ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Periods of absence from the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

giz

Periods of absence from the UK

Post by giz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:32 am

Is there any way the UKBA can verify my dates of absence from the UK when applying for naturalisation? ( Border control computer records etc) as although I have entry stamps in my passport when returning to the UK, I do not have any exit stamps, so cannot be 100% sure of the exct dates.
I'm married to a BC since 2004 and have held ILR for 1 yr + 2 yr spouse visa and 2 x 12 month visitors visas preceeding that. Most of the time spent away from the UK were to accompany my husband with his work.

Any feedback will be much appreciated :D

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:19 pm

UKBA can access computer records to cross check your dates. Try and be as accurate as possible and if you do not exceed 180 days there shoudnt be any problem.
Best wishes

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Apologies, the 180 days bit is for ILR, which you already have.
The citizenship rules of absence will apply here.

John

Post by John » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm married to a BC since 2004 and have held ILR for 1 yr + 2 yr spouse visa and 2 x 12 month visitors visas preceeding that.
Given you are married to a BC you are only concerned with the dates in and out of the UK in the last three years. Dates more than 3 years ago are irrelevant when you complete the form AN.

Of course do ensure that you were physically in the UK exactly 3 years before UKBA will receive the Naturalisation application.
John

giz

Post by giz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 am

Many thanks to gidoc & John for the good feedback, I'll now try and work out all my days away from UK in the last 3 yrs, with emphasis on the last 12 months (90 day rule)
I'll keep you posted on my progress towards obtaining BC :D