ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:
unique012 wrote:they do not take 12 weeks for the review, if you read the information on their website under admin review it says they aim to review applications within 28 days, from the day croydon recieves the papers. If you send directly to croydon the process will be quicker as you sending them directly there. However, if you send them to Loughsborogh you only have to wait a few more weeks, as it takes time for them to send the documents to Croydon.

Hope this helps. :D
My case is different.

We have received a letter from the UK Visa Section about Respondent withdrawing appeal. I read two other posts where their letter said "decision should be overturned and the visa issued" our letter just says "decision should be reviewed".

We have received this letter

Our Ref:
VAC Ref:
Passport number(s)
Applicants Address:
Tel/mob no.

Dear

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be reviewed. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, call centre’s number: 0900 10411, on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for submission of your passport.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

This letter (must be brought with you)
Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.
TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

Yours Sincerely,

Entry Clearance Officer
UKBAIG UK Visa Section London#

I received the following response from an experienced member on this forum

The latter is reffered to when the matter goes to appeal and a decision is made by teh adjudicator to issue visa.

Yours has not gone that far.It has been decided to withdraw appeal and issue visa by UKBA b( pending just a few checeks on maybe one or two things)because they have decided not to go appeal because there is achance that the reasons given by ECO will not stand up in court, so they have decided to "review"application further ( meaning issue visa if everything is ok). This is why they have asked you for new TB certificate, your passport and date of travel. They only do this if they are going to issue a visa, otherwise they would not have demanded these till they had checked everything over like a fine tooth comb

This " review" is different from when you fisrt appeal and teh ECM "reviews" the new points you have outlined in your appeal notice to see whether the right decision was made in the first place.In your circumstances they must have done that in the begining and teh ECM stuck by the original decison, only to be now told by someoine higher than him to look at again.

I am pretty sure you will get your visa, but this whole procedure can take anything upto 3 months as they are very slow when issuing visa, so you need to bit patient now and hang on till the visa is isuued and then you can celebrate.
You might be right sajid but what if the worst happen? can they still say we will not issue visa? on what bases they can say this?

Did you also send email to: STE.UKHUB@fco.gov.uk because if it i in UK then they should be responsible for it?

You made me worry now :?

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Nasjam I honestly feel that you will get the visa because you have already won the case in the court and it is highly unlikely that ECO will challenge judge decsion. Our case is slightly different so i don't know how they review the cases behind the scenes.

I think you should email to the address yasmin used as I didn't get any response from the email you have provided.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:07 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:Nasjam I honestly feel that you will get the visa because you have already won the case in the court and it is highly unlikely that ECO will challenge judge decsion. Our case is slightly different so i don't know how they review the cases behind the scenes.

I think you should email to the address yasmin used as I didn't get any response from the email you have provided.
Yes but we both received same call in letters :? .. anyway I will email them and also you do not worry... you will also get it inshallah

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 am

Please let me know when you have sent an email and when you get response.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:44 am

Hi

I am asking again.Has anyone experience of paper appeal and what is procedure.

How much ECO has time to review decision?

Shahzad

unique012

Post by unique012 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Salaam everyone,

I am wanting to know when u recieve the letter stating ur decision has been overturned after how long do u recieve the call letter? I haven't recieved anything as yet as it has only been two weeks since I sent the appeal documents, but for my own knowledge I would like to know. Thank you. :D

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:47 pm

hi guys my hubby is cuming next week i jus want to know wt will they ask at the airport to him n wt he needs to bring? plz can sum1 help me

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm

yasmin786 wrote:hi guys my hubby is cuming next week i jus want to know wt will they ask at the airport to him n wt he needs to bring? plz can sum1 help me
Yasmin i PM you so please answer me and also tell me which airline your husband use?and on which airport he will arrive?

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 pm

tasawar wrote:
yasmin786 wrote:hi guys my hubby is cuming next week i jus want to know wt will they ask at the airport to him n wt he needs to bring? plz can sum1 help me
Yasmin i PM you so please answer me and also tell me which airline your husband use?and on which airport he will arrive?
lol I don't kow if yasmin will answer that.Do yu want to follow him or sumfin?

I recommend PIA straight to Heathrow.

Yasmin, I think your husband should know everything about the case as they can ask any random question at the airport. For example Whats your sponsor address? Where does she work? Where you started your journey from? Did you pack the bag yourself? Has anyone given you anything to take on the plane? Has your bag been in your posession the whole time?

Nothing to worry about at all but they can ask anything really!

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 am

[quote="sajidmahmood"][quote="tasawar"][quote="yasmin786"]hi guys my hubby is cuming next week i jus want to know wt will they ask at the airport to him n wt he needs to bring? plz can sum1 help me[/quote]

Yasmin i PM you so please answer me and also tell me which airline your husband use?and on which airport he will arrive?[/quote]

lol I don't kow if yasmin will answer that.Do yu want to follow him or sumfin?

I recommend PIA straight to Heathrow.

Yasmin, I think your husband should know everything about the case as they can ask any random question at the airport. For example Whats your sponsor address? Where does she work? Where you started your journey from? Did you pack the bag yourself? Has anyone given you anything to take on the plane? Has your bag been in your posession the whole time?

Nothing to worry about at all but they can ask anything really![/quote]

thanks sajid lol i knw taswar y do u want to knw wt flight is he taking lol

and taswar they stamp our visa in islamabad nt abu dabia or uk. bcoz nw they hav moved bk to islamabad does this make it clear for all ur questions :D

siama
Newly Registered

Post by siama » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 pm

hi yasmin i email them on tuesday ask them how long is the process for to stamp my hubby,s passport and they email me today saying that there are delays and we will find out from islamabad what is going on and we will email you back what shall i do wait or email them again can you please let me know what did they reply to you

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:59 pm

[quote="siama"]hi yasmin i email them on tuesday ask them how long is the process for to stamp my hubby,s passport and they email me today saying that there are delays and we will find out from islamabad what is going on and we will email you back what shall i do wait or email them again can you please let me know what did they reply to you[/quote]

jus wait till monday u get no reply back then u email them again on tuesday n say as u sed u will get bk to me but u did nt so could u tell me were the case is processed up 2 etc

all the best :D

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm

sajid and nasjam

have they nt gt back to you abt ur passports?

and another thing is y on ur calling letters it says it will be rewived bcoz it did nt say on my hubbys calling letter :?

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:20 pm

AOA786

I also have the same calling letter which yasmin had.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm

yasmin786 wrote:sajid and nasjam

have they nt gt back to you abt ur passports?

and another thing is y on ur calling letters it says it will be rewived bcoz it did nt say on my hubbys calling letter :?
Salaam Yasmin.

Yes me and Sajid both dont know why we got call in letter like this but I am still very positive that we will get it inshallah. Is is just a matter of time.

I also thing because our case is for settlement visa and may be that is why they have to review it and may be that is why it is taking long time.

Lets see, I am in touch with them and whatever they say I will post it here inshallah

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

hi, inshallah u will soon get ur passports wid visa stamp

but my husbands case was settlement visa to dnt knw y they taking so long bcoz sajid gave his passport b4 then my husband gave it in

ur in my duas inshallah soon u will get it

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Salaam everyone,

How are you all, hope ur well. It has been 2 and a half weeks since i sent the appeal documents to croydon... Does anyone know when i should get a reply? Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you, may all ur wishes and dreams come true Ameen.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:05 pm

siama wrote:hi yasmin i email them on tuesday ask them how long is the process for to stamp my hubby,s passport and they email me today saying that there are delays and we will find out from islamabad what is going on and we will email you back what shall i do wait or email them again can you please let me know what did they reply to you

siama could you please tell me that. Did your "call in letter" were saying that decision overturn and send your passport for visa stamp or it was saying .... we should REVEIW the appeal?

Please can you explain a bit more?

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:51 pm

nasjam wrote:
siama wrote:hi yasmin i email them on tuesday ask them how long is the process for to stamp my hubby,s passport and they email me today saying that there are delays and we will find out from islamabad what is going on and we will email you back what shall i do wait or email them again can you please let me know what did they reply to you

siama could you please tell me that. Did your "call in letter" were saying that decision overturn and send your passport for visa stamp or it was saying .... we should REVEIW the appeal?

Please can you explain a bit more?
Hi Nasjam,

Our case is not straight for Indifinite Leave to Enter but a normal spousal visa application which has 2 years expiration time,after which you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remaim from the UK. The reason for refusal was that they didn't believe the relationship even though there is a child from the relationship so we asked them in the appeal to take DNA but they never requested this.

Thank you.
Khan Safi

siama
Newly Registered

Post by siama » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 am

it said we should reveiew the appeal said on the calling letter

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 am

nasjam wrote:
yasmin786 wrote:hi, inshallah u will soon get ur passports wid visa stamp

but my husbands case was settlement visa to dnt knw y they taking so long bcoz sajid gave his passport b4 then my husband gave it in

ur in my duas inshallah soon u will get it
thank you all i need is dua
did your call letter say

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be reviewed. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

OR

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be OVERTURNED AND VISA GRANTED. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 am

hey guys to jus to make it clear my husband got this calling letter through email.....

Date: 9th December 2010

Our Ref:
VAC Ref:
Passport number(s)
Applicants Address:
Tel/mob no.

Dear

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be overturned and the visa issued. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, call centre’s number: 0900 10411, on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for submission of your passport.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

Yours Sincerely,

Entry Clearance Officer
UKBAIG UK Visa Section London

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:30 pm

yasmin786 wrote:hey guys to jus to make it clear my husband got this calling letter through email.....

Date: 9th December 2010

Our Ref:
VAC Ref:
Passport number(s)
Applicants Address:
Tel/mob no.

Dear

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be overturned and the visa issued. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

Yours Sincerely,

Entry Clearance Officer
UKBAIG UK Visa Section London
Hello

I think the reason you have got it so quickly is because your letter clearly say that they should issue visa to you.... our letter say it should be reveiwed so that is why it is taking long .... thankss yasmin for the info

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:31 pm

siama wrote:it said we should reveiew the appeal said on the calling letter
Saima your letter is also like ours ... so if you get it quickly like yasmin then we will be so happy for you...

I am waiting for one month now

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 pm

My Call In letter is a bit different from those pasted above. Received this on email on the 30th of Dec, 2010 (after 2 months of receiving Notice of Withdrawal) and submitted passport on 4th Jan, 2011 with a printout of the letter. Still waiting for news. Current status on Gerry's says "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission. 01/15/2011" Before this, status said that it had been sent to OC or something like that...

The Gerry's guys were pretty confident that the visa will be granted. I asked three different people and got the same reply! Apparently, Call In letter means that you will be getting the visa....

Call In letter is pasted below for your review:

CALL IN LETTER

Our Ref:
Gerry's International Ref:
Passport number:
Name:

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on any working day with the exception of public holidays. Further information on the nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre to you can be obtained by telephoning 0900 10411.

- This letter

- Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

- Please confirm your intended date of travel.

- Passport copy of the sponsor showing current Immigration status.

- TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more requires to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

If you are an applicant under the age of 18, we require the following information:

1. If you intend to travel unaccompanied, we require written permission from your parent(s)/guardian that you may travel alone.
2. If you intend to travel accompanied by your parent/s, we require the accompanying adult's passport number and name in full.
3. If you intend to travel accompanied by anyone other than your parent(s)/guardian, you must provide written permission from your parent(s)/guardian that you may travel.

Yours Sincerely,
Visa Enquiries Team