ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Guys if I have learned one thing it is the most obvious thing when applying for a visa or ILR or anything always always apply in person as postal application are a nightmare.

I just got my documents back from the home office and a good christmas present to tell us that our payment information was invalid! There is a new fee structure PLUS a new application form out which you need to resubmit plus the correct fee which is now £900! we submitted £840 we had no clue the fees would change how we supposed to know! I am launching a complaint as wife is right pissed off.

And they had the cheeck to keep the payment page and say we didnt receive your payment page like it wasnt there! I have proof of it scanned in and even sent them a digital copy.

I hear from a source that the 14 week rule that they cant give out any info is complete bull s**** they do give info out you need to barge them call after call until they give you info. Also, i hear from a source that payment of your ILR should be taken from your debit/credit card within 3-4 weeks at the latest. its prefered to send a postal order as debit and credit cards can have problems but i would trust them with my card and money. I am now booked in for an appoitment i luckly got before my wifes visa expires 4 days before 300 miles away!

It actually would of cost me less to do an in person application that all this nonsense. I have to now take 3 days work off due to travel.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:46 pm

AzimScot wrote:Guys if I have learned one thing it is the most obvious thing when applying for a visa or ILR or anything always always apply in person as postal application are a nightmare.

I just got my documents back from the home office and a good christmas present to tell us that our payment information was invalid! There is a new fee structure PLUS a new application form out which you need to resubmit plus the correct fee which is now £900! we submitted £840 we had no clue the fees would change how we supposed to know! I am launching a complaint as wife is right pissed off.

And they had the cheeck to keep the payment page and say we didnt receive your payment page like it wasnt there! I have proof of it scanned in and even sent them a digital copy.

I hear from a source that the 14 week rule that they cant give out any info is complete bull s**** they do give info out you need to barge them call after call until they give you info. Also, i hear from a source that payment of your ILR should be taken from your debit/credit card within 3-4 weeks at the latest. its prefered to send a postal order as debit and credit cards can have problems but i would trust them with my card and money. I am now booked in for an appoitment i luckly got before my wifes visa expires 4 days before 300 miles away!

It actually would of cost me less to do an in person application that all this nonsense. I have to now take 3 days work off due to travel.
I feel you obvious pain regarding a process that is evidently faulty...
Clearly, you applied before (22nd Nov) the use of the new forms and new fees and there isn't a reason not to deal with your situation as they have done. They did nothing about the application until new forms and fee structures are in place and they got confused about a delayed and untreated application ... fault of which is the border agency!

The desire to deal with premium applications (becos they pay slightly more) shouldn't lead the Home office to neglect postal applications. It is unfortunate that the caseworker or those responsible to take payment when due have clearly failed here.

If I were you, I will seek the services of a solicitor to represent you for the same-day application if it is possible as you cannot take more risks...

Absolutely, no basis for them to return your forms...Did they not say they will contact you if there were problems with the application or payment in the acknowledgement letter?

This is very upsetting....this is the same western world so many people are craving for!

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Yes, they did say if they required more documentation they would ask for it, but I understand that they take the payment on the day they get the SET M form and then process the rest of it. Thing was they never contacted us for 3 months to tell us the result which meant the spouse visa is about to expire! Only when I demanded information on my application I got it. The BS 14 week no information is complete bull they do have the info they dont wanna take calls. First thing they do to get you off the phone are you calling in regards of your application of course!

I am going to make a huge complaint about this because if that rule is true then thousands and thousands of application must be turned down for all different visa ranges when fees and application forms change as some visa take 2 years what about those expired passports etc!

Visa and getting ILR very important situation marriages can end because of it and doing postal application personally I think it suicide and what annoys me the most is people havent advised me against doing postal applications incase changes occur from when you send the application and the 6 month wait they say it takes to process.

aa123

Post by aa123 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 am

Azim,
did you use that international debit card you mentioned in previous posts?maybe that was the problem.
Did you put the correct name as per bank account?

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 pm

samnick wrote:lumera,thanks!.still awaiting eagerly..

Hope urs is on the way too.
samnick, any joy yet?

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: ILR (JR 4 years) based on HSMP - no dependents

Post by lumera » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Henrycat10 wrote:Thanks everyone who posted on this forum. I have been reading with interest whilst waiting for my own ILR approval. The wait is finally over for me, as I received my ILR today in the post and all documents returned. Just wanted to post my dates, to give others hope that is IS coming....(eventually!)

Application for SET(O) ILR JR (4 years) from HSMP - zero dependents
Sent postal application - 28th August 2010
Received by HO and payment taken - 31st August 2010
Acknowledgment letter dated (31st August) and received by me 1st Sept
ILR issued and documents received back - 19th October 2010 (back dated to 28th January 2010 (as that was when my 4 years was up)

So 7 weeks exactly from when the HO received it and took payment.

One thing I was disappointed about was that it was returned with the brown envelope all ripped down one side (quite lucky the passport and other docs didn't fall out and get lost!!) - clearly not strong enough! Especially that it contains such important documents, you would think the HO would be more careful or use better quality packaging.

Good luck to all those still waiting.
Congrats...once again...

Please when exactly did you come into the country on HSMP?

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:24 pm

No lumera,still waiting.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:44 am

aa123 wrote:Azim,
did you use that international debit card you mentioned in previous posts?maybe that was the problem.
Did you put the correct name as per bank account?
It can be used anywhere. Yes, it was the correct name. Always pay more and use a postal order as if your debit/credit card gets lost or stolen or stopped for any reason while they crooks take 12 months to process your visa you have lost your fee and will need to reapply and wait another 12 months.

savid
Newly Registered

14th Week! nothing has come yet

Post by savid » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:45 pm

Dear Friends,
I have posted my SET(O) app in sept 23, Application Fee taken out on 27th Sept, now waiting for the final out come..today 14th week is over...nothing has come in my post. I'm bit nervous as I've to travel abroad soon, is it delaying for every1 due to christmas and new year?..please advise..

Many Thanks
Sat

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: 14th Week! nothing has come yet

Post by lumera » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:28 pm

savid wrote:Dear Friends,
I have posted my SET(O) app in sept 23, Application Fee taken out on 27th Sept, now waiting for the final out come..today 14th week is over...nothing has come in my post. I'm bit nervous as I've to travel abroad soon, is it delaying for every1 due to christmas and new year?..please advise..

Many Thanks
Sat
Yes...it looks like the UKBA has gone to sleep right now as we've had very few reported successes from people who submitted around the same time with you. BTW, in what category is your SET(O) application?

Definately, the speed of processing ILR in UKBA calls for great concern, it is really hellish!

savid
Newly Registered

Post by savid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:00 am

lumera wrote:

Many Thanks
Sat
Yes...it looks like the UKBA has gone to sleep right now as we've had very few reported successes from people who submitted around the same time with you. BTW, in what category is your SET(O) application?

Definately, the speed of processing ILR in UKBA calls for great concern, it is really hellish!

Hi, I have completed 5yrs in workpermit.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:47 pm

savid wrote:
lumera wrote:

Many Thanks
Sat

Do you have an acknowledgement letter and if so, what is the date?

savid
Newly Registered

Post by savid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:51 pm

lumera wrote:
savid wrote:
lumera wrote:

Many Thanks
Sat

Yes, The date is 27/09/2010

C.R.Reddy
Newly Registered

Applied for ILR

Post by C.R.Reddy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

Here is my query:

My hubby applied for Set(M) under 4 years category for ILR in April and Got rejected saying Economicall inactive. My husband was working when he applied for SET(M) application. We got an option for Re-apply.

We have re-applied on Oct14th 2010 under SET(O) with 2 dependents. amount got deducted and Recieved acknowledgment.

Waiting for the Results. Did any one came across the above situation.
Did any one re-applied for any reasons, If so.. Plz reply to this post.

Just praying God!! as I'm feeling stressed day by day awaiting for the results.

Thx.
C.R.Reddy

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Savid,We've applied after a week of yours(on 2nd Oct),we too did not hear anything from homeoffice yet.

Even I called them today and enquired about the progress,they said that the application is still under processing and 95% of postal applications will be dealt in 6 months of time.

Did you enquire about the progress of your application?

savid
Newly Registered

Post by savid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:50 pm

savid wrote:
lumera wrote:
savid wrote:
lumera wrote:

Yes, The date is 27/09/2010
Hi all, Today I got my ILR exactly after 14 weeks +1 day....

savid
Newly Registered

Post by savid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:55 pm

samnick wrote:Savid,We've applied after a week of yours(on 2nd Oct),we too did not hear anything from homeoffice yet.

Even I called them today and enquired about the progress,they said that the application is still under processing and 95% of postal applications will be dealt in 6 months of time.

Did you enquire about the progress of your application?
Today I have got my ILR. I think you too should get by next week, if not then u need chase. no reason why HO should keep our passports so long.its bit frustrating as weeks passes and no proper updates from HO.

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 am

congratz..good to hear.we all know how awful the wait should have been for you.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 am

samnick wrote:congratz..good to hear.we all know how awful the wait should have been for you.
Congrats Savid.

Please when was the ILR dated?

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:34 am

samnick wrote:congratz..good to hear.we all know how awful the wait should have been for you.
Samnick, on this forum, it looks like you're next in line!

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 am

Congratulations Savid, hope there is good news for everyone soon as well.

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Hello everyone

Got a call earlier today from my solicitor that my ILR has been granted. It took exactly 10 weeks for my passport to get back.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for all the help and useful info.

I wish for everyone who is still waiting waiting to hear good news very soon.

All the best

milrr

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 pm

milrr wrote:Hello everyone

Got a call earlier today from my solicitor that my ILR has been granted. It took exactly 10 weeks for my passport to get back.

All the best

milrr
Congratulations. When exactly did you send this off to the home office?

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:42 pm

lumera wrote:
milrr wrote:Hello everyone

All the best

milrr
Congratulations. When exactly did you send this off to the home office?
Thank you. It was sent on 28th of Octber with Ack letter dated 5th of November.

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Congratz milrr..thats a great news.