ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submission of HSMP appliation while in UK on Holiday

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

noddy214

Submission of HSMP appliation while in UK on Holiday

Post by noddy214 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:18 am

Hi Friends,

The message borad is really helpful. Keep up the good work.

Could somebody tell me if it is OK to submit the HSMP application while on holiday in UK.

I am planning to visit a friend London and was wondering if I should myself carry the application and deliver it instead of using the courier. Do they accept people walking in making their application in person instead of couriering it.

Please advice.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:19 pm

noddy214

All HSMP applications must be submitted by post or courier, not hand delivered. Royal Mail Special Delivery is best in my opinion.

Furthermore, your application must be an out of country application. That is, you must use your address outside the UK as your current residence, you should not submit your passport, and after you get approval you will need to get Entry Clearance at the consulate in your home country. In my opinion, you can't really submit an out of country application when you are physically in the UK because the application asks you if you are in the UK or not.

Of course, if you wish, you can leave the application post dated with your friend and (s)he can post it after you leave the UK. You can specify that the documents can also be returned to your friend's address.

Joseph