ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent question on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

affanaliuk
Newly Registered

urgent question on ILR

Post by affanaliuk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:29 pm

my question is my visa is going to expire in dec and i have to apply for ILR but i havent got any letters on my name.Me and my husband live with my in laws and my father in law pays all the bills and also i havent got bank account.what shall i do about all those 6 letter which i have to provide?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 pm

The guidance notes for SET(M) advise you to include a letter explaining why you're not able to submit the required documents showing proof of joint address. Don't you have anything addressed to you during the 2 years? It doesn't have to be bills. What about your husband?

affanaliuk
Newly Registered

Post by affanaliuk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 pm

thanks for your reply i got few letters from the college where i attened a course and doctors card.Another thing i wanted to ask that on the home office website its written that you have to pass an english test if your applying after the 29 nov 2010 and my appointment is on the 2nd dec 2010 so dose that mean that i have to do the test?

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:24 am

affanaliuk wrote:thanks for your reply i got few letters from the college where i attened a course and doctors card.Another thing i wanted to ask that on the home office website its written that you have to pass an english test if your applying after the 29 nov 2010 and my appointment is on the 2nd dec 2010 so dose that mean that i have to do the test?
. No but u must have to pass (life in the uk or esol) test before applying ilr
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

ricky

Post by ricky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 am

do you have life in the uk pass letter without it you can not apply on 2 Dec

affanaliuk
Newly Registered

Post by affanaliuk » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:05 am

I done the test life in the uk and got pass notification. My question is about the new English test which is starting from the 29th nov 2010(mention on the home office website) do I have to do that test as I am applying after the 29th??

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 am

affanaliuk wrote:I done the test life in the uk and got pass notification. My question is about the new English test which is starting from the 29th nov 2010(mention on the home office website) do I have to do that test as I am applying after the 29th??
No.

regards

affanaliuk
Newly Registered

Post by affanaliuk » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:12 pm

thanks for all your help i really appericate it.
I have an appointment on the 2nd dec at crydon office. Unfortunately I dont have enough evidence to prove that we are living together. I dont have a ba nk account or credit cards and we live with my inlaws and his father pays all the bills everything. So we are really stuck spoke to a solicitor who said they can help by providing a letter from his dad saying they live with us. the fee was £650 this is too high for us as the application is £1095. If any one has been in this situation please help and provide a draft letter. I will take with me my father in laws bills and my college letters my dosctors card also we went to morroco so i will take the confrimnation and pictures of us on holiday. My husband has insuarance with his dad so we will take that document too. Any thing else or any advice please can you let me know. Thank you so much

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Don't even consider applying in person. Applications made at a PEO are for straight forward applications. If you apply by post you'll be given the opportunity to explain or submit further proof. You won't get a chance to do this in person.