ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rehanann
Newly Registered

Tier1

Post by rehanann » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 pm

I got tier1 on Jan 10 2011, its expires 9 Jan 2013. I have few thing to settle down in current place and looking to move UK on april.
if I landed on april, i have to renew my visa after 1 years and 9 months, that will be the first renewal for 3 years.
then I will complete 4 years and 9 months.
what happen do I have to complete 5 years and then apply for the PR or 4 years is enough to apply for that, and also what happen in the 2nd renewals do I have to score again tier1 points for 2nd visa renewals.

2nd question is : if I will visit UK for a week then my counter start, and come back once for 90 days for personal premisis, also this leave will impact for the issuing PR and residency.

Pls reply.

cskmail

Similar issue...

Post by cskmail » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:46 pm

I obtained my Tier 1 - General Visa two years back in Sept 2008, from New Delhi, India VFS. It is still valid till Sept 2011. So far I was not able to utilise it for visiting or working in UK.

Can I still use this Visa for visiting and working in UK? At present I am not looking for PR or ILR. I am just looking to get some work ex. in UK and get back my money that I had already spent....

Any one plz guide me on this....

Any timely advice is welcome.... :?:

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm

You can still use this visa for working in the UK. Technically, you should not be using it as a visitor visa and should go there with the intention of working.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

cskmail

Post by cskmail » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 pm

mulderpf wrote:You can still use this visa for working in the UK. Technically, you should not be using it as a visitor visa and should go there with the intention of working.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am able to secure a good offer from one London based firm. Can I declare this to the immigration officer at Heathrow?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Sure, if you want to. It's not a problem because that's what your visa was intended for!
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:02 pm

@ cskmail,

You might want to make a note of this. If you get in by February with a job, you have about 8 months left on your Tier 1 visa.

If you plan on applying for an extension in September, then you are going to have to show earning proofs, which means you should have your eligible earnings for that 8 month period.

Another thing, I hear is employers make sure that you have atleast 12 months on your visa, before offering you permanent employment. Am not so sure about contracting though.

Just be aware so you are prepared. Good Luck.

@ rehannan

You will have to qualify for your 2nd extension, which is again points based. Use the PBS calculator.

Yes you can do the enter uk, go back and come in within 90 days. This topic has been discussed many times in the forum, so look around. Just that you will have to have the right answers to give the IO when you come back in the 2nd time.

cskmail

Post by cskmail » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm

LearningCurve wrote:@ cskmail,

You might want to make a note of this. If you get in by February with a job, you have about 8 months left on your Tier 1 visa.

If you plan on applying for an extension in September, then you are going to have to show earning proofs, which means you should have your eligible earnings for that 8 month period.

Another thing, I hear is employers make sure that you have atleast 12 months on your visa, before offering you permanent employment. Am not so sure about contracting though.

Just be aware so you are prepared. Good Luck.

@ rehannan

You will have to qualify for your 2nd extension, which is again points based. Use the PBS calculator.

Yes you can do the enter uk, go back and come in within 90 days. This topic has been discussed many times in the forum, so look around. Just that you will have to have the right answers to give the IO when you come back in the 2nd time.
Thank you everybody for clearing the air. Actually this seed of doubt was planted by the security of New Delhi BHC. They haven't allowed me go in and put my query to BHC officer. Instead, they told me that my Tier-1 Visa can not be used as work Visa, now.

Today, I got it clarified from VFS. VFS rep. told me the same, you guys were recommending here.

Thanks for your support, this forum is always a great help for me on all type of queries...