ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of absences - what details to provide?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xyz123

List of absences - what details to provide?

Post by xyz123 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:55 am

hi

I am applying for ILR (WP +Tier 1, same employer) in two weeks and need some advise on the list of absences.

I have been outside about 210 days (all business trips and vacation). employer letter mentions dates in/out and destination.

I need to provide a list as part of completing form as well. what should i submit for this? Is it just enough to list dates in, dates out and destination in spreadsheet? or shall i also count no of days for them and if i do then how to calculate it (e.g. weekends and travel days?).

Thanks

winber

Post by winber » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:03 pm

date in, date out and reason

I spent hours preparing an elaborate spreadsheet which included passport page of stamp and so on (235 days in total). They were not interested in this and only looked at the dates for long absences - they spent barely a minute doing this in total.

mfwales

Re: List of absences - what details to provide?

Post by mfwales » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 pm

xyz123 wrote:.....there are more than enough threads on the forum on this topic. please spend some time to search rather than just opening a new thread...
Back at you.... :wink:

xyz123

Re: List of absences - what details to provide?

Post by xyz123 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:48 am

mfwales wrote:
xyz123 wrote:.....there are more than enough threads on the forum on this topic. please spend some time to search rather than just opening a new thread...
Back at you.... :wink:
thanks for that but the point is there are so many different opinions on what to show on the spreadsheet out there i wanted to get opinion of someone who has recently applied.

my previous comments was on a subject which is covered so many times and it is same question (180 days etc etc).

mfwales

Post by mfwales » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 pm

A quick glance at the top of the "sticky" posts will guide you to a spreadsheet templete which is self explanatory. Download that and you are good to go. OPs application was successful based on that template and what I understand from other posts, lot of other guys too used the same template and was successful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64235

Good luck with your application.