ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 pm

khuddar wrote:Half way into the sixth week of the application still nothing. It is my wife's birthday aswell, i really wish we could have been together, her first birthday as a married woman and i her husband who loves her to bits is not with her, such is life i guess.

ECO and staff will never understand, they just don't get it.
I know exactly how you feel! InshAllah she will be with you for many more wonderful birthdays and special times to come!
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:28 pm

khuddar wrote:Half way into the sixth week of the application still nothing. It is my wife's birthday aswell, i really wish we could have been together, her first birthday as a married woman and i her husband who loves her to bits is not with her, such is life i guess.

ECO and staff will never understand, they just don't get it.
I know it's depressing, but hang in there - "this too shall pass"
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:50 am

Hey guys thanks for your support. I am trying my best to stay strong for her and my sake.

She misses me alot and i miss her too. The agent did say that reply would be a minimum of 60 days but alot of people felt it won't take long because my case is straightforward. Well alot of spouse visa probably are straightforward sadly the workrate of some workforce just is not great.

I hoped to have a answer by mid-november but that is looking unlikley at the moment. Still one can only hope, there are people here who haven't had any reply for 3 months.

So the frustration of mine is nothing compared to what they have been throught.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Of coruse you miss each othe r- good thing to, as you're married!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:21 am

My wife's application is apparently under process at the British High Commission, agent checked it last evening. Now i don't know how often he has been checking it, wheather he checked it cause i asked him about it or he has been checking it regulary i don't know.

I know it is under process now and i hope it isn't that long. One can hope things will be sorted before the end of this month.

How long does it usually take if application is under process?

Praying it is sorted sooner rather than later.

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm

khuddar wrote:My wife's application is apparently under process at the British High Commission, agent checked it last evening. Now i don't know how often he has been checking it, wheather he checked it cause i asked him about it or he has been checking it regulary i don't know.

I know it is under process now and i hope it isn't that long. One can hope things will be sorted before the end of this month.

How long does it usually take if application is under process?

Praying it is sorted sooner rather than later.
I hope you have good news soon Khuddar :D

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey Casapot, yes i am hoping that too. I am just wondering how long could be left. If it took 6 weeks for the status to change to under process, how long will it be before we have an answer?

I am hopeful that my application is successful (there is always a bit of doubt) Just hoping it isn't another six weeks before we get an answer, otherwise we will be into Mid-December and at one point some members in my family felt it will be sorted by mid-November!

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 pm

khuddar wrote:Hey Casapot, yes i am hoping that too. I am just wondering how long could be left. If it took 6 weeks for the status to change to under process, how long will it be before we have an answer?

I am hopeful that my application is successful (there is always a bit of doubt) Just hoping it isn't another six weeks before we get an answer, otherwise we will be into Mid-December and at one point some members in my family felt it will be sorted by mid-November!
Hi Khuddar,
have been following your thread because we also handed our application in at the end of september 27th like yourself..

However ours was in Rabat Moroccco.. Thankfully we found out last week that we would have ours issued which we have collected this week.

So ours was 6 weeks.. they called my employers first and then myself and then issued it.. so I am hoping for that you too will hear from them shortly as they are now processing the application and making their checks..

:D

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Casapot, yes the staff seem to work quicker elsewhere than they do overall in Asia, someone got theri Visa in just two-three weeks. Another got their's in less than two weeks.

Someone who applied in Pune got in about 4 and a half weeks, a rare quick one i believe.

Hopefully a answer comes very soon, as i am staying strong but everyday that goes by, it seems to get harder harder. I don't rant about the time or the staff because i am pretty sure everyone knows my views on it by now.

How long did it take for your visa status to change from under process to Visa being issued Casapot?

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:39 am

In my experience, applications from India / Pakistan / Bangladesh take longer than they do from most places, sorry.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:23 am

I think its everywhere, it depends on who's handling your application and the application itself in my opinion.

While Davenice got his/her visa in 3 weeks from Lagos, Nigeria, my mate has submitted since the first week of September in Abuja, Nigeria and still hasn't got his visa, no information whatsoever.

He's now into 11 weeks of worries and separation from his wife. I still dont agree with the 12 weeks timeline considering the exorbitant visa fees.

I pray everyone, Khuddar and my best mate receives good news soon.
Live and let live

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Everyone who prayed for me. Your prayers have been answered. Visa has been granted. Was all done on Monday, a bit of confusion after but the agent sent me e-mail confirming visa had been granted and passport has arrived today aswell. He sent me photographic proof of the passport with the Visa Stamp.

Finally the wait is over. 6 weeks, a very long 6 weeks and finally its over. Now i don't care if she comes after a couple of weeks, i know now she can come.

Thanks everyone for their words of wisdom, prays and advice. I pray and hope that those who are still waiting get their answer and positive one soon.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Congratulations Khuddar. I'm really happy for you and your family and pray for my friend to receive good news soon, it's been 11 weeks.

I wish you and your family the best.
Live and let live

Wonko
Newly Registered

Post by Wonko » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Well done khuddar! Looks like we got our news on the same day :D

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 pm

khuddar wrote:Everyone who prayed for me. Your prayers have been answered. Visa has been granted. Was all done on Monday, a bit of confusion after but the agent sent me e-mail confirming visa had been granted and passport has arrived today aswell. He sent me photographic proof of the passport with the Visa Stamp.

Finally the wait is over. 6 weeks, a very long 6 weeks and finally its over. Now i don't care if she comes after a couple of weeks, i know now she can come.

Thanks everyone for their words of wisdom, prays and advice. I pray and hope that those who are still waiting get their answer and positive one soon.
Thank God..Im really pleased for you Khuddar, great so now you can start and enjoy your life together :-)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :)

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Congratulations!

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Thank you everyone. Congrats to you Wonko aswell for your success.
HRY2005, i hope your friend and gets a response soon and a positive one aswell.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Unfortunately, my best mate who went home was refused today, after the BHC kept his application for the maximum 12 weeks. A phonecall to them last friday (from his wife in the UK, who returned after spending 4 weeks with him) confirmed that his application had been concluded and forwarded to the submission centre but refused to give her the outcome.

He got it today and 320(11) featured in the refusal. They also said there's nothing in the UK law that prevent his sponsor from travelling to his home country and enjoy family life with him there. I haven't got the full details of the refusal but will get it tomorrow and post it for advice as we prepare to pursue the appeal.
Live and let live

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. Do post up as much details as you can about the refusal and reasons given. All the posters will try their best to help.