ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITIZENSHIP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hluphile
Newly Registered

CITIZENSHIP

Post by Hluphile » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:34 am

In 2008 I WAS DECLARED BANKRUPTY AND AFTER I YEAR I WAS AUTOMATICALLY DISCHARGED. I ALMOST LOST MY HOUSE BUT MANAGED TO SERVE IT BY PAYING £14 000 WHICH I WORKED BOTH DAY AND NIGHT TO SAVE. THE CREDIT CRUNCH HELPED AS WELL SINCE THE HOUSE PRIZES WENT DOWN. NOW WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS : WILL THIS AFFECT MY NATURALISATION APPLICATION WHICH I AM ABOUT TO SUBMIT. THE SECTION ON CHARACTER SAYS YOU CAN NOT BE GRANTED CITIZENSHIP IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY BANKRUPT BUT IAM DISCHARGED. HOWEVR PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THEAT YOU HAVE TO WAIT 10 YEARS IS IT TRUE. PLEASE HELP.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:49 am

Your financial background wrote:If you have been declared bankrupt at any time you should give details of the bankruptcy proceedings. Your application is unlikely to succeed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.
See also section 7 of Annex D: The good character requirement.

regards

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:42 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:52 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm

johnsienk wrote:I personally find it very odd that a straightforward bankruptcy, i.e. without a bankruptcy restriction order (BRO) or bankruptcy restriction undertaking (BRU) should risk somebody's chances of becoming a British citizen.

(BRU/BRO are issued when the official receiver concluded a bankruptcy was a result of irresponsible/reckless behaviour).

But as a former bankrupt I am biased.
However if notes say that applicant did not have any fault than after 1 year applicant can make a successful application.