ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel Europe when YMV visa expires and coming back to UK?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apriliapegaso28

travel Europe when YMV visa expires and coming back to UK?

Post by apriliapegaso28 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:29 am

Hello,

I'm a Spanish citizen and my Japanese gf and I were thinking about going to Spain for a couple of weeks in April. Her Youth Mobility Visa (Tier-5) expires just in the middle of the holidays, ie, we'll leave with her Visa still valid but when we're coming back to the UK, it will have expired.

Do you know if it will be possible to enter the UK as a tourist for 6 months due to the agreement maintained between Japan and UK in this subject? or is it compulsory for her to go back to Japan before she's allowed to re-enter the country again?

Thanks for any tip.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Non-visa nationals wrote:Although non-visa nationals do not normally need visit visas, they are not guaranteed entry into the UK. Visitors must satisfy a UK Border Agency officer that they meet certain visitor requirements and may need to show the officer certain documents in support of their request to enter the UK.

regards

apriliapegaso28

Post by apriliapegaso28 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for the info and link again. I was trying to find that without success...

I then follow another link from there regarding the documents that one might need as a general visitor:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visit ... documents/

I suppose that a good way to prove it is an air ticket to Japan in the next few months, but as usual, it seems it all will depend on the officer's mood on the day :S