ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I employ relatives who are already UK citizens?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xleft
- thin ice -

Can I employ relatives who are already UK citizens?

Post by xleft » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:21 am

Hello

Thank you very much in advance for your answers or comments.

I have a question. If me and my wife get Entrepreneur visas, is it Ok if we employ our own adult children who are already UK citizens as those 2 full-time employees needed for this type of visa?

Is it allowed by Home Office? Of course it would be much more convenient fir us to do that because we have family business anyway. So I was wondering is it Ok to employ relatives in this case, will Home Office treat it as eligible thing for this visa?

Thank you!

ens

Re: Can I employ relatives who are already UK citizens?

Post by ens » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 pm

xleft wrote:Hello

I have a question. If me and my wife get Entrepreneur visas, is it Ok if we employ our own adult children who are already UK citizens as those 2 full-time employees needed for this type of visa?

Is it allowed by Home Office? Of course it would be much more convenient fir us to do that because we have family business anyway. So I was wondering is it Ok to employ relatives in this case, will Home Office treat it as eligible thing for this visa?

Thank you!
The same situation, I plan to employ my sister who is UK citizen and once again I will advise my lawyer prior to doing so...

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

ens wrote:
xleft wrote:Hello

Thank you!
The same situation, I plan to employ my sister who is UK citizen and once again I will advise my lawyer prior to doing so...
I would be very grateful if you can let me know what immigration lawyer told you regarding this question. Thank you very much! I see there are quite a lot of views of this message but no replies. Can someone else clarify it please?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 pm

ens wrote:I will advise my lawyer prior to doing so...
Advise your lawyer or take his advice?

regards

xleft
- thin ice -

Can anyone help please?

Post by xleft » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 am

Can anyone help please? Does anybody know?