ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Travel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jk2007
BANNED

Business Travel

Post by Jk2007 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:19 am

I run my own limited company and do contracting for various clients in the UK. My main residence and my company's registered office is at one place, and I travel during the weekdays to various contract locations, and return to home on Thursday or Friday each week.

In the Naturalisation application form, should I list all the addresses I have travelled to and stayed for business purposes?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:10 pm

I wouldn't think that was necessary. For example, if you travelled a lot for work and stayed in hotels, would you give the hotels' addresses, even if you stayed in the same ones over and over again? No, and it's sufficient in your case to give the address of what you call your main residence. (I am assuming here that all the places you're talking about are in the UK?)

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Christophe wrote:I wouldn't think that was necessary. For example, if you travelled a lot for work and stayed in hotels, would you give the hotels' addresses, even if you stayed in the same ones over and over again? No, and it's sufficient in your case to give the address of what you call your main residence. (I am assuming here that all the places you're talking about are in the UK?)
Thanks very much Christophe.
Should I mention in the application that I travel for contract assignments? Would this cause unnecessary confusion?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Jk2007 wrote:Thanks very much Christophe.
Should I mention in the application that I travel for contract assignments? Would this cause unnecessary confusion?
No, I wouldn't mention it particularly. I don't think it's an issue at all. Plenty of people travel for work, some a lot, as do you, but that doesn't alter the fact that you have a main residence where you actually live – and, moreover, where the Home Office can contact you by post if they need to.

Again, though, I ask: are your work trips within the UK? (If they're not, that's a different matter, and you of course need to note them on the section of the form that addresses time spent out of the UK.)

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks Christophe.
All my business travel is within the UK.