ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Work Permit Questions

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pagepaternite
Newly Registered

French Work Permit Questions

Post by pagepaternite » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:40 pm

Hello. I am a U.S. citizen, single, with significant high-level professional experience in communications (marketing/advertising). I am at an intermediate level of French. I am considering relocating to Paris later this year and working either as a freelancer/independent contractor (travailleuse independant) OR a self employed consultant (establish my own company and offer my services on a consulting basis). I would ideally have some clients lined up prior to my departure, but I may have more success securing these after I arrive. I envision trying this for one year, and then staying longer if it proves to be a viable life/work situation.

I know that I would need to obtain a long stay work visa prior to departure in either scenario (plus a carte du sejour upon arrival). Since I would be independent and not under contract with any company, what would I need to provide along with my visa application for my particular situation? (E.g.: Would it simply be a letter addressed to the consulate explaining my objective, rationale and qualifications? Would it be necessary to attach a CV in French?) I imagine that anything I can do to present as convincing of a case as possible would be ideal, but I am unsure exactly what to include and how I should present my case. Also, could I only get a 1 year visa or might it be possible to get a longer time period?

Thank you for any insight you may be able to offer!

Sincerely, Page