ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mxh558
Newly Registered

Unrestricted CoS

Post by mxh558 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:45 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has heard if they have been assigned the unrestricted CoS for hte 6th April. We were told that we would hear before the 6th April but wouldn't be able to assign any until the 6th.

So far we haven't heard anything and I was wondering if someone else had.

Thanks,
MXH

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 am

Wait until 08:00am 06-Apr-11.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mxh558
Newly Registered

Post by mxh558 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks, the UKBA has already lost or misplaced 2 of our application so hoping we get this one

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Does anyone knows how long does it take CoS to be allocated? My employer submitted an application for sponsorship in January. Since, we had UKBA surprise visit and we haven't herd from them. my visa expires in the beginning of May. I hope we will get the licence any day now. my only concern is will we have enough time to assign a unrestricted CoS by May. Thank you

ratapita

Hello

Post by ratapita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm

I have mentioned this in the other Cos Thread also.
Our HR Department has also told me to wait until they discuss with UKBA on the morning of 6th about the CoS allocations! My Visa expires on 9 April and earlier Hr had promised they would do my CoS on the 4th but susbsequently the interim limit was extended to cover the 4th.
As I understood from the Statement of Intent published last October the UKBA was supposed to discuss the allocations with sponsors within weeks of that, but it is surprising if not worrisome that they seem not tto have done so..... :(

mxh558
Newly Registered

Post by mxh558 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 pm

We got our allocation of CoS this morning, assigned it and straight away we had a certificate number!!

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm

My employer has just contacted the UKBA in regards with our application for Sponsorship Licence for which we have applied on 15 Jan 2011.

Still under consideration!

Good news, CoS is granted instantly, off course once the employer is granted with Sponsorship licence.

I am on TIER 1(PSW) my employer did not conduct RTLM for my position. Will this affect the decision about granting the Sponsorship Licence? Since I am on PSW and have been working for my employer for over 5 years my employer thought that he doesn't need to conduct the RTLM.

Any thoughts on this??

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 pm

slobodar wrote:My employer has just contacted the UKBA in regards with our application for Sponsorship Licence for which we have applied on 15 Jan 2011.

Still under consideration!

Good news, CoS is granted instantly, off course once the employer is granted with Sponsorship licence.

I am on TIER 1(PSW) my employer did not conduct RTLM for my position. Will this affect the decision about granting the Sponsorship Licence? Since I am on PSW and have been working for my employer for over 5 years my employer thought that he doesn't need to conduct the RTLM.

Any thoughts on this??
How do you work for your company for 5 years when you're on a PSW :?

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:19 pm

I live in UK for 9 years, first on a student visa than PSW.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 pm

slobodar wrote:I live in UK for 9 years, first on a student visa than PSW.
As far as I know if you work for the employer over 6 months they don't have to do RLMT. I can't confirm this though

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Thx

That was my only concern, I don't know why it takes them so long to decide.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

requesting a COS and ASSIGNING a COS are two separate events.

your employer can request as many as they want... but your(migrant's) application might be refused if employer didnt follow code of practice when he assigned the allocated COS.

so you better make sure everything is done, as mentioned in code of practice, BEFORE COS is assigned to you

cleverclues
Newly Registered

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Post by cleverclues » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:23 pm

What is the procedure to request an initial unrestricted COS via SMS. It displays - Allocation Limit = 0; Allocation Used = 0; Allocation remaining = 0 under request allocation increase in Sponsorship management system.

Can anybody guid through this stage on how to request allocation of unrestriced COS

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:54 pm

always remember google is your friend lol

COS request via SMS

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:27 am

arsenal49 wrote:requesting a COS and ASSIGNING a COS are two separate events.

your employer can request as many as they want... but your(migrant's) application might be refused if employer didnt follow code of practice when he assigned the allocated COS.
The request for CoS and assigning CoS is a processes which are completed in 1 day?
arsenal49 wrote:so you better make sure everything is done, as mentioned in code of practice, BEFORE COS is assigned to you

I found my job description in the Occupation codes of practice for Tier 2, I am earning £32 000 p/a. I think I should be fine. Like I said earlier, my only concern is the timing since I am still waiting my employer to be granted with Sponsorship License.

keikeichris

Change rule timeline

Post by keikeichris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:09 am

Just had news from my employer and it looks like UKBA has messed up with some forms and stuff and adviced my employer to send an email with the orginal form attached. We requested on March but got refused and now the application has been put forward to April. Need to wait for a bit longer !!! Hope it will work out.... will post undate as soon as possible.

anyone who's got unrestricted COS please UPDATE (from 6th April)

Many thanks
Good luck everyone !!

regards
Chris

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

mxh558 wrote:Thanks, the UKBA has already lost or misplaced 2 of our application so hoping we get this one
Sorry to hear that I am also in the same situation but would you mind telling me what exactly your employer heard from UKBA? And what they adviced to your employer?

Mine called UKBA up and said we should send a new application? Hope it will work out with both of us

many thanks
Chris

vp327
Newly Registered

Re: Change rule timeline

Post by vp327 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:14 am

keikeichris wrote:Just had news from my employer and it looks like UKBA has messed up with some forms and stuff and adviced my employer to send an email with the orginal form attached. We requested on March but got refused and now the application has been put forward to April. Need to wait for a bit longer !!! Hope it will work out.... will post undate as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Good luck everyone !!

regards
Chris
My visa expired on 3rd April and sent my visa application on 1st April without COS.I got the unrestricted COS on 6th april. When I contacted Home office on 6th April, they directed me to fax and send it by next day delivery. They took my visa application fees on 6th April. However, when I contacted home office, they said there is no guarantee whether I will get the visa or not...

hi chris, could you please explain...what you mean by "put forward to april". I think panel meeting is only for restricted COS not for unrestricted. Actually your employer might have got a cos which need to assign by uploading all your personal details. Once your employer give all your details, COS automatically comes in the screen. please check with your employer.[/url]

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:55 pm

keikeichris wrote:Just had news from my employer and it looks like UKBA has messed up with some forms and stuff and adviced my employer to send an email with the orginal form attached. We requested on March but got refused and now the application has been put forward to April. Need to wait for a bit longer !!! Hope it will work out.... will post undate as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Good luck everyone !!

regards
Chris
Hi,

Just make sure that what ever you email to UKBA re your allocations email it to the new email- tier2limits@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

This is the new email from 6th April and they are not checking the prev. email address anymore. Some UKBA staff themselves had given the wrong email adress to my HR :shock: and then we got to know the correct one when my Manager contacted them directly . But the next morning UKBA gave the same old email address to HR again, only to phone back 1/2 hour later to say they had actually got it wrong and we had the correct one :x

Unrestricted CoS does not go by month by month basis . Your employer should have asked for their yearly allocation and this should already have been allocated to them. If not email to the above address.

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:40 am

My employer was waiting April 6th to get on the UKBA website, but they could not get the COS information for me until 16.00 on the 7th. The evening of the 7th, I booked a PEO appointment for the 3rd of May for me and 2 dependents. I hope it all works out and I wish all the best of luck. By the way, I realised that my employer should have a RMLT but they had already taken care of it! :D

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 am

vp327 wrote:

Many thanks
Good luck everyone !!

regards
Chris
My visa expired on 3rd April and sent my visa application on 1st April without COS.I got the unrestricted COS on 6th april. When I contacted Home office on 6th April, they directed me to fax and send it by next day delivery. They took my visa application fees on 6th April. However, when I contacted home office, they said there is no guarantee whether I will get the visa or not...

hi chris, could you please explain...what you mean by "put forward to april". I think panel meeting is only for restricted COS not for unrestricted. Actually your employer might have got a cos which need to assign by uploading all your personal details. Once your employer give all your details, COS automatically comes in the screen. please check with your employer.[/url]

All I know is that my employer has applied unrestricted COS and it hasnt come back yet and we are still waiting (sent the new form already, because all employer should have sent the form about 3 weeks ago)
Waiting for COS (unrestricted) too

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 am

ratapita wrote:

Many thanks
Good luck everyone !!

regards
Chris
Hi,

Just make sure that what ever you email to UKBA re your allocations email it to the new email- tier2limits@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

This is the new email from 6th April and they are not checking the prev. email address anymore. Some UKBA staff themselves had given the wrong email adress to my HR :shock: and then we got to know the correct one when my Manager contacted them directly . But the next morning UKBA gave the same old email address to HR again, only to phone back 1/2 hour later to say they had actually got it wrong and we had the correct one :x

Unrestricted CoS does not go by month by month basis . Your employer should have asked for their yearly allocation and this should already have been allocated to them. If not email to the above address.
Thank you so much for your advice, my employer has sent the yearly request as adviced from UKBA. However, they have miss placed it and my employer was asked to send again. so I just wish they will sort it out ASAP.. putting forward to April ' not so sure what it means'
it seems that they always trying to confuse people, which I am not very impress with. I will update as soon as I have something. it is the 11th now.