTW it says on their site about 26 months and they are processing early 2009 now....that means they're ahead of themselves!!!! Yeah right!
well the start of processing is just the beginning. it can take 6 to 12 months until the processing is complete, thus 26 months or more.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:11 pm

agniukas wrote:
BTW it says on their site about 26 months and they are processing early 2009 now....that means they're ahead of themselves!!!! Yeah right!
well the start of processing is just the beginning. it can take 6 to 12 months until the processing is complete, thus 26 months or more.
Since you sound like an insider whats the story on the apps in early 08? any news on them please.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:23 pm

i guess they are still being processed. you heard how long it takes for social welfare checks and garda checks... and we haven't heard of many good news from applicants on this forum about their 2008 applications approved...
PS LTR applications are being dealt with faster, usually 3 months i guess, plus a month for the payment and cert/grant letter. LTr are processing now the end of 2009. thus it shouldn't take this long for citizenship. but i guess that citizenship applications are more complex seeing that all birth certs, marriage certs and other docs have to be submitted, thus they have to be processed as well... anyway, i already made my peace that citizenship takes around 2 years...

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

Post by naseemkhan3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:33 pm

agniukas wrote:i guess they are still being processed. you heard how long it takes for social welfare checks and garda checks... and we haven't heard of many good news from applicants on this forum about their 2008 applications approved...
PS LTR applications are being dealt with faster, usually 3 months i guess, plus a month for the payment and cert/grant letter. LTr are processing now the end of 2009. thus it shouldn't take this long for citizenship. but i guess that citizenship applications are more complex seeing that all birth certs, marriage certs and other docs have to be submitted, thus they have to be processed as well... anyway, i already made my peace that citizenship takes around 2 years...
:( :( :(
Hi All ,

I had applied in jun 07 and have not received any responce so far beasides a letter 2 years go my application is dated Sept jun 07. Do I need to write to them for a status or shall I just wait ............. thanks to let me know

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi naseemkhan3,

I would ask that you contact them as soon as possible. This is not right.
Are you still working and all ?

I applied in Aug 2007 and got my citizenship 9 months ago...

You should contact them as soon as possible.

Nana

naseemkhan3 wrote:
agniukas wrote:i guess they are still being processed. you heard how long it takes for social welfare checks and garda checks... and we haven't heard of many good news from applicants on this forum about their 2008 applications approved...
:( :( :(
Hi All ,

I had applied in jun 07 and have not received any responce so far beasides a letter 2 years go my application is dated Sept jun 07. Do I need to write to them for a status or shall I just wait ............. thanks to let me know

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:21 pm

My wife got a letter asking to furnish birth certificate when she requested for an update on her application.

she submitted last year (sept 09) with indian embassy cert along with affidivit and the application was accepted. Looks like new requirement.

The letter says applications are taking an average of 26 months and some straight forward application could be dealt early as well.

Regards

IntheQ wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:Hi Guys,
I applied for naturalisation in July this year.

I don't have a birth certificate from India. So, I got a birth certificate from Indian Embassy in Dublin. Along with that I also attached the Long Form Birth Certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

After 2 weeks, I got a rejection letter saying that they need a birth certificate from India or I should write an application why I don't have a birth certificate from India.

To this, I wrote an application letter mentioning that because my father's job was trasferrable I lost the birth certificate. The place I was born is 2000 Km away from where my parents currently stay. Also, my father had an operation recently and hence I can't ask him to go there. Under all these circumstances, it will be difficult for me to get a birth certificate from India and hence I requested the Indian Embassy to issue me a birth certificate. Further to this, I have also attached the long form birth certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

To my surprise, they have rejected my application this time again and asked me to get a birth certificate from India.

Now, I am really clueless and don't know what to do.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
This was never an issue before. I know couple of my friends (from India) who got naturalised and submitted Birth Cert. issued by Indian Embassy.

DoJ is just trying to find every little excuse they can to refuse the applications these days.

May I suggest that you try http://www.yourmaninindia.com to get your Birth Cert. from India. They might be bit expensive but they do have a good track record.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi all,
this is my first time to be here and I'll ask some questions may be they have been asked before but I'll be gratitude if someone can answer them.
Is it a must for everyone to get a request (from INIS) for further documnets to be submitted like pay slips,P21 and bank statement?
And if so, when that would happen?
for example I applied for citizenship on 07/2009, when they can ask for these documents to be submitted? is it after 18 months from application or more or less?
peace on you

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Hi all,
this is my first time to be here and I'll ask some questions may be they have been asked before but I'll be gratitude if someone can answer them.
Is it a must for everyone to get a request (from INIS) for further documnets to be submitted like pay slips,P21 and bank statement?
And if so, when that would happen?
for example I applied for citizenship on 07/2009, when they can ask for these documents to be submitted? is it after 18 months from application or more or less?
When you submit your application, if it is in any way incomplete or something wrong with it, INIS send it straight back to applicant to get it corrected. Once corrected and all in order you receive a letter from them stating its placed in some kind of chronological order. But as far as asking documents is concerned it depends, if they started looking/perusing your application after initial app chk process then they probably ask you for docs if you are short on any. But if you think that their are certain documents you think you've missed and think are important to be submitted, just send them with a cover letter + your app ref number.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 am

thanks fatty patty.
just to let you know I passed the initial process and received this confirmation letter, but i knew that the INIS are asking about uptodate P21,pay slips and bank statement when they start to process the application for the final stage,Is that true? and is it a must with every case?
peace on you

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:thanks fatty patty.
just to let you know I passed the initial process and received this confirmation letter, but i knew that the INIS are asking about uptodate P21,pay slips and bank statement when they start to process the application for the final stage,Is that true? and is it a must with every case?
I dont think its a must with every case, as INIS say "all cases are judged individualy". But as I said, if you think something is of importance just send it to them, what they will do after receiving your correspondence they will reply back to you within a week or two stating all docs are received and placed on your file. Sending them your P21 yearly is not a bad idea either (not sure about bank statement though), i heard birth cert is turning out to be one of the sticking point make sure to send that too, no harm.

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

Post by naseemkhan3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi All ,

I had applied in jun 07 and have not received any responce so far beasides a letter 2 years go my application is dated jun 07. Do I need to write to them for a status or shall I just wait ............. thanks to let me know

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:35 pm

naseemkhan3 wrote:Hi All ,

I had applied in jun 07 and have not received any responce so far beasides a letter 2 years go my application is dated jun 07. Do I need to write to them for a status or shall I just wait ............. thanks to let me know
hi naseem, if i were you i would definitely write a letter to them regarding the delay in application and update on the current situation as 2007 wait is not on!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 pm

I think it depends in your own Circumstances, if you are working and everything is ok so send them that letter but if you do not working at the moment leave everthing quiet untill you back to work again.
this is my advise as I noticed that they are asking for your latest pay slips and you know ireland employment crisis right now.
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:29 am

TDsDáil debatesWritten AnswersWritten answers
Wednesday, 29 September 2010What are written answers?Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
Citizenship ApplicationsAll Written Answers on 29 Sep 2010

« Previous answer
Next answer »
2:30 pm
Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin (Cavan-Monaghan, Sinn Fein)

Question 924: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the number of persons granted citizenship, by previous nationality, since 2005; and the number of citizenship applications refused, by nationality, since 2005. [32159/10]
Dermot Ahern (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

I have asked officials in my Department to compile the statistics requested and I will revert to the Deputy in due course.
Does this answer the above question?
Yes! 0 people think so!
No! 0 people think not!
Finian McGrath (Dublin North Central, Independent)

Question 925: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if he will extend the non fee for citizenship applications to persons on social welfare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32173/10]
Dermot Ahern (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

The Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956, as amended, provides that the Minister may, in his absolute discretion, grant an application for a certificate of naturalisation. In accordance with the legislation I make decisions on naturalisation applications based on all of the information available to me. I have adopted a general policy that I will normally require an applicant for naturalisation, unless he/she is a refugee, programme refugee or Stateless person, to show that he/she has supported him or herself (and his or her family if appropriate) while residing in the State and, as far as can be determined, is in a position to continue that support into the future. I am, generally speaking, satisfied to accept that an applicant is self supporting if he or she has not availed of State support in the 3 year period prior to the date of application or subsequently has satisfied officials that they have supported themselves independently for that period. Certification fees for Citizenship were last changed in August 2008. While the fees are designed to reflect the effort and cost involved in processing the different categories of applicant, the current certification fees do not recoup the full cost of processing in any category. Certificates of naturalisation can only be issued on payment of the prescribed fee at the time of certification.

After reading the previous answer from Dermot Ahern I have a question in my mind and your opinions are highly appreciated:
Does his answer mean that if you did not withdraw the dole for the 3 years before application, you will be granted the citizenship?
what if you withdraw the dole after 6 months of application due to the down turn in the construction sector,will you be granted the citizenship or not?
Do the immigrtion officials turn blind for the period after application or they will try to find any excuse to wipe out immigrants of Ireland.
does anyone know any case look like the a.m. case and he has been granted the citizenship?
peace on you

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi
I think the most imp question is not legalities now. It appears that not a single person got naturalisation since June 10. Does this mean that all marrys are gone on maternity leave?

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

Post by naseemkhan3 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 pm

fatty patty wrote:

hi naseem, if i were you i would definitely write a letter to them regarding the delay in application and update on the current situation as 2007 wait is not on!
thanks fatty patty to answer me.
Hi
I now 7 people who was submit his application in 2007 (different month). nobody received any answer sins 2yers. They all writhed letters but no answer .There is anybody who was submit application in 2007 he can give as any update
thanks

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:TDsDáil debatesWritten AnswersWritten answers
Wednesday, 29 September 2010What are written answers?Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform

« Previous answer
Next answer »

Question 924: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the number of persons granted citizenship, by previous nationality, since 2005; and the number of citizenship applications refused, by nationality, since 2005. [32159/10]

I have asked officials in my Department to compile the statistics requested and I will revert to the Deputy in due course.
Yes! 0 people think so!
No! 0 people think not!

Question 925: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if he will extend the non fee for citizenship applications to persons on social welfare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32173/10]

The Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956, as amended, provides that the Minister may, in his absolute discretion, grant an application for a certificate of naturalisation. In accordance with the legislation I make decisions on naturalisation applications based on all of the information available to me. I have adopted a general policy that I will normally require an applicant for naturalisation, unless he/she is a refugee, programme refugee or Stateless person, to show that he/she has supported him or herself (and his or her family if appropriate) while residing in the State and, as far as can be determined, is in a position to continue that support into the future. I am, generally speaking, satisfied to accept that an applicant is self supporting if he or she has not availed of State support in the 3 year period prior to the date of application or subsequently has satisfied officials that they have supported themselves independently for that period. Certification fees for Citizenship were last changed in August 2008. While the fees are designed to reflect the effort and cost involved in processing the different categories of applicant, the current certification fees do not recoup the full cost of processing in any category. Certificates of naturalisation can only be issued on payment of the prescribed fee at the time of certification.

After reading the previous answer from Dermot Ahern I have a question in my mind and your opinions are highly appreciated:
Does his answer mean that if you did not withdraw the dole for the 3 years before application, you will be granted the citizenship?
what if you withdraw the dole after 6 months of application due to the down turn in the construction sector,will you be granted the citizenship or not?
Do the immigrtion officials turn blind for the period after application or they will try to find any excuse to wipe out immigrants of Ireland.
does anyone know any case look like the a.m. case and he has been granted the citizenship?
What I get from his answer is that if you have applied for dole before 3 years of lodging the case for citizenship you are ok. (but i dont trust him)

After 6 months of application, sounds trouble. It all depends on how long welfare record INIS will be requesting from the welfare department of the applicant.

They do turn a blind eye on their speed of naturalisation, and thats about it. People are getting refused on wee little things... read this...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 36072.html

What is AM case?

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:53 pm

fatty patty wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:TDsDáil debatesWritten AnswersWritten answers

« Previous answer
Next answer »

Yes! 0 people think so!
No! 0 people think not!

What I get from his answer is that if you have applied for dole before 3 years of lodging the case for citizenship you are ok. (but i dont trust him)

After 6 months of application, sounds trouble. It all depends on how long welfare record INIS will be requesting from the welfare department of the applicant.

They do turn a blind eye on their speed of naturalisation, and thats about it. People are getting refused on wee little things... read this...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 36072.html

What is AM case?
Thanks Fatty Patty for your reply
A.M. means above mentioned case which is someone gone into the dole after application.
peace on you

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 am

naseemkhan3 wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

thanks fatty patty to answer me.
Hi
I now 7 people who was submit his application in 2007 (different month). nobody received any answer sins 2yers. They all writhed letters but no answer .There is anybody who was submit application in 2007 he can give as any update
thanks
hi nassem, a friend of mine who applied in jun 07 received approval in mar 2010. this case, we felt, was a bit delayed as INIS only realised that an addidavit was missing while readying his file for the minister. another friend who applied in may 07 got approved in mar 09. another unbelievable case applied in Oct 07 & got approved in mar 09. all these guys are Indian nationals.

sraodas
Newly Registered

i got approval last week

Post by sraodas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:47 pm

hi guys,

i was apply 2007 november, i got approval 23rd september 2010.