ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question re: This family visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gollywood
Member of Standing

Question re: This family visit visa

Post by gollywood » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Can someone explain what the following means?

Type of Visa: C
Number of Entries: MULT
Duration of stay: 180 days

Received by a relative that we sponsored who is Pakistan - went through successfully (1st time!)

We had applied for a straightforward family visit visa for a short stay, but dont understand the 'MULT' element.

Many thanks :)

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Image of visa

(query resolved - image removed)
Last edited by gollywood on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajmal

Re: Question re: This family visit visa [Visa image attached

Post by ajmal » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:21 pm

gollywood wrote:Can someone explain what the following means?

Type of Visa: C
Number of Entries: MULT
Duration of stay: 180 days

Received by a relative that we sponsored who is Pakistan - went through successfully (1st time!)

We had applied for a straightforward family visit visa for a short stay, but dont understand the 'MULT' element.

Many thanks :)

Its normal 6 month visit visa with multiple entries during 180 days period.

You can stay only the time you mentioned in your visa application for example if you write in your visa application that you are going to stay in UK for 1 month, normally you can stay for that period only

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 pm

OK, so theoretically, he could arrive for 2 weeks & then go back. Then come back 2 months later for another 2 weeks? And then go back, and come back for another 2 weeks - aslong as its within the 6 months?

Thats how I read into it.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 pm

gollywood wrote:OK, so theoretically, he could arrive for 2 weeks & then go back. Then come back 2 months later for another 2 weeks? And then go back, and come back for another 2 weeks - aslong as its within the 6 months?

Thats how I read into it.

Yes this is how its works

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks ajju - appreciated

r007
Newly Registered

Query on duration of stay for Family visitor visa

Post by r007 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Just a query on the duration of stay as i am applying for my mother visa and in invitation letter stating for 3 months.

If she gets a Visa for 180 days, can't she stay for whole six months at a stretch even though we stated 3 months in her application letter (Not application form)

pranjam

Re: Query on duration of stay for Family visitor visa

Post by pranjam » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

r007 wrote:Just a query on the duration of stay as i am applying for my mother visa and in invitation letter stating for 3 months.

If she gets a Visa for 180 days, can't she stay for whole six months at a stretch even though we stated 3 months in her application letter (Not application form)
From personal experience she can stay for the whole 6 months
Last edited by pranjam on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Query on duration of stay for Family visitor visa

Post by Rozen » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:08 pm

r007 wrote:Just a query on the duration of stay as i am applying for my mother visa and in invitation letter stating for 3 months.

YES, she can stay the whole six months at a go (even though she only mentioned three months on the application) AS LONG AS she goes home before the visa expires.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:26 am

Hi all, the thing is i want to sponsor my sister, who is a student in france doing her masters, to visit me. So can u guys kindly guide me wat documents do i need to send her to apply for a visit visa.
My sister has a pakistani passport.
About me, i'm on workpermit and employed full time and i live in a rented room, in a shared house.
Thanks in advance.