ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) [WP+Tier 2+Tier 1] Success at Croydon PEO - Aug 27]

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dk10
Newly Registered

Set(O) [WP+Tier 2+Tier 1] Success at Croydon PEO - Aug 27]

Post by dk10 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi All,

My SET (O) application for ILR for myself, my wife and child was successful at Croydon PEO today. This forum has provided me with invaluable "what-to-expect" guidance. Hope my experience-sharing below will benefit others like I have done from others'.

Background:
Came on a WP through an Indian company, changed to Tier 1 last year. Same employer.
So: WP + Tier2(ICT) + Tier 1

Brief events/exchanges on the day:
1) Appointment was at 9am. We arrived around 8:15am.

2) Security asked us what we were applying for and when our appointment was and directed us inside.

3) [Duration: 5 mins] After an airport-style security check, we were asked to have the Application Form and passports in hand and note down the booking refeence number which we would have received on the mobile (Interestingly, nobody asked us for this reference at all). We were asked to stand in a queue for a counter to become available - this was for "book-in", which includes preliminary checking of application form + documents before the fees are paid.

4) [Duration: 15 mins] At the book-in counter, afer handing over the application form + passport, the lady went through all the sections of the form and the photographs. Asked me if I had WP component. She did some check on the database and asked if I was with the same employer. Then she asked for:
i) Employer letter
ii) Pay slips
iii) LITUK test certificates
She asked if I wanted to know the scores, I said yes and she said I had scored 24 while my wife had scored 22. Needless to say, I was glad to have scored a point (make that two) over the missus;) The lady at the counter said she had broken her glasses today hence it is taking more time. She then stamped "valid" on the application and also handed a per-formatted form with her notes on it for the case worker's reference. She gave us a slip with a number and asked to pay the fees on 1st floor (1st floor was also handwritten on the slip). The slip is used as a proof of authorised entry, so do not lose it.

5) [Duration: 15 mins] There was bit of a queue here. Paid by HSBC credit card (Had called the bank earlier in the week and let them know of this transaction - just to be sure. Chip and Pin system used. Had also called up another card provider to be used as a backup, if required!)

6) [Duration: 5-10 mins] Seated in the area opposite to the payment counter waiting for number to be called.

7) [Duration: 15mins] We were called by the case worker around 9am.
I first handed to him:
a) Application form
b) Passports
He had a quick glance and asked me to submit supporting documents. I submitted:
c) Employer Letter (My company would not give an "ILR letter" so a letter issued for another purpose was used)
After reading the employment letter and asked me if I was working with the same employer even before I came to the UK to which I answered yes.
d) Last 4 months payslips (he took only last 3 months)
e) Last 3 months bank statements
f) LITUK test certificates
g) 5 years P60s
I asked him if he wanted my child's birth certificate + my marriage certificate. He said that would not be required since they would have seen it earlier. He checked his database and confirmed. Then I asked him if he wanted my WP + Tier2 + Tier1 letters.
h) He took only the Original WP letter
I had taken copies of the supporting documents (since it is suggested on UKBA site to carry copies in Croydon PEO) and asked him if he wanted those. He took the photocopies and returned all orginal documents except for Employer letter and the passports. He also pointed out that I had wrongly ticked mark against HSMP rather than the Tier 1 in section 3 (basically by mistake I thought the box on the left was to be marked) of the application form and he himself corrected it. In the 15 mins we spent at the counter, my daughter was jumping all around. He "helped" us "scare" her by blowing air into his mic which made my daughter sit at one place!
Finally, he said he has everything he needs to consider my case. He said it would take about an hour for him to do his checks and told us we can go out to the coffee shops and come back and wait near the customer service desk at counter 22. Especially having seen my daughter behave, he said it would be good for us if we go out and then return! He also let me know that it may take slightly longer if the Vignette dept is busy. In summary, he was very polite and cordial.

8 ) [Duration: 50mins] Went out and returned. Similar procedure followed on returning to the premises except we skipped steps 4 and 5 and were back in the waiting area

9) [Duration: 10 mins] After 10 mins of waiting, he came near the customer service desk - which is basically a desk which is not usually occupied but used to return documents. He waved to me and I went over. He said all the checks were ok and the passports would now be given for inserting the vignette. I thanked him and and returned back to my seat in the waiting area.

10) [Duration: 15 mins]: After 15 mins of further waiting, my number was called out and the passports handed over. The slip with the number on it was taken away. We verified the details stamped were correct and left the premises.

All in all, a much better than expected experience, except for my daughter getting too excited and the grumpy security lady on the first floor. My only concern was the employer letter since it was issued for some other purpose, but no questions were asked. As a backup, I had 5 years payslips, 5 years bank statements, Council Tax statements, Utility bills, Tenancy Agreements, but none were required.

Thank you to all those who have been contributing to this forum.

Good luck to those who will be applying in the future.

Cheers!

ILR_Queries

Re: Set(O) [WP+Tier 2+Tier 1] Success at Croydon PEO - Aug 2

Post by ILR_Queries » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 pm

[quote="dk10"]

c) Employer Letter (My company would not give an "ILR letter" so a letter issued for another purpose was used)

After reading the employment letter and asked me if I was working with the same employer even before I came to the UK to which I answered yes.
/quote]

Hi dk10,

That is really a good news to me and you have give a hope for my application. I am also in a similar situation like you. The Employer letter was issued for a different purpose and i am planning to use the same.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences.

Kind Regards

skumar26
Newly Registered

5 year P60s

Post by skumar26 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi there,

Do we need all the 5 year's P60s?